Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manpa exactly right the world has gone totally looney.
Dandenong city council here in Vic has decided that it will ban deep fryers in any canteens on council owned sporting or community facilities as part of the move to provide people with healthier eating choices.
So now we have tin pot local councilors trying to decide what we can eat!
These canteens are run to provide funding for local sports and community clubs. When I go to the local footy, I will nearly always buy some chips or potato cakes to support the local team.
Are these councilors petty dictators or just idiots who believe there own wokey crackpot ideas. Perhaps they should extend the ban to MacDonalds or KFC and Fish and chip shops in the council area.
Sitting behind the anonymity of a Council vote they should be named and shamed so we can identify these idiots so they don't get elected ever, anywhere.

Dandenong city council here in Vic has decided that it will ban deep fryers in any canteens on council owned sporting or community facilities as part of the move to provide people with healthier eating choices.
These canteens are run to provide funding for local sports and community clubs. When I go to the local footy, I will nearly always buy some chips or potato cakes to support the local team.
Are these councilors petty dictators or just idiots who believe there own wokey crackpot ideas. Perhaps they should extend the ban to MacDonalds or KFC and Fish and chip shops in the council area.
Sitting behind the anonymity of a Council vote they should be named and shamed so we can identify these idiots so they don't get elected ever, anywhere.
Yes I must agree. Micromanagement is creeping in, It seems caged chooks are on the way out in favour of free range etc. I had two free range eggs for breakfast this morning Small yolks and very pale same as last time.. Why not let us decide for ourselves what we want to buy.

it's not just vic geoff ,we have the same faceless shiny arses here as well mate
total waste of council funds and time ,the should be pressing the real issues not their own dumb woke ideas
some of the sh*#*t that comes from the local council here geoff , if it was not for real you would think it is a script for a comedy show:mad:

Not taking any side here of wrong or right but this looks more of a media beat up than anything?
From what I've seen it's only a proposal to "upgrade" from deep fryers to air fryers during facility upgrades at this stage. Doesn't appear to be set in concrete?
Also can't find anything saying clubs etc. still couldn't provide & use their own deep fryers if they wanted to?
Edit:
Can't use benchtop fryers under new hire agreements apparently.
Greater Dandenong community strengthening director Peta Gillies says clubs can still use built-in deep fryers if they’re provided.

“However freestanding benchtop deep fryers pose a safety risk to our community as they do not come with required exhaust fans nor grease traps, so cannot be used.
I'd also assume (there is I looked 😁) Dandenong Council have a "Have Your Say" platform for residents to voice their opinion on these type of proposals. A path to possibly shout it down before it happens?
https://www.greaterdandenong.vic.gov.au/contactus
https://www.greaterdandenong.vic.gov.au/have-your-say

Last edited:
Not taking any side here of wrong or right but this looks more of a media beat up than anything?
From what I've seen it's only a proposal to "upgrade" from deep fryers to air fryers during facility upgrades at this stage. Doesn't appear to be set in concrete?
Also can't find anything saying clubs etc. still couldn't provide & use their own deep fryers if they wanted to?
Edit:
Can't use benchtop fryers under new hire agreements apparently.

I'd also assume (there is I looked 😁) Dandenong Council have a "Have Your Say" platform for residents to voice their opinion on these type of proposals. A path to possibly shout it down before it happens?
https://www.greaterdandenong.vic.gov.au/contactus
https://www.greaterdandenong.vic.gov.au/have-your-say
Clearly in sight is that whenever a facility upgrade is necessary, a built in fryer will not be provided and council will not permit a benchtop fryer.
To suggest that air fryers would be an “upgrade” is ridiculous. We have one at home and can take it with us in our caravan and love it. But to provide chips at a canteen venue, a couple of serves of chips would take about 20 minutes and be clearly impracticable. So the Dandenong proposal effectively phases out deep frying at canteen venues.
To suggest that the proposal is a safety measure is clearly just a rationisation of a decision promoted for other wokey reasons. The Mayor of Dandenong, Eden Foster, is on record as saying that these measures are “in line with healthy eating guidelines”. There is absolutely no reason to make such a comment if it was not front and centre In council’s thinking.
We all know what a “have your say“ with the council means “xxxx all”. My own experience is that despite 150 objections by locals to a close by development, council just didn’t listen and were ready to pass the development. We and others had to spend $20000 to force the proposal to VCAT where the proposal was thankfully overturned mostly on the basis of what people were “having their say about” in lodging their objections.

They'd obviously have to install commercial grade fryers not ones you take in the caravan? I believe they are pretty quick?
Don't know what the "Have Your Say" is like down south but locally in NSW we've had some good results/silly decisions stopped by weight of numbers.
Either way I'd say it's a better medium to use than whinging here where nobody from Dandenong Council would likely see it 😁

Clearly in sight is that whenever a facility upgrade is necessary, a built in fryer will not be provided and council will not permit a benchtop fryer.
To suggest that air fryers would be an “upgrade” is ridiculous. We have one at home and can take it with us in our caravan and love it. But to provide chips at a canteen venue, a couple of serves of chips would take about 20 minutes and be clearly impracticable. So the Dandenong proposal effectively phases out deep frying at canteen venues.
Your apparent assumption that home kitchen benchtop air fryers are all that's available is incorrect. Far from being "ridiculous", the technology is a significant upgrade for commercial users too and large models for bulk usage are readily available.

They'd obviously have to install commercial grade fryers not ones you take in the caravan? I believe they are pretty quick?
Don't know what the "Have Your Say" is like down south but locally in NSW we've had some good results/silly decisions stopped by weight of numbers.
Either way I'd say it's a better medium to use than whinging here where nobody from Dandenong Council would likely see it 😁
Dandenong is not my council, so I have no say, just a whinge as the topic says. Put it here to warn others about woke silliness coming soon close to somewhere near where you live.

I thought I joined up to learn about prospecting not how we want to cook chips.
Are you whinging about other people whinging in a whinging thread which is clearly titled whinge of the day.
The thread is clearly titled and obviously not prospecting related but allows us prospectors, who by the way are also human beings, to express our frustrations at the failures, obstacles and silliness that sometimes confronts us.
It’s sometimes about serious concerns other times more light hearted, but generally not a lot about prospecting. If an individual chooses to spend his or her time reading one thread out of hundreds, which by its title, is self confessedly not directly about prospecting, what is the problem?

Are you whinging about other people whinging in a whinging thread which is clearly titled whinge of the day.
The thread is clearly titled and obviously not prospecting related but allows us prospectors, who by the way are also human beings, to express our frustrations at the failures, obstacles and silliness that sometimes confronts us.
It’s sometimes about serious concerns other times more light hearted, but generally not a lot about prospecting. If an individual chooses to spend his or her time reading one thread out of hundreds, which by its title, is self confessedly not directly about prospecting, what is the problem?
Backed up by a further whinge 😂.
I love this thread...... NOT!

There is lots of diversity on this website. I love all of it and go and look wherever my whim takes me. I am strongly against censorship.

WHINGE! Correct English usage and diction; the kind of English that would be spoken at the court of the English king/Queen: “With their mixture of jargon and slang, sportscasters, news readers, public are constantly murdering the King's/Queens English.” ***Should "of" instead of should "have." "Cool" whether it be hot, cold, happy, excited etc etc.

Lets get on TOPIC My whinge is Gold is not easier to find, not enough about anymore, Detectors are over priced. I sure I only got 1% of gold failing. 😭

Latest posts