Will Australia become a state of America?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our media at times focusses more on happenings in the US, present time we are being bombarded with Black Friday deals. (American Thanksgiving)
Why can't we be proud Australians and support our cause?
With the push for Australia becoming a Republic, will we become just another State of America?

(Easy to realise for one reason and another, there has not been any prospecting in this camp in 2020.) :p

My mate Frank [ RIP] would turn in his grave if Australia became a republic . He spent all the war years fighting in PNG and lost his brother there . A republic might come but still too many people remember the losses paid to the commonwealth .

Australia will never , ever be a state of USA .

Mike678 said:
My mate Frank [ RIP] would turn in his grave if Australia became a republic . He spent all the war years fighting in PNG and lost his brother there . A republic might come but still too many people remember the losses paid to the commonwealth .

Australia will never , ever be a state of USA .

?

They have a penetrative influence into Canberra already.

could say more but i dont want vexatious attentions directed toward my general vicinity . they carry grudges :cool:

Have had for more than half a century....

But over my dead body....USA or China. I don;t think being a Republic is the issue, it is the powers given to any President. Better more a figurehead elected by both major parties..Not a USA style.

BigWave said:
If Charles becomes King, then maybe I'll vote for becoming a Republic.
I guess he would be fairly benign, quietly chatting to his flowers. But representing us?
I think the reason we have not changed is the professionalism of his mother. I don't favour royalty, but I have been impressed by the way she does her job most of the time. We have a bit of a national "if its not broken....") attitude as a result. I agree Charles might shake us out of that.

But if we do it, let's do it carefully....

A question, who believes that Australia will be in WW 111 by the end of 2030? Next question whom do you think the aggressor will be? How many Australian Service Personnel do we have? Why does China have Airfields in WA? Why has China purchased strategic properties in Nth. Qld WA and NT?
Well , I for one am questioning the future sale of the cattle properties in NT, possibly to China.
For my money, whom else are we going to rely on for help?
Indonesia , we give them our aircraft, train there army and airforce and its the largest Muslim country in the world as against our , somewhat , these days, Christian community.
Well , I wont be around for the big fireworks display, but I dont want my grandkids and great grandkids to have to suffer.
I have always had a problem trying to understand why some countries want to control the world, for what benefit?
If we all respected each others cultures, colour, religious beliefs, thoughts and ideas for progression rather than regressive, wow, what a world we would have.
Admin delete at your leisure.
God Bless
Mackka

Mackka said:
A question, who believes that Australia will be in WW 111 by the end of 2030? Next question whom do you think the aggressor will be? How many Australian Service Personnel do we have? Why does China have Airfields in WA? Why has China purchased strategic properties in Nth. Qld WA and NT?
Well , I for one am questioning the future sale of the cattle properties in NT, possibly to China.
For my money, whom else are we going to rely on for help?
Indonesia , we give them our aircraft, train there army and airforce and its the largest Muslim country in the world as against our , somewhat , these days, Christian community.
Well , I wont be around for the big fireworks display, but I dont want my grandkids and great grandkids to have to suffer.
I have always had a problem trying to understand why some countries want to control the world, for what benefit?
If we all respected each others cultures, colour, religious beliefs, thoughts and ideas for progression rather than regressive, wow, what a world we would have.
Admin delete at your leisure.
God Bless
Mackka

We can argue the short term cycles ( decades ) but Dominant Empires come and go over many hundreds of years.

The bigger picture is to entertain the possibility that humans can evolve to the point where aggression is not a primary response to greed.

A time where leaders can sit down and resolve differences for the highest good of all concerned without throwing suffering out the barrel of a gun.

We can fly to the moon , we can edit DNA to cure disease , but we didnt yet learn to engage in peaceful conversation ?

Could add respect borders to that too Mackka .

I wouldn't want anyone to be able to scrap constitutional law and the constitution... well... it'd be downright unconstitutional.... and suffer well all those that would try !

Charles, king of Australia, well that may not be too far off. :lol: :lol: hope Howard and former GG ass lickers live to grovel at his feet. :argh:

Don't want to hijack the thread.
But what about New Zealand becoming the seventh state of Australia ?

Or Australia becoming the other six states of New Zealand.... could backfire on ya :eek:

Rights to freedoms held zipped away because those that will couldn't care more.

staples61 said:
Don't want to hijack the thread.
But what about New Zealand becoming the seventh state of Australia ?

nah . they talk funny

Reality is there is mutual benefits for both countries and while a superpower has tried to create disharmony between us both (divide & Conquer) i am sure it will smooth over once the All Blacks share some taro and pippies to bulk up our boys.

At one time the Kiwi's were coming to Australia at such a rate , that there would nobody left in NZ. The last one was asked to put out the lights ! :D :D :D

Latest posts