⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys ;-) and yes oldfella found with the 5000 I was swinging with you ;-) although its running much better now, you really do know how to tune these babies in mate thanks heaps for all your help and very well done on the haul you've pulled out very impressive indeed but next time your hear well hit some freshies that I've found that I'm sure have never had even a VLF run over them .. lots of nuggies to come for all I hope ;-)

Mate looking forward to it :) We enjoyed your company and the immense local area knowledge that you shared with us, some of which changed what I thought about some of my old areas, (that we will have to hit next time as well).

Cheers

Found 3 nuggets so far, all from the same old bench, on the East Fork of the San Gabriel river (north of Los Angeles, California). I really enjoy the drive to get out to the bush that nugget hunting provides. Hiking along the river is quite peaceful, not to mention cooling off in it after a few hours of beeping on the sunny hillside!
The first two are a grammer and a quarter ounce (7.8g). The third is 3.1 grams.
1415504337_side_2_nuggets.jpg
1415504373_3rd_nugget.png

G'day SnJ, I have a cousin in Las Vegas that I am planning on visiting soon. Are there any goldfields within say 100 miles of the strip? What detector are you using there? Is Desert Outfitters good shop to buy your gear?
Nice gold mate. :)

Some seriously pretty pieces on this thread , congratulations and can't wait to
Join the club , just hope it's not too long

Cheers

Rick

Hi all here's a lil .26 of a gram of gulgong gold freshly dug directly under power lines right next to phone lines underground .. thanks oldfella for the advice on settings they work a treat .. off now for a night dig to get me some more
1075354_10202635193910590_833314058900951878_o.jpg

Awesome bunyip, I keep seeing good gold in all my samples then realize it's wishful thinking, I dream of finding a piece like that, well done.

1417068402_image.jpg

1417068402_image.jpg

G'day all. My First Gold !

After 12 hours of detecting over A few days at Jupiter Creek gold diggings finally today I got
my first piece of bling ! For the record I decided to work a boundary of the diggings with my SDC
directly under the power lines hoping to pick up a bit left over where the GPX's
may not have ventured , also found plenty of lead , a one cent piece ( pictured ) and a few old time
buckles , about 2 inches down , good solid signal on setting number 2 . The Chinese scales have not
arrived yet so I can not give a weight but feels like maybe .3 of a gram.

Thanks to all the advice on this forum .

Was very happy but sometimes things bring you back to Earth with a thud and a little piece
of gold means nothing !

RIP. Phillip Hughes. very sad day for sport and Australia

Wow Bacchus, that is an actual piece,...not tiny bits, so it's definitely a little nugget,...first of many.

Latest posts