Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
I'm going to have a whinge about the lack of coverage on mainstream media on overseas news here in Australia apart from American news. For instance there is a major war brewing between Russia and Ukraine, Tens of thousands of troops and armoury being moved into place atm on both sides. China is threatening Taiwan, Israel just torpedoed a Iranian ship. But our media want to talk about Covid 19 etc. Like we are mushrooms. Cant upset people can we now ? Just saying.
Our media is lazy. That's my opinion and also a big whinge in the spirit of this entertaining thread :playful: besides why would we need to know about ww3 starting when we could be hearing what the Kardashians are doing :/

Goldfreak said:
Wishfull said:
I'm going to have a whinge about the lack of coverage on mainstream media on overseas news here in Australia apart from American news. For instance there is a major war brewing between Russia and Ukraine, Tens of thousands of troops and armoury being moved into place atm on both sides. China is threatening Taiwan, Israel just torpedoed a Iranian ship. But our media want to talk about Covid 19 etc. Like we are mushrooms. Cant upset people can we now ? Just saying.
Our media is lazy. That's my opinion and also a big whinge in the spirit of this entertaining thread :playful: besides why would we need to know about ww3 starting when we could be hearing what the Kardashians are doing :/
Journos here wouldnt know a "real" news story if it bit them on the arm.

Theres no old school brawlers left, I mean they now send Liz Hayes to the front lines like she is a seasoned journo :lol:

All sitting at a desk worried about their social media profile and remaining palatable to the woke.

Nothing but fairy floss as far as the eye can see.

I am annoyed 95% of the nuggets i find dont have friends near by, surely if one nugget landed there others would also. Its fustrating, even more when you are up out of the old diggings and get one, then every other target is junk.
Ive tried raking and even digging 3 inches of the surface off on a 2x2 meter area.

Its a kick in the guts to rake a 10x10 meter area and get no nuggets.....

Goldfreak said:
Wishfull said:

Or Gogglebox..The Cube. Home and Away LOL.
WW3 is a distinct possibility unfortunatly. Not saying its imminent, but from what Im seeing on overseas :eek: media its not looking good.
Really hope I'm wrong.

OzzieAu said:
Just a small whinge about some newbies here that ask a question and seem to go MIA when you respond to their query.
Just a polite thanks mate wouldnt go astray or some idea that theyve seen a response.... :/

I recon they forget their own made up passwords and can never ever log back in... ever ! :eek:

Safety barriers on the western highway from the ring road to leakes road. The bloody traffic travels at 40km/h cause of the congestion. What is the point of a safety barrier at that speed.
Surely the months of delays while they installed the stupid things could of been delayed with the construction of a third lane each way instead.!!

Melbourne traffic... whinge of the day.!

Wishfull said:
Goldfreak said:
Wishfull said:

Or Gogglebox..The Cube. Home and Away LOL.
WW3 is a distinct possibility unfortunatly. Not saying its imminent, but from what Im seeing on overseas :eek: media its not looking good.
Really hope I'm wrong.

MY TURN :lol: Was just reading exports to chna damage buffered by obtaining other export markets with the exception of wine.
No reporting on what happens about our reliance on EVERYTHING we import to get through our day to day stuff when chna hits the fan.

Keitzy said:
Safety barriers on the western highway from the ring road to leakes road. The bloody traffic travels at 40km/h cause of the congestion. What is the point of a safety barrier at that speed.
Surely the months of delays while they installed the stupid things could of been delayed with the construction of a third lane each way instead.!!

Melbourne traffic... whinge of the day.!

oh yeah barriers on the freeways are great, i often wondered what i'd look like if i hit one of those wire one's on my motorcycle :awful:

and they should be renamed " payways " the pricks.

build them with the peoples money then sell to a private company then charge you AGAIN to use the bloody things. :N: :poop:

the good Australian way :lol:

Goldfreak said:
China want to dominate the world and show everyone who's boss but I am more concerned about how Kingston biscuits have shrunk over time. Bloody outrageous and don't get me started on wagon wheels or not so big macs :mad:

I'm not into Kingston biscuits but can you remember when King Sandwiches looked like this?

1617852658_sandwich-ice-cream-cookie.jpg

About 100mm across and 25mm thick. They are less than half the size now :mad:

My whinge: Drivers who don't think, driving in the fast lane and suddenly realise they have to turn left so cut across 3 lanes, or are on the right of you and carve you up doing a left turn from the right. Or drivers filtering into the traffic but aren't at traffic speed so cause the main flow of traffic to slam on their brakes :mad:

Jaros said:
Welcome to Qld. drivers. It was the first thing we noticed(both) when we came here in 1994.

Pretty sure it happens in every state, it amazes me how some of them get away with it. Unfortunately sometimes innocent people are caught up in their total stupidity :mad:

Jaros said:
Welcome to Qld. drivers. It was the first thing we noticed(both) when we came here in 1994.

Ya'll be Queenslanders in 2044 then.... countdown....23 to go :p

Latest posts