What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been up to check the Trail Cam, hoping to catch some wildlife movement in the undergrowth as there are obvious trails and grass arches, but it appearswe have a problem with cats.PICT0002.JPG
PICT0149.JPG

On the left of the first photo there is a darker flat piece of bark, behind this is an arch in the grass where there has been some small animal movement, but it looks like the cats have followed the sent to this little flat open area unfortunately. Interesting that is different cats but similar time in the morning.

Might be time for some traps.

We are visiting my son in Melbourne for a few days…nice view from his apartment
View attachment 6362View attachment 6363

True example of beauty being in the eyes of the beholder 🤔 😂😂 This is my scenery 👍 the other is "get me outta here" Sorry Nucopia, no ill intent bloke I assure you just the stark contrast hit me like a ton of bricks. I lived Melbourne for 30+ years. Well I shouldn't really use the word lived, existed would be more appropriate as I'm now living 👍

20210805_132510.jpg

Just been up to check the Trail Cam, hoping to catch some wildlife movement in the undergrowth as there are obvious trails and grass arches, but it appearswe have a problem with cats.View attachment 6382
View attachment 6383

On the left of the first photo there is a darker flat piece of bark, behind this is an arch in the grass where there has been some small animal movement, but it looks like the cats have followed the sent to this little flat open area unfortunately. Interesting that is different cats but similar time in the morning.

Might be time for some traps.

Exterminate ASAP

I took this morning off to do some work.

View attachment Vitron Fault.mp4

The new Victron solar controller packed it in yesterday. It supplies power to the fan that keeps clean air supply into the Honda on Goldilocks. I had to vacuum out the engine bay and air cleaner and then bypass the fault.

Flat.jpg

Then I had to replace the flat inside tyre on the truck. It's been flat for a while but each time I looked at it it seemed too hard.

Right now I'm recovering with a cup of tea :)

I took this morning off to do some work.

View attachment 6386

The new Victron solar controller packed it in yesterday. It supplies power to the fan that keeps clean air supply into the Honda on Goldilocks. I had to vacuum out the engine bay and air cleaner and then bypass the fault.

View attachment 6387

Then I had to replace the flat inside tyre on the truck. It's been flat for a while but each time I looked at it it seemed too hard.

Right now I'm recovering with a cup of tea :)

MB I believe the victron load terminal has a load voltage disconnect to prevent the battery from running down to low ? That may be the issue here as have never had an issue with a Victron unit especially only a few days old ? Not 100% on your set up but there are a few parameters that will make the controller disconnect load terminals.
Now I'm just the dumb novice here bloke and apparently a few here know much more than I but just thought I would offer it up. Don't put it in the bin is all I'm saying Cheers

MB I believe the victron load terminal has a load voltage disconnect to prevent the battery from running down to low ? That may be the issue here as have never had an issue with a Victron unit especially only a few days old ? Not 100% on your set up but there are a few parameters that will make the controller disconnect load terminals.
Now I'm just the dumb novice here bloke and apparently a few here know much more than I but just thought I would offer it up. Don't put it in the bin is all I'm saying Cheers

I suspected something like that and I knew the battery was faulty so I took the battery out of Zimba and gave a slow charge overnight.

Zimba.jpg

First thing I did was replace the battery so that eliminated the low voltage issue.

Exterminate ASAP
My heart says 'Yes' but these may be domestics with irresponsible owners so need to check for microchips first.

Being new in town, not a good idea to alienate the locals particularly when one wants to do things like a series of annual conservation burns starting next winter, need them onside so we can burn a bigger area for native re-generation.

Know one who will object as he's built right on the boundary above the neighbour, boundary is on top of a rock bluff so he'd better have built fire-proof. Sense he's been pulling strings with council to get this build approved, boss of a Gov Dept... typical!! Put the wind up the idiot 🤣
🤣🤣🤣

Why you think they'll find where you buried the chip? Around here irresponsible owner's cats don't last long. We don't have enough wild life around here to allow those predators to roam free. Just think of those little tunnels in the grass that will most likely never be used again. You don't have to advertise your good deed.

I just got up from an early afternoon snooze. It was a beautiful morning outside.

Gidji.jpg

The bush is thick with the beautiful Gidgee blossoms and the sky has just the right mix of blue and white. I was out early and headed north to try my luck getting a few more fish for the pond.

Quartz.jpg

While I had the fish traps in the water I checked out a nearby block of vacant crown land. It had plenty of quartz with a scattering of iron hotrocks and plenty of iron with a scattering of quartz.

Iron.jpg

Not a lot of gold that I could find. I found a little quartz crystal and a 2.8d bit.

Quartz2.jpg

I think these are rare because I've never had one turn up in the goldfields. For something so light it really screams on the GPX6000.

2.8d.jpg

I only got two fish but I had a great morning out.

I got a bit sunburned because instead of my usual Curasol sunscreen I grabbed the new tube from in the truck. After splashing on the clear solution I read the label. It said "keep safe", it did nothing to prevent sunburn but I didn't come home with a Covid infection 😂

Well here we are after two long years, four Covid vaccinations and two weeks out from Xmas and it’s hit the missus hard, f….kin Covid.
Might have been harder otherwise, although my doc says that the first four vaccinations are rather ineffective on the latest strain (he said to wait the next vaccine version which will take it into account). Much the same story as the flu vaccine - they try to guess which 3 or 4 versions of flu will be prevalent and use a mix that covers them only - if another flu version turns up instead you have little protection. Guess we have to live with covid the same way (1076 Australians died of flu in 2019).

But heart disease gets most of us.

Moderna is claiming an mRNA cancer vaccine that reduces melanoma deaths from recurrence or mets by 44% (after removal).

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-63959843

Latest posts