2013 finds AussieTreasureDigger

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prospector steve said:
:D I think I will try 1 of those coils, i like it.

I am very happy with the coil and i am one who will call crap if its needed,
but i do like the coil overall and i am happy with the purchase.

Went for a hunt to the Goldfields with "The Duck" last Saturday and found
this nice Queen Victoria bun head half penny in good nick.

7lhz.jpg

fqd1.jpg

found with CTX3030

cheers
Tony

Wow that's an oldie, and in decent condition too. Well done ATD.

Nugget

Nice , :) I found two in the same hole !! They where in a ditch near a old camp fire just below a ridge , I figured that's where the old timers slept

Its funny where the coins will turn up, i found one yesterday on top a hill where a homestead may have once stood. Its an early Victoria Farthing in very poor condition, i can just make out the head and the neck, its a 18381860, dont know that i will ever get the correct date off it but that will do for now.

It's always nice to find a coin that's 100 years old, but when you find a coin over 150 years in Australia, now that's good!

I was just talking to a mate on the weekend saying i like the Commonwealths as much as the earlier stuff, but the Roo Pennies do nothing for me, although i still dont mind finding them.

Victoria Goldfields finds 13 July 2013
The farthing ends up being?

I found a coin on the goldfields this last weekend and after much macro photography and lots of research i have uncovered a King George IV 1827-1830 Farthing. Found with an AT Pro using a NEL hunter coil, target showed up a solid 80.

wkac.jpg

As you saw when it came out of the ground, there wasnt much left of it, i originally thought that because of the neck it was an early vicky, turns out the be a later coin. :D

Going to be hard to beat that date :eek:

goldenhodge said:
Very nice finds pity the KG is in such poor condition.

Congrats on the age of the finds!

Thanks mate!!

I think if i have been sitting on a hill for some 186 years and in some of the worst nature can throw at me, i think i might be a bit worn as well :eek:

8 hours in a screaming gale, walked over 10k and for what?

If it wasn't for irresponsible dog owners who think its funny that their POS can bowl you over when you up to your shoulder in a hole, then let it crunch your detector then tell you its ok hes only playing? ::) Hows a sand scoop across its head and a reply i am only playing as well sound?

Other than this happening and others making a B Line to where i was digging (just leave me alone will ya) i was just happy in my own little detecting shell for most of the day. I must get back to the bush next weekend work permitting, no one to annoy me out there.

All in all it was still a good day, every detecting day is a good day, heres what i dug besides a semi load of crap.
mwwg.jpg

Not much in the way of nice stuff
g27o.jpg

Stinker sinker ;)
lxss.jpg

Ukraine 25 Kopiyok :eek:
emkg.jpg

End of the day
ktav.jpg

Latest posts