Whites Spp Coil Question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, i have another question, i only did a few tests with my whites spp, but when i turn it on (fully charged), the light of the battery turns on, is it normal? or the battery need to be replaced? thanks

Hi, i have another question, i only did a few tests with my whites spp, but when i turn it on (fully charged), the light of the battery turns on, is it normal? or the battery need to be replaced? thanks
Yes it sounds like your battery is bad. Normal Whites TDISL/SPP NiMH battery is 11.2V (8×1.4V) and light goes on at 8.5V (8× 1.06V). use a multimeter to check your fully charged battery voltage and voltage after you take it out of machine.

If voltage seems ok I guess it could be an issue with the battery light but that would be very unlikely.

Battery light doesnt actually do anything other than indicate voltage so if battery voltage is correct you can still use the machine but best bet it to get a 8xAA Whites battery tray.

Yes it sounds like your battery is bad. Normal Whites TDISL/SPP NiMH battery is 11.2V (8×1.4V) and light goes on at 8.5V (8× 1.06V). use a multimeter to check your fully charged battery voltage and voltage after you take it out of machine.

If voltage seems ok I guess it could be an issue with the battery light but that would be very unlikely.

Battery light doesnt actually do anything other than indicate voltage so if battery voltage is correct you can still use the machine but best bet it to get a 8xAA Whites battery tray.
thanks!

hi, i have another question, the battery is 1.4V each, but how much mAh have each battery? thanks

hi, i have another question, the battery is 1.4V each, but how much mAh have each battery? thanks

If you mean the standard Whites NiMh Battery with orange label - #802- 5281 - it is 2200 mAh. for the pack, and per cell as they are in series.

If you are going to get the Whites battery tray #802-7150 then get 8 x AA NiMH batteries of whatever capacity you like. Prob best are Panasonic Enerloop Pro 2450mAhr ea.

1.4V is fully charged, nominal NiMH cell voltage is 1.2V