Whites detectors compared to others.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im new to this but just love it went n bought 11 seater troopy to take my kids n am planning to go to the pilbara as worked there for a few years so i am serious but not wanting to pay $$$ for the same thing as a cheaper model golds the game for me n to have fun !! I dont care bout name brands either except for 4wd
:lol:

YIPPEKAIAY said:
Im new to this but just love it went n bought 11 seater troopy to take my kids n am planning to go to the pilbara as worked there for a few years so i am serious but not wanting to pay $$$ for the same thing as a cheaper model golds the game for me n to have fun !! I dont care bout name brands either except for 4wd
:lol:

Well then you don't need spend a lot to have fun, and Any Gold you find will be the Icing on the Cake.

YIPPEKAIAY said:
Thanx mate that was a good statement im tossing up the spp n gpx4500 rerelease i know the gpx is nearly 5000 but i can get one for just over 3000 but like you stated im not queen on listening to squelch n all that other noise all day
Just want something thatl find shiny shite n something i wont outgrow as im just wanting a detector for chasing gold n thats it... Didnt mean to offend just want honest unbiased opinions as so im not wasting $$$
Kind regards yippee

If your in that type of position heading out west then get the Gpx 4500. It will take a long time to out grow that model and throw in a few extra coils as you learn and it grows with you.

dazza513 said:
YIPPEKAIAY said:
Thanx mate that was a good statement im tossing up the spp n gpx4500 rerelease i know the gpx is nearly 5000 but i can get one for just over 3000 but like you stated im not queen on listening to squelch n all that other noise all day
Just want something thatl find shiny shite n something i wont outgrow as im just wanting a detector for chasing gold n thats it... Didnt mean to offend just want honest unbiased opinions as so im not wasting $$$
Kind regards yippee

If your in that type of position heading out west then get the Gpx 4500. It will take a long time to out grow that model and throw in a few extra coils as you learn and it grows with you.

Im not knocking the spp for the wa gold fields but big mono coils with their extra depth and faster sweep speed rule the roost over there, wa is all about how much ground you cover looking for small patches so the Gpx with its bigger coils is the better choice for that area.

dazza :)

Ridge Runner said:
Narrawa said:
If your looking for gold, be it once a week once a month or once a year...at the end of the day...your looking for gold. Why not give yourself the best chance of finding it, and go strait to the top.? Some say this model or that model suits my purpose...but you already stated your purpose...gold.?
Your cheaper buy looses a lot more value than your more expensive buys over time. And your chances are below par compared to the more expensive buys. Understandable for the folk who simply cannot afford the dearer makes and models....but for those of you who can afford them....have a little bit more of a think when choosing which make model to buy and add the above to your way of thinking.....you may save yourself a few $$ in the end. For those still unsure of which way to go...i just added some more for you to think about. :lol:

Just saying.

Yeah and that could end in the divorce courts and the Kids calling the postman Dad, lol
At least you'll be finding more gold though. Gotta get the priorities right :lol:

You guys are just so lucky...having a female in your life to drive you broke and insane. Just brilliant. I really should get married again so I could be 'one of the boys'!

SunriseBoy said:
You guys are just so lucky...having a female in your life to drive you broke and insane. Just brilliant. I really should get married again so I could be 'one of the boys'!

Think I would rather a 4x4 and a Bike,,, never had a beer say No :D :D :D

Hard Luck said:
Ive got the Miner John 5x9 coil on my SPP.
Maybe at Ballarat next weekend there can be some comparisons done against the SDC 2300 when small gold is found

*I promise I will dig up some junk* :D :D :D
How did you go - do any comparisons over the weekend?

SunriseBoy said:

oh yeah.....its great....

mbasko said:
Hard Luck said:
Ive got the Miner John 5x9 coil on my SPP.
Maybe at Ballarat next weekend there can be some comparisons done against the SDC 2300 when small gold is found

*I promise I will dig up some junk* :D :D :D
How did you go - do any comparisons over the weekend?

