What do you do for work ....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take care of trees, addressing the clients needs as well as the trees, pruning as to Australian standards reducing there hazard to the public/infrastructure and creating them into much needed habitat for all of our hollow and arboral dependent Fauna.
Looking at getting into more of the habitat creation and environmental work.

Me? Was a cop for about ten minutes many years ago... Went on to become a paramedic, over 30 years in Vic. Knew a lot of VicPol.

Questions that only policemen should ask ,... just quoting my dear old Dad ( meaning it's a question that someone might not want to answer)( yet an answer could be forced if asked by a policeman)(ha). :p
I just assumed it was a quote everybody was savvy with Wolfy. :D

I think it was the irony that prompted me ,... asking a policemans question of a policeman. :p :lol:

Bro, take your pills and have a lie down lol.

No i never heard that saying that i can recall, or maybe i did and forgot. I cant remember if i forgot, or not.

Atlantis said:
I take care of trees, addressing the clients needs as well as the trees, pruning as to Australian standards reducing there hazard to the public/infrastructure and creating them into much needed habitat for all of our hollow and arboral dependent Fauna.
Looking at getting into more of the habitat creation and environmental work.

tree hugher? :)
:p :lol:

30 years in security industry, Locksmith been self employed for past 10 years. Multiple business on the go from Transport, Security to Health Care. B&B cover about 3rd of Vic. Don't get any holidays just manage to pull a few days here & there lucky I enjoy it. Had a crack on the rail Tie Gang in my 20's hard yakka but great work.

We have a guy local that gathers seed for regeneration of the hyways... $15,000 for a 20 ltr drum of mixed localy sourced seed that he collects.. :eek:
SneakyCuttlefish said:
Third gen Seedsman.

Buying, selling, processing and exporting seed all over the world. Dollars down so the market's damn good. Only problem is now that we are so busy I don't have time to go digging very often.

I would have liked to be an Irish Diesel Fitter like Mick.

Default: Irish diesel fitter

"Paddy and Mick were both laid off, so they went to the unemployment
office.
When asked his occupation, Paddy answered, 'Knicker Stitcher.. I sew da
elastic onto ladies' knickers and thongs. The clerk looked up Knicker
Stitcher on his computer and, finding it classified as unskilled labour,
he gave him 80 a week unemployment pay.
Mick was next in and when asked his occupation replied, 'Diesel Fitter.'
Since a diesel fitter was a skilled job, the clerk gave Mick 160 a week.
When Paddy found out he was furious. He stormed back into the office to
find out why his friend and co-worker was collecting double his pay.
The clerk explained, 'Knicker Stitchers are unskilled labour and Diesel
Fitters are skilled labour.'
'What skill?' yelled Paddy. 'I sew da elastic on da knickers and thongs,
then Mick puts 'em over his head and says: 'Yep, diesel fitter.'"

However, I was a banker, owned a couple of pizza shops, long term beekeeper and did a few other things along the way.

Apparently Clive Palmer as we the tax payer are going to foot the bill for his workers entitlements . What the !!ck. I'm all for workers receiving there entitlements as we should always be paid what were due but the big fat bastard still has millions and probably won't have to pay a cent of his own money to people he owes it to . This country's !!!ked up big time.

Clive doesnt earn enough - you havent been listening to him have you :cool: Thats what happens when your on the bottom rung ...... realistically, you pay for everything. If you cant hide your income or move it overseas then you end up being the Tax Bunny!

Anyway Bjay, bit off topic here . . . . . . . . .

Me i worked 20 years with a government agency, got shafted, quit. Studied Conservation and Land Management, also Accounting, at Tafe. Had a few very casual jobs the past few years.
This week was offered my dream job, only casual, but its a start, working for a privately owned nature conservation group. Start next Wednesday, i cant believe i will get paid to go out bush!
C.
:lol:

Latest posts