Victorian Government Response to Victorian Environmental Assessment Councils (VEAC) Investigation into additional prospecting areas in parks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps it's best to know what we're dealing with from the Victorian National Parks Association to know how to respond in our submissions. Here is their submission regarding prospecting that they submitted in June 2018, in case you missed it.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/13534/1537100670_victorian_national_parks_association_submission_june_2018.pdf

And I have 4 questions now:
How many culturally significant Aboriginal artefacts have you removed?
How many 1 cubic metre holes have you dug while prospecting?
How many rare and/or endangered orchid tubers have you dug up?
And how many illegal tracks have you constructed in National Parks?

Just received by email

Closing date extended for submissions
The closing date for submissions on the Central West Investigation Draft Proposals Paper has been extended from 31 October to Monday 10 December 2018, giving people more time to prepare a written submission.

The decision to provide extra time follows VEAC holding a number of well attended public dropin events throughout the investigation area in which community members requested more time to consider the information supplied and to develop their submissions.
All submissions will be taken into account in the preparation of VEAC's final recommendations which will be submitted to government in 2019.

Does anyone here have the knowledge and ability to research the following ;

Regarding the intention of VEAC , or the people pulling their strings , is it possible that their true intentions are to "create" national parks which they can use to claim carbon credits for , or claim it for credits to comply with the Kyoto protocols and obtain environmental accreditation without actually doing anything tangible to improve the environment ?

There are real things which can reduce CO2 and other pollutants such as cutting back on coal fired power stations , improving vehicle emissions standards , reducing industrial pollutants through technological innovations etc.

Is environmental accreditation the true nature of the conspiracy here ?

If so , someone needs to get a quiet tap on the shoulder and answer some questions about integrity.

Rita Bently of PMAV just posted this on the BUGU Facebook page.

URGENT - Members of VEAC have agreed to attend a meeting of the Melbourne Branch of the PMAV. Anyone affected by the potential closure of more forests in the Central West to recreational or commercial activities is urged to attend. Spread the word.
The meeting is being held at All Saints Anglican Church Hall Mitcham this coming Tuesday 20th November 2018 from 7pm until 9.30 pm. Tea and coffee will be provided.

If ANYONE can find the time, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE attend.

Patrick1 said:

URGENT - Members of VEAC have agreed to attend a meeting of the Melbourne Branch of the PMAV. Anyone affected by the potential closure of more forests in the Central West to recreational or commercial activities is urged to attend. Spread the word.
The meeting is being held at All Saints Anglican Church Hall Mitcham this coming Tuesday 20th November 2018 from 7pm until 9.30 pm. Tea and coffee will be provided.

Yep

I put a post on this up in Clubs & Groups

They probably think that on a weeknight in Melbourne they wont get many show up ........ :power: :power: :power:

BigWave said:
I have it in my calendar and will attend.
Would be good if those who plan to attend consolidate their questions under BUGU.
Anyone else?

Havent been able to get to any rallys yet , as I look after my mother full time , but from a numbers point of view
I will ge going ..! :Y:

magneticsand said:
Trash said:

They probably think that on a weeknight in Melbourne they wont get many show up ........ :power: :power: :power:

Why Mitcham of all places?

The reason Mitcham is the chosen meeting place is because that's where the Melbourne branch of the PMAV was formed way back in the 90's (I was there) when Miners Den was situated on Whitehorse Rd. Mind you I think the church will be overflowing (I hope so) and when I saw the call for numbers I wondered what the venue might be. If it is well attended I think it'll run a bit later than 9.30.

I'd love to come along but I do have a 4am start on the Wednesday, so if it does finish on time I'll be lucky to have 4&1/2 hours kip. I'll see how I feel after Tuesday and make my decision then.

Won't make it to Mitcham by 7pm on a weeknight.
That's a hell trip of over an hour through peak hour traffic, leaving straight after work for me. :bomb:

RM Outback said:
magneticsand said:
Trash said:

Why Mitcham of all places?

The reason Mitcham is the chosen meeting place is because that's where the Melbourne branch of the PMAV was formed way back in the 90's (I was there) when Miners Den was situated on Whitehorse Rd. Mind you I think the church will be overflowing (I hope so) and when I saw the call for numbers I wondered what the venue might be. If it is well attended I think it'll run a bit later than 9.30.

I'd love to come along but I do have a 4am start on the Wednesday, so if it does finish on time I'll be lucky to have 4&1/2 hours kip. I'll see how I feel after Tuesday and make my decision then.

Thank you for the answer. It makes sense, I just assumed wrongly, that the cbd or Ballarat would be where stuff like this was hosted.

Got a reply today from Ms Amanda Stajewski, Victorian Environmental Assessment Council, from the submission i put in. Really suprised me.

Its not much of a reply, but all the same a reply

''' Thank you for your submission to the Victorian Environmental Assessment
Council.

Your submission will be taken into account by Council during the next stage
of the investigation.

You can keep informed about the progress of the investigation on VEAC's
website www.veac.vic.gov.au

Yours sincerely,

Ms Amanda Stajewski
Business Manager
Victorian Environmental Assessment Council
GPO Box 527, Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: (03) 9637-9902
Email: [email protected] ''''

Patrick1 said:

Reminder to those closer to Melbourne , this is on tonight 20th Nov.

This doesnt just affect Prospecting in some areas of the bush , anyone that goes to the bush for a day trip , collect firewood , motorbikes , 4WDs , family picnic , or just a walk .

Latest posts