Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
check out the list of those honoured, large majority are actors or media personalities.

https://www.news.com.au/national/qu...d/news-story/13b4bd302b7fef10b475347e41b11bb7

Can someone tell me whats so special about a bloody actor or some self appointed throb of TV. OK some may fund raise, though probably only to gain further media exposure for self gain, but so do many other people who aren't as fortunate and are probably on their last dollar after fighting some disease to stay alive.

This world has lost it, its sad state of affairs when we're all suppose to look up to these clowns, just goes to show how much homework goes into the honoured list.

Probably cost Australia another few million for this load of CROCK awards. A grade 7 school class could come up with a justifyable list that would outclass these Puntzes

Pathetic!

Another reason I don't view commercial TV, get more enjoyment in the garden or away prospecting.
Two nights ago I flicked on Channel 7 news for the first time in eons.
It lasted for the first few headlines, covid, death, murder, car accidents, there still isn't any good/happy news out there.
If I lived on my own the TV would be out on the verge and some decoration would grace the cabinet.

I'm with nightjar. I'm happier not watching tv and never watch the news. If theres anything that important, someone will let me know. :Y:

Heres my whinge of the day!

People complaining they can no longer afford a house in the cities. Endless 30 and 40 something year old couples complaining it's too expensive now, they'll never afford to own even in the outer outer Sydney suburbs and Melbourne, and every other capital city.

Well move to the country then!

We did just that. I'm not saying I'm right, they're wrong, but for God's sake, if you cant afford to buy , look further out!

I'd be more than happy to show these individuals how to earn more than enough equity to be able to raise that 20% deposit within 5 years. Plus there's plenty of great paying jobs in country towns.

Whinge over.

The ones that can't afford still have multiple mobile phones, foxtel , stan, Netflix, designer dogs , gym membership, buy lunch , waste everything and are just living outside their means. With some exceptions.

Move to the country is fine just don't join all the committees and try change the country town into the place you left. Country town are great the way they are.

My windge is the news story I seen yesterday where a group of do gooders have run out of funding to clean and maintain government housing for indigenous people that refuse to look after the houses they are in, 1million didn't last them 12 months.

Government housing is a privilege not a right and maybe they should use that million to educate the occupants to respect the house they don't own. I don't care what race you are having a house to live in means you should do everything you can to look after it.

Talk about rewarding bad behaviour, touchy feely do gooders are just making these people even less responsible for their actions.

Upside said:
I'm with nightjar. I'm happier not watching tv and never watch the news. If theres anything that important, someone will let me know. :Y:

I am almost the opposite as about the only thing that I watch on the telly nowadays is the news. But I don't watch the ABC news as it is often so leftish that it gets me uptight.

Rob P.

If you take the time to look at the complete list of Australian Queens Birthday Honours List recipients you will see that very few are celebrities and actors.
Many are hard working community minded people who just go about their business quietly and humbly.

Same here. I watch the 7News not ABC and because our NBN has been off since last Wednesday I can't pick or choose my shows. At this moment I'm watching Grand Prix with James Garner. Nuthin' else of interest at all. The laptop is on via a 4GX wireless modem. :(

The "Truth" is as "You" perceive it to be. !! is a phrase I got taught at school. However, that "Truth" is fed by "information in". Then it is processed by us as individuals who are all different.

Conclusion = Confusion, lol. :)

Another phrase I was given "The only things you can believe in a Newspaper are the Births, Deaths and Marriage announcements, and, even they are subject to misprint."

Makes it very difficult to make an "informed" point of view, so I agree with NJ. switch off and do something that makes you content. :) :beer: :goldpan: :pickshovel: :cake: :heart:

Upside said:

People complaining they can no longer afford a house in the cities. Endless 30 and 40 something year old couples complaining it's too expensive now, they'll never afford to own even in the outer outer Sydney suburbs and Melbourne, and every other capital city.

We did just that. I'm not saying I'm right, they're wrong, but for God's sake, if you cant afford to buy , look further out!

