12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the guys on Patreon drove some distance to check on him, and he is fine just been to busy to log in , even for his paying customers lol

not impressed

ProspectorPete said:
I too am worried about MG's absence, as a Patreon member of his it is out of character and I sent an email 7 days ago with now reply, last post he did he said he was heading back out to chase a line of conglomerate running under old timers overburden, that was 3 weeks ago and was only going to take him a couple of days.
I'm not concerned about money or anything else but the welfare of a fellow prospector who has been more than happy to help others understand the hobby better and increase our chances of success, for him to have not made any contact in 3 weeks is really worrying and I just hope all is ok but can't help but feel he's not ok :(

On 25th April, one of your fellow members posted on the Patreon website, "The last post from [MG] said something about a death in the family."

On 30th April, another member posted, "I went to visit [MG] to see if he was OK he is :Y: Just flat out at work & having issues with his internet he will be back shortly".

Concerns about MG perhaps having an accident in the bush seem misplaced to me - if I was a subscriber I'd be more concerned about the variety of excuses offered (as underlined in the above quotations). :rolleyes:

Sounds like some of the members here have been taken for a ride.
Sorry to see this happen.

diggin4gold said:
not for a ride info so far has been good but certainly feel a bit let down ,as for the death in the family I have had a few over the years but nothing to put me off the map for weeks on end and he has been on since the death in the family .

He wasn't too busy to write a story on his transition to a 4500 and his "honey Hole" [see story on page 22 of this months GG&T mag]
It was signed as Tim Scott.

diggin4gold said:

No one got taken for a ride I was a member of MGs pay site but circumstances have changed for myself and no other reason I got good info from MG and thought the site was and is worth while and no one is forcing anyone to sign up and also you can leave the MG site anytime you wish .

Redfin said:
He wasn't too busy to write a story on his transition to a 4500 and his "honey Hole" [see story on page 22 of this months GG&T mag]
If you look back through this thread you will see that was shown on here about 2 months age

Redfin said:

I wouldn't doubt a bloke that has provided so much information of his own bat for nothing , I don't know what the paid site consisted of , nor do I care . The umpteen emails I traded with mine lab gold were extremely beneficial and helpful. FOR FREE. So something must of happened as the portrayal I got was he was as straight as a dye. I wouldn't ruin a super informative thread by running him down . My 2 cents .

Pirate pete said:
diggin4gold said:

No one got taken for a ride I was a member of MGs pay site but circumstances have changed for myself and no other reason I got good info from MG and thought the site was and is worth while and no one is forcing anyone to sign up and also you can leave the MG site anytime you wish .

Pirate Pete :Y: :Y:
Cant agree more with your comment :D

I was taken for NO ride :mad: , quite the opposite actually!! :lol:
I was a paid member also, but due to "life" circumstances I too had to cancel my membership 8.( for the meantime anyway!! ]:D
When I get myself sorted I will definitely be joining again. :party:

MG provided huge amounts of info, extremely well explained and presented and not to mention the exclusive content he sent to higher tier level members. :eek: ;) :D :Y:
He also has so much still in the works that he had planned to present and share. :rainbow:

I don't know where MG is or what he is doing but I do know he is an honest, open and fair bloke who wouldn't look at taking anyone for a ride!!!!

I for one am eagerly awaiting his return :D :Y: :lol: ]:D :party: :rainbow:

Yep, some people are quick to shoot down someone for going quiet for a few weeks without knowing the full story.

MG would be one of maybe 2 or 3 guys (Loamer and WalnLiz are the only 2 that come to mind ATM) in the history of this forum to freely give so much great FREE information to help others to understand and further their prospecting knowledge (posts and video's) and there wouldn't be many members here that don't eagerly await the next post or video.

To freely give such great info comes at a cost, emails, PM's, and more expectation to keep the hungry satisfied, sometimes that pressure can cause people to 'overload' and all become too much, look at why Loamer and WalnLiz don't frequent the forum anymore, do we start to expect too much from them sometimes with messages, emails and PM's as we all want to learn as much as we can?

I think MG's Patreon page for people willing to pay a small fee (various levels) for more privileged information is a fantastic idea, why not do it?
It's a great way to hopefully gain more knowledge quickly than you'll ever get learning on your own or find elsewhere for free, people pay big dollars for tag along field trips and think it's fantastic, how much info do they take away and retain and can look back on anytime they want?

Just saying that it seems very easy to shoot people down when they all of a sudden don't meet our expectations that we have come to expect.

Hope Tim is ok and just needing a break, I sincerely hope we (PA and Patreon) don't loose him to pressure and negative comments from those who are quick to turn on people.

Pete.

I think people should step back a bit from this thread and give MG a chance. I really don't want people talking about any personal stuff on the open forum. I'm sure MG will come back when time allows or he is ready.

As I said before in my other post, if you have a problem with content on his site please sort it out there. As MG is still a member on this forum please afford him due respect. This forum is not against his other page it's just that it is not part of this forum and won't be actively promoted here.

Seeing is believing what's written and shown.
And seeing what's written between the lines is understanding where all this has led to.

diggin4gold said:
Seeing is believing what's written and shown.
And seeing what's written between the lines is understanding where all this has led to.
?????????????? ok i am not the sharpest knife in the draw but what do you mean ?????????

There is always two sides to a story.
Until we hear both sides proper and to save the integrity of all parties.
Sorry, I do not wish to see a degradation transpiring here.
To Minelab Gold.
PM a Mod and we will happily unlock your thread.

On behalf of the Mod Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts