What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to head up north Camping So I'm sorting my cold weather gear for the trip, It's winter here now and tonight is the first cold night of this Winter, It's about -4*c at the moment, and up north it will -11* this week so it's starting to cool down,

It sounds like you are heading the wrong way 🥶

Nucopia, I would wax it. Natural and will bring outthe colour. Use 0000 steelwool to rub it in. Mackka
I used bees wax on this old huon pine piece we found in a pile of rubbish left behind by the previous owners of a house we bought on Kangaroo Island, it must have been in the elements for years but it came up a treat 20221208_175009.jpg

It’s been high 30C’s here last few days and a mate has taken his wife to Tasmania for a couple of weeks. I think he had the right idea. Mackka
I noticed that they forcast 37 for Brissie today Mackka, I said to Miss Kay, "I can't remember it getting that hot when I lived there in the early/mid 80s, maybe it was because I was young and didn't notice the heat so much.🤸‍♂️

I noticed that they forcast 37 for Brissie today Mackka, I said to Miss Kay, "I can't remember it getting that hot when I lived there in the early/mid 80s, maybe it was because I was young and didn't notice the heat so much.🤸‍♂️
Hey Dave don't think it got anywhere near 37 today but yesterday was a stinker. Thanks to aircon we survived 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 Cheers

Just settling in for a coffee after a 670km round trip today checking out the Murray River floods, visited Blanchetown, Waikerie, Barmera, Kingston on Murray, Berri, Renmark, Paringa, Swan Reach and Mannum. Long day nearly 11 hours but a great insight into what’s going on, spoke to lots of locals. We will cover the same ground in May next year and looking forward to seeing the rejuvenated wetlands and lagoons.
I will download and post some photos tomorrow, a little limited due to any road closures.

Wanted to see what is possibly a once in a lifetime event Maccka, authorities are struggling to give an accurate peak height and when it will actually occur. We went to places where I have photographed the river in the past so we can make some comparisons. The river is not far off the 1974 flood heights and if the anticipated 220 gigalitres a day flow hits we could hit the 1956 floods which were catastrophic.

been building levey banks for the last 2 weeks done the one at kingston, couple at loxton few days off now trying to pack house up for retirement 10 working days to go warrhoo!!😛😛
Good on ya Flatlander & congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy!

Crikey Jacko, no stopping ya on the hunt now mate.
Let us know when you’re settled in WA... would love to come visit.
Good luck to you and the digger on your retirement 👍

It sounds like you are heading the wrong way 🥶
It's gets dark here in winter at around 4pm and I knocked off working at about 8pm it was -4* when I came indoors and I have been working on a massive WWII Air Raid Shelter about 5 metres under ground pumping out about 5ft of water and just as I was finishing up I heard this Plop and my 2 Cell phones fell out of my inside pocket straight in the water, so that was an expensive day,,

Oh well such is life, :(

It's gets dark here in winter at around 4pm and I knocked off working at about 8pm it was -4* when I came indoors and I have been working on a massive WWII Air Raid Shelter about 5 metres under ground pumping out about 5ft of water and just as I was finishing up I heard this Plop and my 2 Cell phones fell out of my inside pocket straight in the water, so that was an expensive day,,

That's no good but if you're into iPhones our iPhone 12 is waterproof. We've tried to take underwater photos but as soon as the camera goes below water lever it shuts it off. The only thing is that the charge port has to be dried out to recharge.

I have heard that if you place them in a tub of dry rice for a day, that will get the water out.

They fell in to about 300/350mm of water, I grabbed one but once the silt was disturbed it took a couple of minutes to find the second one,

The up side is I have a huge under ground storage area complete with Twin Blast proof doors,
I have heard that if you place them in a tub of dry rice for a day, that will get the water out.
Thanks I will give that a go, The one that was under water longest seems to work but the other one keeps having a fit,
Just wrap'em up in a nappy for 48 hours to a week depending on how long it was submerged. Obviously sit the phone upright, the crystals will absorb the moisture.
Thanks RM I will see if the neighbour has any coz they have little kiddies

After 2 days working out in Sub Zero Temps I could not get warmed up last night, I couldn't wear any cold weather gear because of the lack of space, I went to bed about midnight and I was still awake at 05:30, so I never woke up til 12:00 mid day.

It got down to -6* here last night and was -4.3 in the Van and up north they say its going to be -13*c and with the wind chill that will drop to -23.5*c So it looks like this could be a bad Winter for some.

Last edited:

Latest posts