Whites TDI SL and choice of Detech coils?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I don't know if this question has already been asked.
I have a White TDI SL and I would like to know if the DETECH 15" DD Ultra search coil is compatible with the white.
I don't go to the beach any more, I'm in the forest a lot for small silver coins.
I am also looking at the DETECH 8″ Monoloop, DETECH 11' x 6" Monoloop and DETECH 14" Monoloop search reels.

Would they be a good choice?

Thank you for your advice.

I wish everyone a happy new year.

I have the Detech 8" mono and the 11 x 6 mono. For weight and balance I recommend the 8" mono. For small targets I also recommend the 8" mono over the larger coils. White's 7.5 mono, Razorback/Miner John 10 x 6 mono etc are all good performers and balance well with the Tdi Sl. I wouldn't go larger or heavier than the 11 x 6. All the best.

Attachments

• 1489063233_smallgold.thumb.jpg.406e27b5ba2efb61a1bd740e24a36096.jpg
    1489063233_smallgold.thumb.jpg.406e27b5ba2efb61a1bd740e24a36096.jpg
    467.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello,
Thank you very much for your reply.
I am going to order the Detech 11x6 and 8 inch search coil.
I can't find in France the White's 7.5 mono , Razorback .
Thanks again for your reply.

Both good coils, if you want to save a money I'd just go for the 8" mono. All the best.

Attachments

• detech 8.jpg
    detech 8.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 0
  • detech 11.jpg
    detech 11.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 1
or set the target conductivity button for silver coins with this coil to a Low or High level or All?
I'm sorry, I'm using a translator.

Salut zanoid,

In principle high purity silver should be high conductivity and using High Cond mode will allow you to reject a lot of iron rubbish BUT debased coins might not be high conductors.

So test some of your target coins with the Conductivity switch in High and then again in Low.

It will be pretty clear if you can use only one mode or need to use 2 modes / All

You may still get a short response when in the less ideal mode if the target is very close to the coil.

When I hunt for gold I bring a 'test' nugget with me so that I can set the machine for the location that I am hunting. For example if I know it is a small gold area then conductivity will be set to Low in hot ground. Larger gold requires me to set conductivity to All because of the ground conditions and balance setting.
The answer is to bring a 'test target, a small silver coin perhaps, and test the machine to determine what the best settings are for the ground conditions and targets. I spend two hours driving to my hunting grounds, ten minutes to set up the machine with the test nugget is time well spent. Because targets are variable, ground conditions are variable there are limits but again it is time well spent. Target size, ground conditions and coil size all play a part.
Bring a silver coin with you as a test target, set the machine up for your conditions and you will have your answer. All the best.

Merci et thank you to XLOOX and Karelian65 for your help.
You helped me a lot with my future purchase.
I was on my way to buy DETECH 14" Monoloop,...I hadn't seen the 2 kg weight...My right shoulder was tired.
Many good things in your discoveries.

A good strategy with the TDI models when you are using All mode is that if you walk over a patch with lots of small iron/lead junk you then walk around it identifying its boundaries, but not digging targets, then switch to High mode, go back over that area and pick up all the nice high conductivity targets that everyone else has missed because they walked away (PI users) or targets were masked by nearby iron (VLF users).

When you have finished the trashy patch, switch back to All and carry on.

Hello ,
Thank you for your invaluable help.

I read a post written for a modification for battery change.
If I understand correctly I can run the WHITE TDI SL with 4 Rechargeable Battery 18650 NCR18650B Li-ion 3.7V 3400mAh 6.7A by simply making the modification in the battery door?

https://www.nkon.nl/fr/panasonic-ncr18650b-made-in-japan.html

If so, do I also need a charger, or can the original White charger do the job?
Thanks for your time.

The batteries must not be charged above a voltage of 4.2 volts, otherwise there is a risk of fire and explosion. It is advantageous to charge the batteries only up to approx. 4.1 volts, as this significantly increases the service life or the number of charging cycles (possibly up to double).

Use a 4.2V charger to charge your 3.7V lithium ion battery that does not have a protection circuit board. The maximum safe voltage a 3.7V Li-ion battery can hold is 4.2V.

Latest posts