I didn't get a chance to do a side by side comparison with the 2300. But a couple of the members (neo geo and thedigger) did provide some tiny pieces that I was able to swing over to see what it was like.
From what I could see it was picking them up to about a couple of inches. I scrape the coil along as much as I can so I have no doubt that it will pick up small stuff close to the surface.

rocketaroo said:
I wont look at whites, because they have so many control knobs, they look old fashioned, and complicated. I know thats not giving them a fair shake though.

That's why so many people like them...because they have the knobs! In the US they have a cult like status because of that fact.

SunriseBoy said:
rocketaroo said:
I wont look at whites, because they have so many control knobs, they look old fashioned, and complicated. I know thats not giving them a fair shake though.

That's why so many people like them...because they have the knobs! In the US they have a cult like status because of that fact.

I would not buy Any machine without Knobs and switches, Any adjustment I just reach down and correct it, No messing with different soil Timings and other settings hidden in menus, It's just a matter of twist it and carry on, And that system works, When you consider how many people use them and once they have been out a few times with it they know what they are doing, Yet folks who use machines with menus have to put posts up to ask weather they have the right settings,

People seem to think that because that is all you have to do then the machine is inferior, Well just look at your Trucks, or the kitchen stove etc or anything you have to live with, just turn a Key or a knob and get on with the job, Then Take a look at computers with software brain fart, viruses, voltage/power spikes, and the time it takes them to shut down, Then you get free security software and the moment it gets to the end of the one month free trial date your computer slows down pages lock up, It takes forever to turn On and 15 minutes later It still has not turned off, The mouse Icon Freezes and won't let you do a bloody thing, and even if nothing is out of date to get bloody adverts for some thing that you have never clicked that just pop up at will,
Ever since we got cars/trucks with ECU's in the late 80s it now costs us $$$$ of bucks to get put right just because a 2 cent part got a piece of dust on it, None of that happened with the HJ,HX and HZ or WB Cars or the XB, XC, XD, and XE falcons, and unless we live in town there is bugger all chance of fixing it by the side of the road, and In the Australian Bush that can cost you your Life just because a 2 bob part shits it's self, That's what menu's and computers are good for,

Machines with knobs and switches allow you to tune the issue and not be limited by menu's.

SunriseBoy said:
With the new cars now, it's gotten to the point you can't even change the oil yourself!

Yes it is a Loop hole that ensures the Dealer make money for years to come, here Landrover charge over 250 dollars an hour, and the service times the dealers Allow for a 40,000k service is normally done in a 3rd of the time or less but the customer still gets charged for the full allotted time in which the fit another 2 or 3 cars in, so the other 2 or 3 customers have to pay although the first customer has paid enough to cover the cost of the other 3, an that is Typical practice and has been since before the 1990s.

Thats part of the reason we chose the SPP over other digital detectors, plus the price, but being able to just turn a dial or knob is much more appealing than having to search through a menu & try to see a digital screen on a bright sunny day. While something like a GPZ might be the bee's knee's & would be nice to have, the TDI would still be easier to learn too use.
As for cars, haha, well I'd hate to try & do work on my brothers ute, hell, not sure I could even find the spark plugs to change because of so much stuff in the engine bay, would take all day to change the 8 of them, thats after pulling half the stuff out just to get to them, certainly not much room left, but hey, them late model cars sure are nice & that 6.0 litre V8 is awesome, lucky he works at Holden & gets cheap pricing,lol.

I love knobs and switches too, but when it comes to gold I want the best performance. For coin detecting, I like the immediacy of knobs and being able to see all your settings at a glance. This is why I have a Sovereign and a Tesoro. If Whites brought out a more powerful PI, or a GMT with dual freq and adjustable tone, I'd be all over it.

Ozzi, how do you find the single field 12" Spider coil. I've just swapped a Dual field for the single so wouldn't mind a bit of feedback.

Latest posts