Detecting in an SA Goldfield with a Falcon MD20

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yesterday when out detecting came across a fellow detectorist with a machine that I had not come across B4 the coil was about 20mm the same diam as the plastic 1m shaft going up to the control box. The operator informed me it was a Falcon MD20, operated at 300Khz and could find very small specs of gold.

I showed him a hot rock that I had found with the 6000 and said I was going to crush in a dolly pot at home. He said his machine could determine if there was any gold in the rock.

He brought the rock to the coil end and it made sound but no sound when pulled away from the coil, and he confirmed it was just a hot rock with no sound on pull away ( or that's what I remember).

To me it could be a good but expensive pin pointer, except its more bulky that the standard PP.

I realise that some members on the forum may know about the Falcon, but others not.

From memory my fellow falcon operator had a beard also, it maybe an operator requirement.

I've seen one in action, there a good unit :Y: sure there pricey but what isn't in the search for gold :lol:

Just thinking ! wouldn't it be simpler to use a ML profinder than carrying around that falcon gadget ? I know the profinders range is about 50mm but I don't know how small a picker they detect, any idea someone ?
cheers Johno

Latest posts