Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks interesting, and very affordable, but seems to be a simplified version of the tdi. Though I'd hate to see the markup on it if sold in Oz.

Looks to be the equivalent model for the GMT, which is the Sierra Gold Trac, just a more budget minded version with simplified controls for easy startup and use. They seem to direct the detector towards beach and treasure hunting vs a gold machine, but then go on to state the preset timings are suited to gold nugget hunting. There has to be a compromise there with depth vs fine gold, but at that price, it might be something you can live with. :)

Steve Herschbach's thoughts on this detector linked below. I guess the best thing going for this detector is its weight, and the fact that there is nothing on the current market for it to compete against. It would make great option over buying someones old SD series detector, with a current warranty and availability of parts. Considering pulse induction detectors have been on the market for a long time now, you would expect prices for the technology to drop eventually, especially with detectors like this undercutting anything else on the market. It may be no gpx5000, but should we really be paying $6000+ for a pi detector these days? :)

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/413303-white-s-super-pulse-pro.html

Looks like a good entry level pulse machine. Probably be about $1200 or so in Australia I guess?

Goldpick said:
It may be no gpx5000, but should we really be paying $6000+ for a pi detector these days? :)

Spot on Goldpick ! the GPX5000 has been out for years & is still around $7K with a few coils , this simple basic new PI detector is going to sell well at that price :D

Apparently it is more sensitive to small gold than the dual field coil that comes standard on the US series TDI. Whether it can handle oz mineralisation is another matter, hence why the Tdi was given volume, ground balance and sensitivity ity upgrades for Oz. Some say it was simply a sticker and coil upgrade that made up the differences, but I have read different.

Only difference for Tdi oz was the Oz sticker on the pro model. The dual field coils aren't great in the hot ground so mono for Australian sales.

And that came direct from the guys that developed the original Tdi into the pro model for Australian use. It's the coarse/fine GB control that did it

Ahh, I keep getting confused between the SL a d Pro series with the upgraded coarse/fine ground balance control. Don't you just hate marketing, especially when it consists of nothing more than a bloody sticker and coil. Just read that thread on people purchasing the oz series having to get the sticker fitted retrospectively, purely for oz warranty reasons. :rolleyes:

Got this email back.
Gold Search Australia said:
Yes it will be released here in Australia around mid to late May 2014, price has not yet been finalised.

I am currently writing up the flyers and information broachers.

Anyone want an as new SST. Might sell it & get one of these? :p

Mbasko
Just last time I asked you about the SST and now I'll be asking you about this new one you want....... Gee, did you at least have some fun with the SST mate?

:lol: bit tongue in cheek at the moment Uncle Bob although when I got the SST I was also looking at PI machines & seriously considered an infinium but the $1700 or so price tag steered me back towards VLF's & the SST in the end.
Only really used it once yet to give it a bit of a test out at Hill End. It ran pretty good although I did, as expected, have to dumb down the gain to stop it picking up every hot rock around. In the right area on a Goldfield I.e site with possible/known coins & relics it would be a great little machine to have some fun with in amongst the other junk.
A cheap PI machine for some coin & relic hunting + as a backup is still something to think about though. Be interested in the high/low tones for different conductivity & how easy it is to discriminate out junk targets with though. Might stick with the SST for awhile yet - like having the "Whites iron grunt" & a visual display so you can decide whether to dig or not. Don't know if any PI has really mastered discrimination yet?

I've known about this model for a while now good to see its release soon' would make a great detector to pair up with the GMT, and same weight!
It's called the GMT super pulse' overseas but little info on that as well.

Hi all,
Just purchased the new Whites SPP detector from the supplier in Donolly :) . The detector sets up easy, ground balances well, and is light to use. So far I have only found old rust and wire :( , but the detector seems to pick up targets well. Will post more about the detector when it's had some use.

Regards

Jeff

Excellent Jeff I've not long bought the tdi pro would be great to meet up and have a look about!
I'll just get this new born settled in the next few months and try to meet up if ya want?

Hi, Zuke_Lynzy,

That sounds good, I will be in the Donolly area in August for a few weeks if that suits, other than that I will be in the Myrtleford area

Regards

Jeff

Yep riteo I'll keep it in mind I can get to myrtleford,reef hills & MT pilot area I go to yackandandah a lot as I have family there I'll sing out when I get a weekend.
Cheers Luke

turps123 said:
Hi all,
Just purchased the new Whites SPP detector from the supplier in Donolly :) . The detector sets up easy, ground balances well, and is light to use. So far I have only found old rust and wire :( , but the detector seems to pick up targets well. Will post more about the detector when it's had some use.

Regards

Jeff

Hi Turps ,

Got a mate who wants a SPP , can you say who is selling them at Donolly & how much they are please ? :)

Cheers
Outback .