What is a Aboriginal today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wager this thread doesn't make 10 posts before earning itself a padlock

1591444887_eatingpopcornemoji.jpg

Attitudes in regard to aboriginality have changed greatly over the years. In the past people of mixed blood were made to feel shame of their ancestry, and some preferred to claim their skin colour to be due to Indian influence in their family past. This is a shameful part of our history, and fortunately people of mixed race now feel pride in their family tree rather than the white pressured shame of the past. Why should people of colour regardless of pigment depth have to answer to white bigots as to what percentage of aboriginal blood flows in their veins? If these people have a sense of pride in their ancestry, then good on them, and no white 'honky' has the right to stick their bigoted noses in. None of their business.

I don't see colour
I will judge a man on his mud wrestling abilities alone.
Nothing more, nothing less

Jeez!Outback...That took some reading! :playful: I think the Three Part Definition is about as fair a way of determining Aboriginality as you could get.
After all there has to be 'some way' of determination.I think for those undergoing problems in proving Aborignality it must be a terrible stress on them...on the other hand I see where just 'identifying' as such is not really going to stand up in the courts and for that matter in applying for special entitlements etc. there is an element of those who are all about benefiting from the public purse.In saying all that I certainly would not like to be a judge making deliberations in these cases,or a poor bugger trying to prove it. :|

reefer said:
Jeez!Outback...That took some reading! :playful: I think the Three Part Definition is about as fair a way of Aboriginality as you could get.After all there has to be 'some way' of determination.I think for those undergoing problems in proving Aborignality it must be a terrible stress on them...on the other hand I

Thanks Reefer for reading it , shame those who previously posted didn't bother .

There are only so much $ Funds that a society can help , that money needs to go to real Aboriginals .

jack

Real aboriginals? So are you the judge of who exactly fits that category? And who exactly are you, that you can talk about 'real Aboriginals'? Some mongrel bred 'whitey' with tickets on himself. Get real.

I will leave this alone until I can think
of a response properly worded.

I have a reason so bear with me.

I will just put it the way it is.

I am tracing my history and it appears that
there is Aboriginal heritage in my family.

Does not worry me but is is a hard thing to prove by
paperwork as things happened in the past that have
been covered up.

I have always had a connection to the land we live in.

It is a personal thing to me.
And proud of it.

Just keep your comments low key as this is a contentious

issue and people can get hurt real easy OK. :Y: :Y:

We are all of one stock.
Every living creature on this planet has human DNA.
We all evolved along differing life styles and in differing environments. We all have a right to exist somewhere and humans and all other animals on earth have moved from place to place in search of food and better environmental conditions. We have had conflict with each other during this migration period and fought to preserve our own individual way of life.
Unfortunately it is not human nature to live in peace.

Here is some interesting reading for those with the ability to concentrate for an extended period of time.
https://www1.udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/30years/Rushton-Jensen30years.pdf

Do this test if you are game to find out how dumb you are.
I scored 127

I'm late aboriginal (just born here of the land)
recon here on the rock now you can come back any color aye..... lot of whiteys born here probly confused cause they really really black ;)

Some of the best and worst people I have met and worked with are Aboriginal so the only logical thing to do is take everyone as an individual. There is always a group promoting devision between Australians by race for there own reasons. Some of these people pretend to be virtuous while doing so which I find particularly annoying and others don't.

Unfortunately I think you are correct Adrian,xenophobia of sorts is hard wired consciously or subconsciously into us,this happens in the animal world which inludes us.
Chimps will kill an outsider chimp if introduced into its camp.
chooks will hen peck new arrivals into their chook house.
Even the locals here in my town exhibit this trait,bloody blow in's is the catch cry for new people coming to live here.
And the running joke that it takes 20 years to be accepted into a community ,these are all forms of an inbuilt fear of others.
One would think that in time evolution would help dissipate these fears,I fear that it's set in our DNA concrete.
Hopefully our big enormous human brains will one day over ride this genetic fault.

I feel I should say at this point...or at least clarify my previous post with regard to Outback's original post.That is that I did not see the post as being in anyway shape or form to be detrimental or demeaning of the Aboriginal cause, or as being racist or xenophobic with regard to anyone, but rather (if you take the time to read and understand the link he included)an expose on how the Law applies to those claiming to be of Aboriginal descent.He then expressed an opinion that suggested there were a lot of 'whiteys' out there who are claiming to be aboriginal in order that they might find financial gain and thus defrauding all of us...Black and White...or words to that effect.
For the record, I stand in complete solidarity with the Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islanders in their quest for justice and equality before the Law. I look forward to the day that their peoples have 'meaningful' input at the floor of the Parliament and to a time where we all meet and greet each other on Equal Terms and as the brothers and sisters that we are. That means that we need to be open and frank with each other. It certainly does not mean that we should rush to 'point the finger...or the bone' and 'label' each other as a 'that or this'.

Outback said:
Outback said:
reefer said:
Jeez!Outback...That took some reading! :playful: I think the Three Part Definition is about as fair a way of Aboriginality as you could get.After all there has to be 'some way' of determination.I think for those undergoing problems in proving Aborignality it must be a terrible stress on them...on the other hand I

Thanks Reefer for reading it , shame those who previously posted didn't bother .

There are only so much $ Funds that a society can help , that money needs to go to real Aboriginals .

jack

I did read it Jack. Nearly 20 years ago when the paper first came out. Your assertion that "this is what the government thinks" is wrong by two decades and six elections. It's a political football that has been kicked around numerous times since then.

Two party politics is a political football.... otherwise we would be seeing lots of previous decisions being recinded after each and every election that see's political power change hands......... just sayin :eek:

White coffee is still coffee :D

Mrs S just corrected me by sayin

"No matter how much milk you put in your coffee, it's still coffee ! "

Latest posts