⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
I was out in the GT over the weekend checking out some new areas to detect and came across Chuky Boy and his son Bailey (?) on Saturday, he already had over a gram so i left him to it and went down the track a bit. Despite the nice looking ground i only managed a few small specks. I moved in the early afternoon to another area and got the biggest piece in the photo. Went back there again today and got the rest. I'm not sure how Chuky ended up getting on, he was camping and i didn't see him out there today. He's on fire with the 5000 lately so i expect he'll post some finds down track. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4820/1454227888_img_3974.jpg
Great work Scrounger!

Lovin the color and boy do those alluvials look promising.... :)

Thanks too for the chuckle, had similar in the past myself (picks,harness, battery, sample bottle etc, not the detector though).

Well I am "on the board" for 2016, or am I?

1454637173_image.jpg

Went for a swing around Cresswick yesterday and this was all I found (other than the usual lead). I can't believe that Scrounger actually missed one, or did he throw it back. lmao

awesome mate, if you want a real weight you will need to throw a glass jar or like in the centre of your scales tear that then drop this in. i'm going to say 0.05 :)

Well done Bob, those littlies take as much walkng as the biggies, but at least you're registering. Now just get out there and find the other 999 mate :lol:

A find is a find. And where there is one there must be others.
Let's face it, perhaps other than Scrounger and others with SDC's, there is plenty of days we come with nothing; and it least you have been out.
I'm stuck in the office dreaming of my next hunt ...... may be tomorrow.
Cheers dignit

My daughter and I bring home a few interesting looking rocks for our garden from each trip. On unloading this one, she spotted a gold spec in the sunlight (very centre of quartz vein ~1cm from the top). Using the loupe showed other even smaller specs close by. Seems we are seeking in the right areas.

1454813484_gold_in_quartz.jpg

Looks better under a USB microscope, but didn't set off my 4500 nor my mate's 5k with a Sadie - so should probably be posted in alluvial?

1454813773_gold_in_quartz_vein-b.jpg

Nice spotting - great find as it must have shed off the mother load. :cool:

Nice little specs above and below as well, so could be peppered within. :p :p

BigWave said:
Thanks guys, but I haven't the heart to crush it, so it's adorning the floor of my daughters lizard cage.

I wouldn't either, but I would get my multimeter out to see if those bits of yellow are connected.

Latest posts