Whites GMT added to arsenal!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldpick

Chris Johnson
Reaction score
After much procrastination, I've purchase a GMT from the states at around the $500us mark, inluding headphones, original paperwork and a Whites Bullseye 2 pinpointer. Having previous experience on the GM2 and GM3, I am very eager to give this a run locally in some of the less mineralised areas, and around the actual diggings. As much as I love PI detectors, I also love the challenge of using these high frequency VLF detectors looking for small gold, so am really looking forward to receiving it.

On another note, I have also bought a Teknetics G2 for the missus on general all-round detecting duties, looking for coins, beach work, and the odd bit of prospecting. I understand that the gold bugs have trouble ground balacing in some of the more mineralised areas in Vic & WA, but should be fine in select areas. The main reason for buying the G2 was for its excellent recovery speeds, ability to pick out targets in iron infested areas, the ability to ground balance all the way to salt, and especially its light weight for the missus. :)

1406825134__57-7.jpg

Well done on the new arrivals. I will be looking forward to reading your reports.

Hope you see a good and quick return on your investments.

Oh and where did you find the sun to take that photo? :)

Cliff

Nice buy' hey iv never tried but they reckon you can run it on the beach if you select manual GB and put it all the way back to neg.
Excellent machine' iv found a lot with mine even in high mineralisation.

Good purchase, very effective VLF machine, i started detecting with the VLF, found my first gold with it too..

Congrats on the GMT

Just sold my near new g2 for $650 to cover the expense
Of the new machine I have coming. I only lost maybe
$70 on it because i played my cards right.

Its a good machine in iron.

It took just under 3 weeks to sell though as the vlf market
In aus is slow unless your giving something away.

Its big brother the f19 will be awesome because it has an
Iron volume control.

I have a 5" nel coil and sharp shooter coming up for sale
Though.

The gmt will still pick up tiny gold other machines will
Miss i think.

The gmt is awesome and mine arrived from the states
A month back and paid $550 inc delivery though anyone
Buying one get the serial checked. If you contact jimmy
Sierra via his website he will help. Older models don't
Appear on the database.

You gotta be smart how you buy a vlf because you could
Lose $250 very easy from new price.

Well done and i think your going to be very impressed with
My new purchase... :D :D :D

I paid about $380us for the G2 in nearly unused condition with all paperwork and original box, the gmt has a few scratches on the stand from use, otherwise it is in excellent condition. I've seen quite a few Whites V3i up for sale recently, I think most people find its endless number of settings a bit of a handful, but a more seasoned prospector should find that useful for customising their particular setup for whatever detecting they intend to do. Looking forward to your thoughts on it. :)

The GMT arrived today, checked it over and all is working as it should. Some general wear from use, but otherwise it is in excellent condition, I must say that I thought it would be a lot heavier after using the GM3, but it is actually very lightweight. The autotracking is extremely quick to balance, am also loving the ground grab feature as well. I should have kept my small shooter coil from the GM3, may have to search around to see if I can grab one second hand.

Also has the Bullseye 2 pinpointer included which also works fine, it's a lot larger than I thought seeing it in the flesh, almost seems antiquated compared to other current pinpointers.

Looking forward to giving it a burl in the field. :)

1407233151_img_20140805_134521.jpg

1407233173_img_20140805_134657.jpg

Just listed a shooter coil on eBay I would have offered it to you if I looked here first.

Looks like a good buy Goldpick. I still have my GMT, keep us posted on how you go with yours Goldpick. I just got to get out with it more and learn how she ticks. :)

Hi Godpick,

I already have 2 GM V / sat excellent detector
I can pick up even the minuscule gold nugget
Good luck!!!

Congrats on your new machine, your going to love that beast, I had one and sold it, BIG mistake, my New one is on its way, cant wait,

Good Luck

Yes, I was really disappointed to sell my GM3 due to financial reasons, they are pretty hard to come by. At Ieast I have now ended up with an even better detector as a result, just need to drag myself away from my beach/park detecting to try and find something. (Lead shot, here I come!). :D

Always had a soft spot for the whites vlf gold detectors, must be something to do with the simplicity and ruggedness of the design and interface or something. I remember wanting one looking through the gold gem & treasure mags from the late 80's/ early nineties, but ended up with a second hand xt17000 instead. :)

Hello everyone,
Gm v / Sat, Gm II, III gm detectors are Excellent and the best is the great battery saver :)

Latest posts