⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Oldfella,

There are several forum members that I want to meet this year and your right up there!

I am sure there would be a lot I could learn from you.

Cheers

RS

Thanks for the comments guys. These were found at a couple of regular spots that get a lot of attention from locals in the Central West, but the area keeps giving up the goods. Two of the nuggets were directly below power lines, but it didn't take too much to tame the 5000. Underground phone lines give me more trouble than over head power lines. :D

It was my first time out for over 3 months, was really having withdrawal symptoms :lol: There should be lots of smaller stuff left, I was only hunting for large and deep gold this time, didn't even put on the smaller discs. :D

Thanks Matt, GGT made a couple of small mistakes when they edited my story though :lol: That nugget cleaned up really nice, came in at exactly 3.5 ounces once I removed all the ironstone.

1423257155_on_top.jpg

This was a WA sunbaker 2 year ago
I heard the sound nice,lol
then when I went to dig, It was looking at me.
3 g,
But it sure shows indicators.

Thanks fellas, yeah was surprised how bright the piece is in the pic. Went exploring with Wally69, we gave it a good go. He has a weird bit of Iron conglomerate type stuff which gave a good signal, hopefully he has a nug to show also after he hits it with a hammer. :)