⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find Bacchus. Jupiter creek is highly under rated IMO. Plenty of gold there for the SDC and keen operator.

1418631865_tdi_pro_oz_8x6_nf.jpg

1418631933_weight.jpg

1418631950_closeup.jpg

Took a bit to separate this little piece from the pile. Found with a TDI Pro swinging an 8x6 Sadie, gain at a fraction under 9 o'clock, threshold @ 11 o'clock, GB @ 8-9 and running low conductor (smooth threshold, low and slow :cool: ).

Ballarat region ;)

I like the zoning in on the photo,...perhaps one last one that fills the screen would be nice to see(I take close-up photos of coins or parts thereof with the camera through a loupe),...as by then we all know its real size anyway and nobody will mistake it for a 1 tonner,...lovely nugget though.

It is fairly porous and has a little Quartz inclusion that is a bit hard to make out in the photo. TDI did well (and my ears I guess!) to pick it up. Was probably around an inch down after I took the first scrape to get rid of the organic surface debris.

Nice nugget RS; add the 10 hrs I put in for zip = 1/20hrs, happy to see you got rewarded for your efforts.

I might need to go back one day as is is a nice area to get the leg muscles in good shape. I had better luck with the sapphires and they definitely let the legs rest between mountain climbing sessions. ;)

Any gold found with a detector in Nundle these days is a job well done. I have found reasonable gold panning there, but none by detector, but in all fairness, I had only done a couple of hours with my old Lobo and haven't been back since getting the 5000. May have to make a trip back there ;)

Thanks G0lddigg@,

Slow and steady. Digging heaps of rubbish but that's less rubbish that will be at any location when I go back. My pick scrapings are filled as well.

Learning more and more each time I go out. Would love to own a GPX5000 one day as well.

Would love to get down your way one day for SDC day out.

Cheers

Latest posts