Emotional Highjackers & Other Oxygen Thieves

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Digger58. Sorry mate, I hadn't checked back on the thread so I only just saw your question. No, I'm not a writer but thanks for the compliment.

I guess like a lot of people though I am interested in the Half-Science Psychology. I think my greatest enemy to prospecting is Ego. I find I am always struggling with the inner voice telling me to strap on a small coil and come back with some fly shite "color" just to get on the board, but I know I'll never be truly happy knowing that I have easy access to the GT and may be missing something bigger/ deeper. I always remember a trout fisherman telling me once about trying his hardest to catch a trout with no luck, no matter which fly he used. So he figured that maybe they weren't feeding so he'd try a different tact and see if he could get a territorial response with a lure, as that sometimes worked with an aggressive fish. That didn't work either, so he tied a fly on the line with another line coming from it with a small fish shaped lure on the end, so when it went through the water it looked like a little critter trying to escape from a little fish that wanted to eat it. It immediately worked he said, with the nice trout that he caught having obviously swum past the little "fish" to take the food that it thought it was trying to get. That still amazes me to this day when I think about it. It's the exact same Psychology that brings so many people undone in their life, with getting caught up with making other peoples wants their own goals. :)

We are complex, and yet simple at the same time, us hairless apes.
hey....im offended......i have hair...

Latest posts