West Australia related

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woomera said:
Nightjar said:
We have not been able to send or receive emails since yesterday.
Our email accounts are with iinet/westnet.
Any one else having problems and do they why?
Absolutely useless trying to contact them by phone, as usual end up in either India or Asia?

iinet is cactus right now
https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3qr1w686

Many thanks for that Woomera, thought only WA was affected?
It would improve their liking greatly if they let their customers know by posting on media platforms?

Nightjar said:
We have not been able to send or receive emails since yesterday.
Our email accounts are with iinet/westnet.
Any one else having problems and do they why?
Absolutely useless trying to contact them by phone, as usual end up in either India or Asia?
Try Aussie broadband , bloody brilliant service.

People all over social media up in arms about it Nightjar.

This is on their website:

Website Offline

Due to extreme weather events in WA, iiNet.net.au is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please check back later.

I am also impacted in Melbourne, but I must admit this is the first time that I have noticed an outage in 15+ years, BUT I only noted it this time because of this post on the forum, and it could have happened in the past.

Rob P.

Never mind the Internet in WA... Power is more important as the net needs Power, and with none Yesterday, things are only going to get worse... A sign of the times... :argh:

LW...

Rightly so LW and in the back of my mind sprang Alinta Energy. One of two of the largest power suppliers in Australia owned by a Chinese Consortium. Yep we owned it and sold it to them just like the Darwin Port lease. Best Wishes for the future of Australian power.
Mackka

So iinet/westnet don't use Power ? Funny how its both on the same day... Just saying.. :playful:

Thanks for that Mackka..... Im changing Power Company's on Tuesday if thats the case... They have been good to me too... :/

LW...

Check out Solar Flares which can affect the internet coming from satellites more than we imagine, most know very little how the Sun Spots & flares stuff up satellites with electro-magnetic waves, I'm in NSW & had spotty internet 3-4 days ago & sure enough we got hit by a flare around the 25th, can also affect power grids.

There were multiple areas & suburbs of Perth that were affected by blackouts over the last few day, apparently due to the heat (44 yesterday). The iiNet may or may not have been related.

While it seems that the Iinet services are back online, it also seems like they are bogged down due to the 2 days of pending Email transaction requests. I got a couple of Emails an hour or so ago, but no more action since then and I know I have other incoming Emails.

Rob P.

PabloP,
Thought the wait was over also. Received a self sent email and nothing else has arrived. :playful:
We are all doomed with the rapidly heating planet, at least we will be able to migrate to the Antarctica after all the ice melts, if we don't don our boots we'll be carted off to hospital to remove another diamond out of our feet. (Well that is what I have been told by a person who read from another source.)

Latest posts