I'd be more than happy to show these individuals how to earn more than enough equity to be able to raise that 20% deposit within 5 years. Plus there's plenty of great paying jobs in country towns.

Whinge over.

TBH that is exactly what my inlaws did and then we followed. Inlaws did Hermanburg, Docker River, Wingellina and everything else in between(many others I can't recall). They left NZ, worked the outback and now have their own house in SW WA. They were in their sixties when they did that.

We decided to follow. Left the Blue Mountains in 2015 with $20K savings, headed remote. Have not paid a single power/gas/water bill since (six years). Rent is $17 a fortnight. Income tax is reduced because we live remote. Car rego cheaper.

We now can afford a house almost outright in the Blue Mountains. But have bigger plans.
Living remote can be a big step up but don't expect an easy life. But it's a great life.

Mr Magoo said:
Upside said:

Whinge over.

TBH that is exactly what my inlaws did and then we followed. Inlaws did Hermanburg, Docker River, Wingellina and everything else in between(many others I can't recall). They left NZ, worked the outback and now have their own house in SW WA. They were in their sixties when they did that.

We decided to follow. Left the Blue Mountains in 2015 with $20K savings, headed remote. Have not paid a single power/gas/water bill since (six years). Rent is $17 a fortnight. Income tax is reduced because we live remote. Car rego cheaper.

We now can afford a house almost outright in the Blue Mountains. But have bigger plans.
Living remote can be a big step up but don't expect an easy life. But it's a great life.

Where we're at rents are extremely high but houses extremely cheap. Last place we bought was 50k. I spent 10k in renovations and it now rents for $330 a week. The rent on that more than covers the mortgage on the house we live in.. Then just repeat the process until the cows come home.

Hermansburg just out of Alice springs you mean? What a dump. I built the new Centrelink there think It was start of last year now. Actually Alice springs wasn't much better.

aussiefarmer said:
The ones that can't afford still have multiple mobile phones, foxtel , stan, Netflix, designer dogs , gym membership, buy lunch , waste everything and are just living outside their means. With some exceptions.

Move to the country is fine just don't join all the committees and try change the country town into the place you left. Country town are great the way they are.

My windge is the news story I seen yesterday where a group of do gooders have run out of funding to clean and maintain government housing for indigenous people that refuse to look after the houses they are in, 1million didn't last them 12 months.

Government housing is a privilege not a right and maybe they should use that million to educate the occupants to respect the house they don't own. I don't care what race you are having a house to live in means you should do everything you can to look after it.

Talk about rewarding bad behaviour, touchy feely do gooders are just making these people even less responsible for their actions.

Could not agree more. I did a couple years in social housing refits and some times you couldnt tell if it was animal :poop: or human, drugs, unemployed, escaping domestic voilence, homeless, doesnt matter to me, some of these people didnt have the hygiene or brain power of the animals they housed. Busted up, doors kicked off, axe and knife cuts, syringes, mould, pest infestations, I seen it all. Then we cleaned them up and the merry go round at the taxpayers expense started all over again.

Brand New floorings, doors, heating, cooling, plaster work, paint, plumbing, fencing, roofing, insulation, appliances including hot water, lord knows the budgets on some of these refits. Been given houses that are better than some working families are forced to rent at market cost. :mad: Disgraceful.

Any how my whinge is this swimming coach beat up. My old swim coaches will have both passed by now, but old Joyce then Norm wouldnt hold back with their words, and both were known to dish up a bit of a clip around the ears if I wasnt up to par in performance or attitude over the years.

What sort of cry baby world have we fallen into, no resilience or responsibility being ingrained into the youth, all safe spaces and finger pointing. No good will come of it.

Saw that when I was 12, they live in the bush at Lake Tyres ,Vic , brand new home ; They pull up the wood from the further Est room, burn it on some corr iron with dirt on it in the lounge. They too lazy to go out and get the wood around them. So privileged these Australians. Just got there hands out wanting more. Don't want to put in , or do anything to to help themselves.
But there are ones that will have a go, and want to put in for everyone.
This applies to White and and those other whiter.

Latest posts