What is a Aboriginal today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thomo said:
Keitzy said:
Reguardless of Floyds race or colour, and yes, certainly didnt deserve the death he was given... in reality he was just a muppet criminal and junkie.

You forgot he was also a son a father a brother.

Are you serious in your sentiments about him somehow deserving what he go because he was a criminal and junkie.

I've got a criminal record and smoked a bit of pot and taken lsd back in the 70's does that make me somehow expendable.
I've got 2 grown up children and 3 grandchildren

Like you thomo,I drank a little smoked a little bla bla bla the rest you say is history.
When i was 17 my mate and i got picked up by the local copper for downing a couple of tubes,he locked us up for the night ,gave us a stern talking to and said don't do it again and lets us walk home at 5.00 am in the middle of winter.
Good cop bad cop comes to mind,This copper was fair and just and i learned my lesson well,if he had given me a floggin i'd reckon i would have grown up hating cops and who knows were it would of lead me???
Like you i have a family and grand kids

MrMagoo, if you had a DNA test you may get a shock. I would be most surprised if you could trace your heritage back beyond five generations.

PS my earlier reference to 'mongrel' Whitey simply meant that most 'white' Australians are descendants of many 'tribes'..... Anglo Saxon, Norman, Celt, Norse, Slav, etc. etc. This mixture usually comes under the heading of Caucasian.

Thomo said:
Keitzy said:
Reguardless of Floyds race or colour, and yes, certainly didnt deserve the death he was given... in reality he was just a muppet criminal and junkie.

You forgot he was also a son a father a brother.

Are you serious in your sentiments about him somehow deserving what he go because he was a criminal and junkie.

I've got a criminal record and smoked a bit of pot and taken lsd back in the 70's does that make me somehow expendable.
I've got 2 grown up children and 3 grandchildren
Did he say he deserved it?

"Thought thought he had messed himself, and when he checked he had". "Who ya talkin bout Bro?"

Reg Wilson said:
"Thought thought he had messed himself, and when he checked he had". "Who ya talkin bout Bro?"

All you guys who were born in Auz regardless of skin colour or ancestry...

silver said:
Two party politics is a political football.... otherwise we would be seeing lots of previous decisions being recinded after each and every election that see's political power change hands......... just sayin :eek:

White coffee is still coffee :D

Mrs S just corrected me by sayin

"No matter how much milk you put in your coffee, it's still coffee ! "

My point Silver, was that something adopted by parliament during any particular government doesn't necessarily mean that's what a later government "thinks" on the matter. And indeed, unless something is agreed to by all of the states (such as uniform gun laws for example), or is voted by all of the states in a referendum to change something in the constitution, then it can just as easily be changed in the future by a government that doesn't agree with it. Unless changes are made to the constitution via a referendum then laws can be tweaked, changed (and nullified) forever and a day.

One thing that springs to mind with this discussion, is the debacle surrounding the late Author, Poet, Playwright & academic Colin Johnson (aka Mudrooroo) who not only lived among the Nyoongah people of Western Australia, but who wrote numerous books as an Aboriginal author, and eventually became head of Aboriginal Studies at Murdoch University, only to be outed by the Nyoongah elders themselves many years later as not being a member of their tribe. His own sister (who identifies as white) researched the family history herself, going back five generations and claiming that she could not find one aboriginal relative.

Johnson/Mudrooroo himself had previously denounced aboriginal writer Sally Morgan as not being Aboriginal, despite her being a known and accepted member of the Bailgu people from the Pilbara. So, this thing about whether or not someone is aboriginal based partly on whether or not they are accepted by their own community as such, seems to me to be something that can be at the whim of aboriginal peoples own discrimination, and possibly something that can be granted, and/or revoked at whim as payback for an attack on another members claim to aboriginality.

Personally, I want laws that apply to all of us, equally and the same regardless of our skin color, religion, race, or who was supposedly here first.

Pete E said:
Funny, I thought all you guys were "Australian" ???

I grew up with Italians next door who fled after the war, who were like grandparents to me. Just down the road were Macedonians, who came out to cut canes and settled. Old George the next road over was Finnish, who leased his land to my father. The neighbouring property to my Aunty was an Austrian fella called Fred, who stopped by almost every day. Best mates parents are British.

All of these people were Australians, they came here to make a life leaving behind all they had known. To this day there are still people who come here to call it home. Whether you're born here, or seek it out, or you're a descendant of the tribes that lived here, we are all, Australian.

Mackka said:
Pete E I dont know where you are coming from mate or you just stirring cause you not Oz? Apart from Aboriginals, everyone else is an immigrant.
Mackka

Not stirring at all mate, and no offence meant...

Been some terrible things done in the past (and not so distant past) based on people's skin colour or ancestry, (and not just Oz but around the world)..Personally, I think of you guys as "Australian" and from there a person is as good as his own doing...If a person treats me and mine decently, and are good for thier word, that's how I treat them in turn...

Mackka said:
Pete E I dont know where you are coming from mate or you just stirring cause you not Oz? Apart from Aboriginals, everyone else is an immigrant.
Mackka
Only people born overseas are immigrants, anyone born in Australia is Australian that's the way the world's laws work.
Born here = Australian
Aboriginal born here = decendents of the traditional owners and Australian

I am, you are, we are Australian :perfect:

aussiefarmer said:
Mackka said:
Mackka
Only people born overseas are immigrants, anyone born in Australia is Australian that's the way the world's laws work.
Born here = Australian
Aboriginal born here = decendents of the traditional owners and Australian

I am, you are, we are Australian :perfect:

An ignorant comment :/

Cambridge English Dictionary - indigenous - naturally existing in a place or country rather than arriving from another country.

Sounds like me being born here naturally existing and 99% of the other members on this forum I am guessing.

People just love buying into the lefty shite,they dont seem to be able to help themselves continually playing the victim.

If you were born here in Australia than by the Cambridge English Dictionary you are 100% indigenous well fancy that.

I suppose quoting a dictionary makes me a racist :100:

When I was a kid being a "lefty" was more given to the free love party.

Modern lefties took a much harder turn and oddly went the in almost the perpendicular angle basing everything on group ideology.

Now you can label a cartoon frog racist.

Its a funny old world.

I miss the old hippies, especially now my youthful exuberance has dwindled.

happyenough, piss off with your 'lefty' crap. Right or left, you are Australian regardless. "From on all the lands on earth we come". As residents of this land there is much to be proud of, but spare me the wrapping yourself in the flag crap. Face facts. This country was settled by an invading force, who cared sod all for the original people.
There are some who appreciate the wrongs done in the white settlement of this country, and then there are the ones who through ignorance deny any genocide or land theft.
The original people of this country were expected to just assimilate and die out, and how dare they stand up for their rights to be themselves and to have any claim to the land that they occupied for thousands of years.
The bone ignorance of some of the rednecks on this forum leaves me breathless, and F--- what the Cambridge Dictionary says.

OldGt like many, you probably had some form of moral justice in your youth, and like so many of your peers you lost that and were bought off by the system. Every man has his price, and yours must have been pretty low.

Latest posts