12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravity said:
Well done MG, have a funny feeling that sardine eating digger may well have dropped that little nugget from his pocket , wouldn't he be pissed off :-(

Anyway good to see you in the field , Laz and I have 3 days booked in Castelmain over Easter with the family so will be doing the rounds.

Cheers and Stay safe mate.

Thanks Gravity,

that is fantastic mate, hope all goes well and be sure to pass on my regards to Laz.

I was assuming it was sardine can, for all I know It may well have been his special little tin to keep his pipe smoking stuff in, lol. Maybe it was something different and thats why he dropped that nugget hah.

Ah good times.

Same to you buddy, be safe and well. Happy Hunting over Easter for you.

Hi Guys,

Hit the fields today in our lovely Victorian Weather.

Was great out had some really excellent targets and the rust you should have seen some of those pieces. I think one was broken off a reef but had trouble tracing the primary source, all good I noted it down for next time.

Other than that nice shallow targets, some deep ones to get the blood pumping.

And guess what a large rusty 1" steel rusty water pipe about 2 feet long sitting on the surface, moved that out the way and hit 3 junky targets, around this area 3 detector operator holes, right next to one hole a target. And not too far from it another mild response. Another junk deterrent area proves results

Was a great few hours out, just need to get the Vid up and done for you all to see.

Regards MG

Hi Leroy,

Just seen your message notification in my personal email mate. Yeah been super busy mate and that venture was meant to happen this weekend but unfortunately as you all know our wonderful weather gods flicked the switch on Victoria.

Was so looking forward to it - but as mentioned it will be exciting and looking forward to getting out there mate.

I havent been out much of late in the fields. So yeah cant even find any old footage to post up.

I did go out today from 9:00am till 4:00pm but that was for a day session with assisting another operator. His GPZ7000 is quite the thing, area's where I have found gold this thing smashed the bird shot at 6 inches. Very impressed, and his technique, style, strategy, determination, ground coverage, consistency, distinguishing sounds nothing could be faulted. Just need to find him some nice windows and he will be on his way to great success.

But yeah no need to worry mate, just didnt want to flood the thread each day with, nothing today didnt go out, nothing today didnt go out ;)

I will be keeping my eye on the weather and all goes to plan this weekend coming and that is definitely 110% going to happen.

Cheers MG

Thanks Mooandroo,

Hopefully you get some good info and inspiration from the thread.

I was meant to head out this weekend for a venture I am doing, unfortunately had some things arise through the week, plus easter. So I needed to push it to next weekend.

Went out on Saturday though with a member for his one on one day session and he found a nice little nugget.

I pretty much havent been out for just on 2 weeks now. Just too much on, but next weekend is now locked in for something exciting. Touch wood the weather doesnt let me down.

Regards MG

Hi minelab gold.
I see that you have got everyones attention first before starting your money making moves. Everyone likes to make money from their hobbies and you have shown this in an amazing fashion.
Good one! :Y:
PS compliments to you.

Hi MG ,
Laz & I got washed out in Castlemaine , of the 3 days we had planned we only got one day in with really unforgiving tracks and big gullys, hard to find a place to park of the side of the tracks so in the end spent half a day driving around looking and then maybe 3hrs detecting. Definitely think the area is worth a better look but need to be more prepared by parking the car and taking the challenge and walk for a few hours to get to some interesting gullys
Anyway back to Bevs on the 6th so can go any direction from thereWould love you to come along if you can beers on me :))

Cheers Gravity

I hope MG is doing ok, he's up to something different. He said and i quote" Just need to make sure I pack my elbow grease and determination in my bag. Actually thinking of that I might need a few bags just to be safe.
If i had to take a guess, i reckon his detecting in disused mines. He hasn't been on PA for a while now, i'm just keen to see what he's up to.
Anyone one heard from him??

Hey SC75 think he might be concentrating on his commercial endeavours ..... been out of circulation after writing off my car but had previously seen him posting heaps and offering some obviously good advise, since returning I see he has a 'commercial' site with additional information available on subscription.
Great idea but I haven't a clue who 'Minelab Gold' actually is .... have to applaud his previous info, Almost as good as Loamers' info used to be.

Happy hunting, Tom

Teemore said:
Hey SC75 think he might be concentrating on his commercial endeavours ..... been out of circulation after writing off my car but had previously seen him posting heaps and offering some obviously good advise, since returning I see he has a 'commercial' site with additional information available on subscription.
Great idea but I haven't a clue who 'Minelab Gold' actually is .... have to applaud his previous info, Almost as good as Loamers' info used to be.
Happy hunting, Tom

Apparently he hasn't posted there since 17th April - some subscribers are getting restless.

grubstake said:
Apparently he hasn't posted there since 17th April - some subscribers are getting restless.

Ooops ...... I thought it was just here that his absence was being referred to ...... only looked at the site/offerings once, not taking too much notice BUT ..... some of the subscription rates were pretty hefty, I'd be getting restless/nervous as well.

Sure it will work out, the original info seemed spot on/informative and I believe a few members actually went on training days with him ...... whoever he is.

Cheers T.

I dont know what is going on with him i was subscribed last month but he has failed to supply any new thing for 2 weeks so I have unsubscribed from his pages

I think that if the knowledge given so far cannot be illicited from these posts one must surley follow again from the beginning to the end so far. I can just imagine how taxing it would be to portray everything in such a way as has been done by MG, and that to continuously do so for our merriment alone could be to push oneself past a certain limit beyond mere human ability. I say three cheers to MG for what has been conveyed to date, for it surely has set anew our minds on wondering paths that without all this fastidiousness on understanding would surely have just been an unlit stammer in the unenlightened dark, without not having undertaken the pains individually ourselves.
HURRAH HURRAH HURRAH !
:Y: :D :Y:

Hi guys, MG has been a really good resource both on the forum and off. Not sure what has happened but I would not jump to conclusions. We all know work and personal life tends to get in the way. Never met the guy but he has been very sharing and patient teaching many of us our craft. I for one hope he is well and back on the forum when he is ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.