⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some sweet color today, Only issue is no water in this creek and a hell of a climb out with some buckets. Took the trolley but its only as good as the bloke pulling it. haha
1401083221_gggg-optimized.jpg

Went for a dig with banksy over the weekend to a spot I found just before the anzac weekend.
Not quiet the same results as then but its still giving out some decent colour :)
Will be back to finish it off another day.
1401101779_img_2014052653709.jpg
1401101808_img_20140526580.jpg

gcause said:
Yeah I looked at making a blue bowl myself but after watching how long they take to process the material on YouTube I gave that away. You can process fine gold way quicker with just a pan and a snuffer bottle.
I cant say the same for myself. Im very slow at panning concentrates. However I would rather do it at the creek than cart a bucket full back up the creek with all my gear.

I got taught to pan for gold by Bruce Bertram at Warwick he has a quick panning method that was taught to him by a fellow who worked for one of the large mines panning their concentrates after they had been processed through the equipment to ensure nothing was missed. He had done thousands of pans and never lost any gold. Bruce is the fastest panner I have ever seen to date. He will do about three pans to my one. I have also been taught the traditional method by John Parsons son over at the Prophet mine at Gympie. I prefer Bruce's quick panning method over the traditional method but I am still learning and as they say practice makes perfect. :)

Latest posts