⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps some of the last gold found by me and my 4500.
W.A. 2014
1423880612_dsc_0190a.jpg

Reef sheddings
1423880643_dsc_0186a.jpg

99 bits
1423880679_img_4889a.jpg

At last, my first (and only) bit of gold with detector. Spent 5 days prospecting around Dunolly, and did my best to rid the land of lead pellets.
I think the little bit of gold just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Some of the lead shot came out of holes where colleague had pulled a small nugget with GPX5000. Goes to show how the SDC2300 will pick up the small stuff - gold came in at 0.1g and smallest pellet came in at 0.15g; all between 1/2 inch and 5 inches.

1425948278_goldfirst.jpg

BTW, there are 160 pellets in the photo.

Nice gold MDV....and good to see you cleaning up the bush at the same time :D

Congrats on your first find

Hi Wolfau, thought you'd gone walkabout there for a while ......
They were all found with the SDC, 'the turd' was down about 6" hard up against a tree, not sure a bigger coil would have gotten in there.
Cheers T.

My oh my, I do like the Aussie one,.... but the long one looks like something found at the bottom of the long drop that starts with T and ends in URD(ha),... is that where you were heading with that one Teemore, or am I on the wrong track completely(I've had a few run ins with some of them myself at times),... but they are all long gone into the past now, and life is oh so sweet when they just go and live their lives somewhere else.

Another 'up against a tree nugget' :cool: I think minelab may need to add a line in the advertising about its ability to find nuggets next to trees, seems to be a lot of people finding them there with their SDCs.

Wally69 said:
Another 'up against a tree nugget' :cool: I think minelab may need to add a line in the advertising about its ability to find nuggets next to trees, seems to be a lot of people finding them there with their SDCs.

I am also noticing this with some finds being made with the new GPZ7000.

Latest posts