Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mbasko you should ring the store in mitcham and ask
Them about the test and see the answer you get.

Iv found With the TDI pro that switched into Low is a must in hot mineralised ground' cuts out all those hot pockets.
Yeah I'm probably missing larger gold but if I'm finding something worth while I'd be back with a bigger coil.

The SDC looks good but it will be like all other PI detectors "good at some things" I'm sure a 5000 with a fine tooth comb (8" mono)
Wouldn't be leaving much for the SDC owners, that extra $10 nugget the SDC will find doesn't show me value for money.

Not going to spend 4k on a new machine where
The coil can not be changed. Thats just me though.

If i want to buy the 2300 that will be in 6-12 months
Time from the USA second hand with a huge saving.

I'm tempted to sell the 3500 and buy a whites spp.

I like the simplicity of the spp and for gold detecting
My theory is all targets need to be dug.

The detech 8" mono i own i think will be a dynamite
Combo with the spp on small shallow and deep gold.

Would be cool if someone could post some youtube
Videos though of one in action.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Iv found With the TDI pro that switched into Low is a must in hot mineralised ground' cuts out those hot pockets.
Yeah I'm probably missing larger gold but if I'm finding something worth while I'd be back with a bigger coil.

The SDC looks good but it will be like all other PI detectors "good at some things" I'm sure a 5000 with a fine tooth comb (8" mono)
Wouldn't be leaving much for the SDC owners, that extra $10 nugget the SDC will find doesn't show me value for money.

Thanks Zuke - I reckon the TDI would be the way to go over a SPP but the SPP is certainly worth considering. How does the TDI go depth wise with say a 16" coil on & how does it run the in the same ground switched to high conductivity noise wise with a bigger coil?

I know for a fact the SDC is picking up gold left behind by GPX's even with a smaller coil + everything else that's been over some areas.
One former forum member got over an ounce off old patches in the first week with the SDC2300 - that is noteworthy & shows some value to me.

Hi all :)
new to the forum, with the spp can anyone tell me how long do the rechargaible batteries last, can you get a full day out of them.
With the batteries how long do they take to charges and has anyone used a invertor to charge them out in the field thanks john

About 4 hours. Get 8 2500mAh NiMh batteries and use them in non rechargable battery holder. Don't bother with Alkaline batteries, they last about 1.5 hours and are very expensive in long run. I would not trust modified square wave invertor, sine wave invertor should be OK. Just remember that you can easily run your car battery flats by using invertor.
Karl

Just read all 8 pages, from what I'm hearing its sounds like a beast, Still waiting on mine.. ETA 16th of Aug :(

Thanks Karl I have a AUX battery any idea on what size sine wave invertor I will need, I have not had much to do with them.Have you had any luck detecting gold yet if not just keep at it regards john

No gold yet, but I have done only three day trips with SPP. I have a look on White's supplied battery charger, it got max. output 24 W. So 50 W invertor would be OK. Although I don't know if you can buy such small sine wave invertor.
Karl

Hi. All. I'm new to the forum, so g'day to everyone. I just purchased a new SPP Saturday from Goldsearch. I did have a TDI PRO a fair while ago and found it a very interesting and different machine. I have noticed some discussion re fitting a conductivity switch to the new spp. Has anyone figured out how to do this yet??? It would be very useful because without it the discrim thing that the TDI has is not really possible. I think most of us would have a go at this if it's do-able. Would of course probably void your warranty, but personally I think it would be worth it. Not hard to do a little soldering and fitting a pot if someone had a map to follow. Regards to all.....Ronnie. :)

For anyone looking to buy an SPP, I've just got off the phone to Peter from Gold Search Australia and they have 1 unit in stock (from Fridays shipment) as a customer pulled out. Better get in fast, and don't forget to tell them Nugget sent you :D

Sorry Ronnie, hopefully one of the more technical minded members will be able to assist with your question, I'm terrible with a soldering iron.

Ronnie the switch doesn't look real hard to add but the SPP and TDI pro aren't exactly the same I will be looking into adding the switch in the future but because it will void your warranty il give the SPP a good work out to make sure it's problem free first.
It won't be as easy as a little soldering it will require someone with a bit of experience.

Hi. Zuke. If you can do that I'm sure you will be deservedly raised to HERO status. I'm actually very good with my hands. If I knew the procedure I'd happily have a go at it. I'm used to doing fine and delicate work. I also have a CNC machine so I could make a nice little self adhesive text label to affix to the spp so it looks nice and professional. Could make a few extra for others while I'm at it if they would like to do the same to their machines. I notice there is not much room for the switch though. Looks like the only clear space is below the speaker. :)

I wanted to upgrade the coil to a 14X9 NF (paying the difference) but they said they are stuck with too many 12" monos. Which coil would you recommend I prospect mainly around the GT. I will have to accept the 12" mono but am worried from all reports that it may miss out on the small stuff.

Zuke~ I saw the vid on youtube where the dealer states that there are modification that can be done to this unit so that it will discriminate iron etc.

I cannot find any information about the mod online.

I am pretty keen to complete the mod and am happy to use my SPP as a test unit. I have a mate who is a TV repair man so he is a competent electronics technician

Homebrewer said:
I wanted to upgrade the coil to a 14X9 NF (paying the difference) but they said they are stuck with too many 12" monos. Which coil would you recommend I prospect mainly around the GT. I will have to accept the 12" mono but am worried from all reports that it may miss out on the small stuff.

Understandable, when I ordered the TDI Pro I was able to swap out the bonus 10x5 Coiltek coil which was out of stock anyway and just pay the difference. Based on my own research and feedback from other members I ended up getting a Nugget Finder 6x8 Sadie Advantage, I'm hearing it's killer on the small stuff even at depth, so I'm looking forward to trying it out myself.

Latest posts