What are your other hobbies??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kayak fishing , boating , home brewing , cheese making , flying light aircraft and camping have replaced Aussie rules football and Amateur boxing as the years have gone by.

Cheers

This question has come up from time to time before.

I used to be a keen fisherman, but not so much now. Like Jaros and others, I am interested in ham radio (VK2EF). Cooking is also a big interest, as demonstrated on the Today I cooked thread.

I enjoy singing and was until recently chairman of the board of the Goulburn Regional Conservatorium. I am a bad guitar player, and really should play the thing more often. I have been focusing on the singing for the last 5 years or so.

Other interests include politics, climate change (I am a skeptic) and current affairs.

I'm building a 1:84 model replica of the China Tea Clipper "Cutty Sark"

1475035563_unknown.jpg

At the moment mine does not look as romanic as the pic but more like a half organised pile of sticks :8

Smoky bandit said:
Detecting. .....fishing.......spearfishing......hunting archery and guns....gardening.....44...And camping....just to mention the main hobbies....My wife always has the shits with me..lol ;)

Pretty well summed up my hobbies in your post but to extend the list there's travel, golf, motorbikes, photography,drones, surfing, mycology.

Scary thing is the list just grows each year. Well atleast I'll never be bored :D

Smoky bandit said:
Detecting. .....fishing.......spearfishing......hunting archery and guns....gardening.....44...And camping....just to mention the main hobbies....My wife always has the shits with me..lol ;)

Yea pretty much the same only not the spearfishing I'd rather bush than water lol.
Oh nearly forgot depleting the bank funds doing it that's a hobby as well lol :lol:

Pretty much live and breathe detecting when not working, with electric guitar playing (by ear) and guitar pedal collecting fitting somewhere between detecting outings. Also don't mind scouring country antique shops for the odd coin, relic or pocket watch. :)

If it exists, its a hobby of mine :) I love doing and having a go at everything. I tend to play lots with original designs / concepts / machinery etc, oldschool, but have had some 3d modelling and mapping for games in the past. Stick lots to hands on fun now rather than sitting at a pc. Can't have a hobby which doesn't involve fire ;)

Besides detecting, I enjoy gardening - really love growing a variety of veg and it's even better now that my son is almost 3 and really enjoys getting out there with me. I have to keep a close eye on him though otherwise he starts ripping shite out of the garden - he destroyed a good half of my tomato seedlings recently. I'm also into weight lifting, not so much for the aesthetics (zyzz!) but more the stress relief of being a parent, things like deadlifts really allow you to get the stress out of your system and it became my alternative to drinking.

I use to be big into gaming and computers, games like Everquest back in the day and WoW, but as the years have gone on I've found myself wanting less and less to do with computers and the net in general

fishing salt water, playing guitar ( crappy singer), coins and bank notes when I can afford it. Caravaning and Gardening.

Just being alive and not sick is a great hobby if you can manage it !!!

GT :)

Fishing, lure making,bit of a prepper, not like yank doomsday prepper though, more realistic. Like to read up on defence issues(ex soldier) and in my free time, partial to a bit of navel gazing on the couch. Rate myself as a bit of a cook.....a messy cook.
My outside table tonight.
1475057823_img_20160928_194357.jpg

Hunting, shooting, kayaking, fishing, camping, bushcraft, blacksmithing, curing meat, cider making, 4wd, and tinkering/restoring/repurposing

Recently bought a property that will remain completely off grid, so that is creating new interests in alternative energies, permaculture and the like.

Seems a bit of a theme with all the outdoors activities. :D

Time with kids n grandkids is the best hobby.

Along with camping, fishing etc I love to cook. Smoked foods being a favourite but I love all the "back to basics" stuff. Bread making, jams, sauces, pickles, ham, bacon, jerky...
I grew up in the bush so hunting was in there. Did pistol shooting for a few years, played ice hockey, motorbikes...

Latest posts