⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You lot are more observant than me, but yes it looks like the little one and the bigger on in the pan.

Now I have to get a new one with bigger gold, perhaps a nugget in a wheel barrow?

A_smiling_man_with_a_wheelbarrow_gold_100804-183655-778009.jpg

Nice find RS well done mate ! I'm still learning the different tones of my SDC and am too scared to walk
away from a signal , lots of digging , lots of rubbish between rewards .
Speaking of which , got my second little bit of gold yesterday with my SDC
this time from Old Echunga Chapel Hill diggings.
The two goldfields are about 3-4 klm's apart but of note was the difference in colour of
my two bits , the yellow bit from Jupiter Creek , the lighter one from Chapel Hill.

Also had my first snake encounter , a nice 2 metre Brownie straight across the coil , woke me up a bit !

1418808635_image.jpg

Almost 4 weeks since my last bit and about 100 hrs of flogging poor old Jupiter Creek I got lucky this morning.
Had been going for about 5 hrs and was almost on way back to the car when the SDC took pity on me
and gave up a signal . Thought it might make a gram or two when I saw it , then I realised it was about 50 percent rock.
Got his little brother about 2 feet away a bit smaller. Setting number 3 ,
1421301783_image.jpg
about 7 inches , feint signal

Just like the perfect approach shot into the 18 th after a crappy round of golf , I will now be back tomorrow :D

It could be the capping piece to that virgin reef you have been dreaming about.

I found getting out early with the SDC before the EMI builds up help to ID the feignt targets on known patches. Might be worth griding a 30x30 section first up in the morning.

Good luck.

Cheers Guys

Spot on Wally , I tend to get out as soon as it is light enough to see the mine shafts , interesting
that I could just make it out with the headphones but almost not on the external speaker.
At about 7 inches was happy with the depth , really love this machine.
Meeting a fellow forum member tomorrow if all goes well to grid the area , he has a Whites
so will be interesting , it is about 30 metres down slope from a major shaft area.

1421307819_image.jpg

By the way mate nothing in my dreams about capping or reef. ;)

Nice pick up LC76, that shows some poor skills by someone, their loss your gain.
Have had the same just once but the hole had been filled, thought bugger the P****k has put his crap back n the hole but was a small nugget (not as good as yours though !!).
Cheers T.

Yeah i almost didn't dig it after so many bullets but it sounded just ever so slightly mellower not as sharp as the other stuff,glad i decided to dig.
It made me do a little happy dance lol.

LC76 said:
After digging 17 birdshot 6 riffle bullets and a few nails plus a couple of rusty bits.
I got this from an unfilled hole i thought i would swing the SDC 2300 over.
It was right on the edge of the hole.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3698/1421307553_20150115_174034.jpg

Nice piece LC , something over a couple of grams , I can only dream , at least till I get over
your neck of the gold ridden woods.

This thread is almost becoming an SDC thread :lol:

Bacchus said:
Cheers Guys

Spot on Wally , I tend to get out as soon as it is light enough to see the mine shafts , interesting
that I could just make it out with the headphones but almost not on the external speaker.
At about 7 inches was happy with the depth , really love this machine.
Meeting a fellow forum member tomorrow if all goes well to grid the area , he has a Whites
so will be interesting , it is about 30 metres down slope from a major shaft area.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1421307819_image.jpg

By the way mate nothing in my dreams about capping or reef. ;)

LoL

You have got to be happy with picking that specie up at that depth, I still need to tune my ears in to those whisper targets, I have definitely made the decision to keep my headphones on at all times. Most of the subgramers I have picked up would still be in the ground as I don't think I would have heard them with just the speaker.

Don't forget to take a rake.

4 night stay in the NSW Central West. Really have to work for it but that's the name of the game I suppose.

Some alluvial from a days Walbanking as well.

Penny was an unexpected bonus, just goes to show, no one gets everything! This location had plenty of previous holes dug.

Almost paid for my diesel this time!

SDC2300, I am really getting the gist of this device.

1422166645_cam00534-optimized.jpg

1422166645_cam00539-optimized.jpg

1422166645_cam00541-optimized.jpg

Nec Stop Nundle.

Thanks T.

That's the goal now, make them nuggets bigger and I m dead keen on jagging a quartz/gold specimen.

RS

Good stuff RS, they will make a nice little rattle in a bottle

you will have to join us at Hill End sometime to chase that specie.

Thanks gents,

Wally,

I am keen again for Hill End and Sofala now that I have a bit of an idea of what to look for and how to use the SDC. PM me anytime and I will check roster to see if I can make it.

Heatho,

I have another week off and have a leave pass for a few more days. PM me if you have a location in mind.

Cheers

RS