Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My whinge of the day,

Got a few complaints and now I have to work out
what to do with this thread.

It is the way it is people. This can offend quite a few folk's who are labelled because they live
in Gov Housing.

I will sit on it for a while but please do not be offended yourselves if this does get cleaned up a bit.

Upside said:
Why would those who do the right thing in govt housing be offended?

I don't get it?

I agree i don't see where everyone is painted with the same brush
All i see is some tenets trash their houses
I have seen it first hand here
Also i have seen some that cant get a transfer so they burn the houses down then get moved to another place
It happens thats life

When you take away all the firewood and build houses with timber floors, what would you do on many a cold winters night in Central Australia?
Having said that the blatant destruction of govt houses due to anger, drug abuse, issues with family etc.etc. Is, in my opinion, a jailable offence and unfortunately it is far too frequent.
Mackka

My work got a job to treat some bed bugs in a commission house.

A mother and two daughters in their 20's lived there. Our technician said it was like a tip inside and just wanted to get out asap!

Three dogs running around. All smoking like chimneys. Couldn't see the carpet from all the stuff in there, and it stank to high heaven.

They complained bitterly when he told them they had to clean up the rooms to treat them properly.

They wouldn't do it, so we contacted the property manager and said this can't be fixed until they clean it up.
So they decided to move them out of there, then had it treated when it was empty.

We didn't tell the property manager that they probably moved the bed bugs with them when they moved to the new place... :awful:
And around and around and around we go...

Cheers,
Megsy

The scary bit is the next generation that is growing up being "parented" by these dead beat bludgers is going to be full on antisocial drains on society.

Some people really need the help and services offered and its enough to get them back into moving forward,
Others use, abuse and waste valuable resources, and in my opinion the help and services actually is doing more harm as they make putting their hand out an occupation and their right.

Watching these unemployable skunks destroy neighbourhoods , abuse police and health workers as if the are kings of turd town disturbs me , they honestly believe society owes them everything and us stupid worker drones best hurry up and deliver it.

I'm pretty sure 100 years ago that gene pool would have naturally shrank , but now with handouts they can breed like rabbits , infact they probably get more "PAY" that way........

:mad: :awful: :argh: :poop: :poop: :N:

100 years ago they would have been sent to the work houses if they were destitute, forcing them to work and make some money.
Now we just hand it to them, along with free housing, and they treat it like crap, because they don't own it!

There was no reason that those three women couldn't have been working - they just chose not to do it.

And why would they, when they're on a good wicket there?! ]:D

Tathradj said:
My whinge of the day,

Got a few complaints and now I have to work out
what to do with this thread.

It is the way it is people. This can offend quite a few folk's who are labelled because they live
in Gov Housing.

I will sit on it for a while but please do not be offended yourselves if this does get cleaned up a bit.
If it was anything I wrote just do it bud. The vast majority of the maintenance jobs (not refits) where we had to book in advance had great tenants, families, single parents, and dependant people who had gotten a help up and obviously valued it. Clean houses, orderly lives, tidy gardens, and were quite pleasant to deal with.

The refits though, where the house was vacated, were without exception treated with utter disregard and beyond comprehension aside from 2 new acquisitions from the private market. At least 80. Its a high number, but in my area it wouldnt surprise the community to hear that, but the state they were left in would.

I wouldnt disagree with the view that charging those people responsible for the destruction should be the right remedy.

Goldfreak said:
Wishfull said:
I'm going to have a whinge about the lack of coverage on mainstream media on overseas news here in Australia apart from American news. For instance there is a major war brewing between Russia and Ukraine, Tens of thousands of troops and armoury being moved into place atm on both sides. China is threatening Taiwan, Israel just torpedoed a Iranian ship. But our media want to talk about Covid 19 etc. Like we are mushrooms. Cant upset people can we now ? Just saying.
Our media is lazy. That's my opinion and also a big whinge in the spirit of this entertaining thread :playful: besides why would we need to know about ww3 starting when we could be hearing what the Kardashians are doing :/
Agree completely - even the ABC is now going that route. The end result is like in America, that much of the population barely knows anything beyond even their state borders. Al Jazeera has some overseas news info, but I would be happier to have something like our own ABC as a source - I trust it to be more independent.

goldierocks said:
Goldfreak said:
Wishfull said:
I'm going to have a whinge about the lack of coverage on mainstream media on overseas news here in Australia apart from American news. For instance there is a major war brewing between Russia and Ukraine, Tens of thousands of troops and armoury being moved into place atm on both sides. China is threatening Taiwan, Israel just torpedoed a Iranian ship. But our media want to talk about Covid 19 etc. Like we are mushrooms. Cant upset people can we now ? Just saying.
Our media is lazy. That's my opinion and also a big whinge in the spirit of this entertaining thread :playful: besides why would we need to know about ww3 starting when we could be hearing what the Kardashians are doing :/
Agree completely - even the ABC is now going that route. The end result is like in America, that much of the population barely knows anything beyond even their state borders. Al Jazeera has some overseas news info, but I would be happier to have something like our own ABC as a source - I trust it to be more independent.
ABC independent :lol:

Back in the days of ICQ I made contact with many from nations around the world, learning about their culture and daily lives.
The one point that stood out was Americans rarely knew their next door neighbours let alone events and places around their country & globe.
Mentioned I lived in Perth and more than once the reply was; "Is that near Sydney?" :lol:
Unfortunately Australia has gone down that path.
Dumb down the population and fill our heads with doom and gloom.
Wake up every morning to the local news, an example this morning. Covid, three car pile up, teenager killed on road, two police officers commit suicide, need I go on?
It's a beautiful world out there it does have its happy moments like stepping outside this morning to retrieve the paper and hear a number of birds welcoming the sunrise with their happy tunes..
:D :D

nucopia said:
goldierocks said:
Goldfreak said:
Wishfull said:
ABC independent :lol:
compared to Al Jazeera, yes - based in Qatar with Iranian ties (so things like Israel torpedoing an Iranian ship might need double-checking).

If you watch the channel 7 or 9 news , you will see plenty of car crashes , shootings and stabbings . Is that the news people want to see ? Plus many, many adverts . I watch SBS and see some news from around the world . With fewer adverts . I remember watching one of the others ABC ? and there was not one item of overseas news on that day .

Rubbish bin day....every Friday....5am.

Mate start at a normal time. 7am at least.

Rrrrrr.....screeeeeech. .....rrrrrrr......screeeeech.......rrrrrr.......screeeeeeech.

Ffs. :zzz:

Upside said:
Rubbish bin day....every Friday....5am.

Mate start at a normal time. 7am at least.

Rrrrrr.....screeeeeech. .....rrrrrrr......screeeeech.......rrrrrr.......screeeeeeech.

Ffs. :zzz:

Easily cured, make every Thursday thirsty Thursday :p 1 or 2 extras won't hurt surely :lol:

People that try and sell a 2nd hand detector for MORE than the rrp in a shop!

They must think here's the only place to look to buy :poop: