Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of internet providers have been slowly getting rid of email services over the last few years.

Telstra was one of the first to start it, they stopped handing out @bigpond.com email addresses a couple years back.

TPG, iiNet, Internode, Westnet are all shutting them down, basically all under the same company anyway.

A few other companies are also joining the club. Just costs too much for ISPs to maintain the email services.

So if you do use an ISP email with any company, I would recommend ditching it sooner than later, saves rushing around notifying people etc. No doubt Optus will follow suit also, there's been lots of issues with their email service for the past year.

---

VentraIP is a good company to get email with, buy a cheap domain (.com, .com.au or something) from them and get email hosting for little as $2.95 a month.

There's free options like Gmail, Outlook.com or even Protomail (all have premium options if you need more space/features etc).

---

I have been using Microsoft Exchange for my business and personal email addresses. I have separate domains for both, the personal has my full name in it ([email protected]). Costs a bit more but very reliable.

Last edited:
When you wait all day for a a tradesperson to turn up. As the day gets shorter you ring to see where they are & it's "nah, cant make it today now".

Yeah that's annoying, same with parcels being delivered. Get an SMS or email saying it's being delivered today... Put things on hold and stay at home and it does not come. So you need to waste another day the day after :mad:

Yeah that's annoying, same with parcels being delivered. Get an SMS or email saying it's being delivered today... Put things on hold and stay at home and it does not come. So you need to waste another day the day after :mad:
When we were selling the house, we urgently had to get birth & marriage certificates. Good old AusPost took 6 days, despite paying for express.

or it turns up like this martin yesterday (a few small parts for the tractor )

and of course the parts were missing:mad:

Yep seen that also with my packages. I get a lot of computer parts and stuff for my customers. I heard a noise down the side of the house one day and it was a StarTrack (owned by AusPost) delivery driver throwing a parcel over the fence, he chucked it about 3 metres beyond the fence line. Why he went to that gate is beyond me when the entrance and front door side is facing the road :rolleyes:

When we were selling the house, we urgently had to get birth & marriage certificates. Good old AusPost took 6 days, despite paying for express.

I gave up on express delivery a long time ago, it's more a scam than anything 90% of the time and they make more money for it.

that's exactly what i thought woomera
what di%$#head in this day and age sends spare parts in a standard manilla envelope through the post
the parts could of just torn the envelope and they fell out:rolleyes::rolleyes: one shakes the head in disbelief
one part was a $300.00 ignition barrel (5 function, so it is reasonably large as ignition barrels go )

Becoming quite common now for delivery drivers to leave parcels at the door without knocking or ringing doorbell?

Yep happens all the time now, more so since covid seeing most things you don't even need to sign for now.

Another couple seconds and a couple knocks could be done. The delivery drivers are in too much of a rush to get to the next job, more parcels delivered = more money for the delivery driver. I bet if they were on a set weekly wage they would not be in as much as a rush compared to being paid per delivery.

Yep happens all the time now, more so since covid seeing most things you don't even need to sign for now.

Another couple seconds and a couple knocks could be done. The delivery drivers are in too much of a rush to get to the next job, more parcels delivered = more money for the delivery driver. I bet if they were on a set weekly wage they would not be in as much as a rush compared to being paid per delivery.
Yep lots of jobs like that now. The lower end will get paid according to performance but the ever expanding class of entitled public servants and beaurocrats get paid much better via our taxes with no performance measures at all. Its all part of a neo feudalism renaissance and its coming in fast and people are too busy arguing about things they cant control to stop it. The middle class will be hollowed out. Am I being too pessimistic ?

Recently was "thrilled" to see some "lovely" person had smashed my back tail lights, possibly with a hammer from the look of the holes in them. Impressed - NOT! :mad:
Ordered them online on the Thursday night from country Vic and Tasmania, and they were both delivered on the following Tuesday! Very surprised and happy with that delivery service!

Installed them on the weekend and all fixed now, but man, some people are just *#*#!

Smashed lights.PNG

Met up with a neighbour last week and I said, " hey mate, have you had an accident?" (bandages over upper arms, knees and legs), he said " no mate I was attacked by youths on Halloween night. I Said, no way mate. He had just got back from a holiday that morning and decided to get some shuteye after the long journey. Kid knocks on the door, and he tells them he is not doing treats as he just got back from Japan. The BIG kid kicks the front door putting a massive hole in the wall and he tells them to go. Next thing the kids are banging on the windows, and he goes outside to tell them he has had enough. He finds a kid hiding in the garden and next minute he is tackled by a kid wearing a ninja mask and throws him to the pavers which takes the bark off. Long story short, the kids except one were from other suburbs but attend the same PRIVATE school, yep, Police, Child Protection, ambulance and Paramedics turn up. CCTV sourced from his neighbour.
7 hours in hospital with multiple tests , all good, wounds patched. Police investigating.
The reason I am mentioning this is because of two things: one my neighbour is a Veteran with some issues due to his service, secondly, because of the Youth Crime we have in Qld which is out of control and no way of fixing it. This is the sad reality of Australia today. Stay Safe, Lock Up and Look After Each Other.

that's the way it is now mackka with the brats of society ,in queensland it matters little of where you are
as in some areas it is out of control and some areas it is organised chaos

and the policy of not locking them up, and breach of bail was not a offence really helped matters as well

it has going on for a long time

a copper mate of mine retired 25 years ago as he got sick of it
they would pick up 10 to 12 year olds at 2 am and return them home to the parents
while talking to the parents at the front door the little pricks would duck out the back door and beat the police back down to the main street
he said the parents did not care and neither did the kids
and if they locked them up for their own good the cops were the biggest $#%^s in the world for locking the little darlings up

as he said our hands are tied ,we are dammed if we did and dammed if we didn't ,so he left the police force

It’s a very sad state of affairs all over Australia with youth crime. I have two coppers in my street both nice blokes but they also admit that due to the enormous workload brought on by crime and now the increase in DV that new recruits only stay three years because of the stress. Not to mention the racial tensions in some communities.

Latest posts