2013 finds AussieTreasureDigger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good day out ATD. Couldn't help but notice the ceramic piece of the electric jug element. Who takes an electric jug to the beach??? :rolleyes:

Looks like you need the tazer attachment on your 3030 for the dogs ;)

Au

Sounds like a tough day mate.

I had a similar incident on the beach a while back when a dog ran over and latched onto my detector, it came back for seconds but the owner pulled rank thankfully. Kinda scared the crap out of me as it ran from behind.

AU Fever said:
Looks like a good day out ATD. Couldn't help but notice the ceramic piece of the electric jug element. Who takes an electric jug to the beach??? :rolleyes:

Looks like you need the tazer attachment on your 3030 for the dogs ;)

Au

Found an old harmonica reed near it as well, been down there awhile i think.

If a dog were to attack me i would pull my M85, not so nice and new now

dig1.jpg

Nugget said:
Sounds like a tough day mate.

I had a similar incident on the beach a while back when a dog ran over and latched onto my detector, it came back for seconds but the owner pulled rank thankfully. Kinda scared the crap out of me as it ran from behind.

I had 2 blokes kick a footy at me last winter and land right on the lower shaft of my CTX, what they thought was funny soon turned into apologies as i started to go a bit ballistic :mad:

Those beaches sound like rough places! Dogs, flying footies & intruding people. Might stick to the bush too :).

I wonder what makes people think that because your using a detector that your part of some funky tourist attraction? S'pose its human nature to be curious but it can be annoying - had some people at Hill End a few weeks ago drive around near where I was. They got out of the car & start heading towards me. I quickly ducked off down through some gullies & creeks across the other side of the area I was detecting. They must have decided they didn't want to follow me through the scrub so they got back in their car & drive around the other side towards me again. I was back over in my original spot before they even got out of the car this time. They stood there for awhile looking at me, & again must have decided to not walk through the scrub, then went for a walk up a clear track towards some old diggings instead. I think they must have worked out I didn't want to give them a demo that day :lol:

AussieTreasureDigger said:
My fav is the ones chatting to you and you have headphones on, they still dont get it.

:lol: - I don't mind people that have a genuine interest in metal detecting. Will chat to them & would even let them have a go, if I wasn't finding much, but its the sticky beaks who want to see what, if anything, your finding that I don't really like too much. Also heard of people who want to follow you around & watch what your digging up - don't think I could cop that! :mad:

I often have a chat to genuine people, but people dont realize its taking up my detecting time, i cant find anything if i am chatting away and it takes my concentration.

I dont like the ones that follow you and make stupid comments or let their kids follow you miles down the beach, until i have to tell them to go back to their parents or the Chinese guy yesterday: Where can i get one of the detectors?, you must be finding lots i have been watching (i was digging lots of trash) Do you find gold have you found Ancient coins? i tend to hit the ignore button after awhile so they take the hint.

I actually decided the other day that I just don't like people. After years of working in the city with either traffic jams or crowded trains and people all over the streets, there's nothing I love more than just me and the detector out in the bush.

I did a few local parks when I first got the detector, more for practise than any thing, but got the shits with people asking if I'd found anything. It didn't take long to reply "nah, just junk mate". I'd even show them what was in my "junk" pocket just to prove it :)

I'm very much an introvert and generally keep to myself and would much rather stay home than go out and party. Would much rather stay home and watch the footy than go to it. I found people in general these days are very rude and in too much in a rush to get where they're going.

Or it could just be I'm turning into a grumpy old fart 8.(

Au

When i work on the wharfs, like i am about to start my shift at 1am, its just me and the seagulls, then about 4:30am humans driving trucks turn up and spoil it :mad:

I very much like to either be in the bush or stay at home, i dont mind detecting with a couple of blokes but generally i dont socialize much, unless out camping or the like.

Out with The Duck yesterday for what was to be an hour to clean the trash off a small site so we can return after the lawns are mown, 6.5 hours later we decided to call it a day.

I was having a good time under all the trash finding an 1891 HP a 1922 HP 1942 Penny 1950 penny 1952 Penny 1964 Penny a chinese cash coin, $20.55 in spendables and 25 BB's not all shown an old lock and an old set keys with a John Deere key on there from days gone by and what maybe be an RAAF badge with the F missing.

5og5.jpg

g122.jpg

Not a bad effort there guys. Do you think you've cleared the place out now or will you still have to return later?

This is just the surface trash pretty much, we need a mower through there, then set up to hunt deeper, theAT Pro with my SunRay pro gold headphones and the NEL hunter coil come to mind, i think we may find as much again.

Aussie - just a thought that the 'RAA' could also be a Royal Australian Artillery (RAA) metal shoulder badge? Apart from that - an excellent days finds!! Well done - love reading these types of finds.

Yeah mate it could of been alot of things, the badge has a piece missing though, it could of been RAASC RAAOC RAAMC etc etc etc so i guess i will never know, pity it wasn't in tact.

Latest posts