Bush Users Group United

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Redfin . Roothy is pretty well informed and knowledgable on this sort of thing. And he is an old miner by trade.

Bigwave, that link is subscriber only. Are you able to copy and paste the text ,at all ,please ?

Thanks.

FOZ

A great turn out today, and I was fortunate and very glad to be part of it. A lovely sunny day Melbourne put on for us, which was a bonus! I was a bit late to catch the start of the march, but it gave me the opportunity to catch this shot as I arrived and joined in.

1566904032_bugu_march2.jpg

I was standiing up the front and there was a very vocal protester there, who was letting everyone know what he thought of being shut out of the bush... His owner kept telling him to tone it down while the speeches were on buddy... I thought he was doing a great job!

1566904152_vocal_protestor.jpg

The young girl making the speech was terrific, with her little sister, dad, mum and Shetland pony there.

1566904225_12_year_old_speaker.jpg

Rita made a good speech.
1566904265_rita.jpg

And the cattleman...
1566904298_cattleman.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't stay til the end, I just took an extra hour on my lunch to go and had to get back to work. But well worth the time and effort to be there.
Congrats to the organisers, and I was pleased to see the trucks parked down the street!

I grabbed one more of the crowd before I left, and noticed someone left a final word for the pollies on the wall in the lift well at the Parliament station. :D

1566904485_crowd.jpg

1566904510_sign.jpg

Well done to all who made it - it was a good day for Bush Users - united we stood!

Cheers,
Megsy

Redfin said:
Roothy was on radio talkback this morning, 3AW and didn't come across very well, seemed uninformed.
The peeps who rang in response did much better.

Yeah the way Roothy came across told me he should have stayed home :N: whoever assigned him as the mouth piece didn't think it through properly. I got through to speak with Neil Mitchell and after 1/2 hour waiting was told he wasn't taking any more calls 8.( when I get home tomorrow I'll pen him an email to see if we can get another mention at a minimum. Kate Bec and Clancy made the journey down to it and said it was well received but thought there would be more people, haven't heard any official numbers.

Well done to everyone who made the effort to show up :clap: :clap: :power: :trophy: sorry I wasn't able to support you at the rally but rest assured I am contacting MP's to add to the public voice.

just starting said:
Thanks, Redfin . Roothy is pretty well informed and knowledgable on this sort of thing. And he is an old miner by trade.

FOZ

He may well be knowledgeable and an old miner but he didn't come across well in the interview.
Maybe a bit like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Just listened to the podcast. He didn`t really explain the issues very well. Talked more about city loving academics hating country people than the politics and reasons why we oppose closing the bush up by changing it`s status. He`s passionate ,but needed to tell Neil Mitchell and the listeners why the BUGU was there in the first place.

Any media coverage in Sydney on this issue ?

Bugga about dealing with the taxman but it does leave the door open for the next few weeks looking forward to that.And the sign certainly had your passion best bit of graffiti ive seen for awhile.Looking forward to your next adventure before you have to face the wedding
Pagan P

Well done to everyone who turned up and especially to the hard working organisers. I thought it was much better than the first Melbourne protest. However I think more should have been there and
lets not pat ourselves on the back at this stage as it is going to be a long struggle. Lets build further from here with our numbers and opposition.

I think if it was held on the weekend ,more of us would have attended .

But , well done to the people who could and did go .

FOZ

BigWave said:
Not many pollies or on-lookers there on the weekends though?
The message would have been lost.

Pete with the VCC Box and Ironbark report back in the late 90's early 20's the PMAV held a rally on the Saturday in Bendigo that was well attended and received by the pollies who supported our fight. So to do the same with the VEAC report in Melbourne I don't see any problem I'm sure the pollies who are supporting us would make time to attend. After all if they truly support us it's in their best interests to attend it would only require a bit of pre planning and communication with them to make it happen. If the pollies are there it will get media attention.

Definitely worth looking into a weekend rally in my opinion, would be a great opportunity for families to add to the numbers attending. Not that we won't to use children but I can guarantee you our grandchildren love getting amongst it with us in the bush no matter what where doing. This is as much about their future use as it is ours at present.

RM, I was a member of the PMAV in the ealy eighties but left because it became political. Rejoined a few years back because I felt they needed the numbers, but then discovered some of the 'movers and shakers' in the PMAV were actually paid up members of a political party who actively used the PMAV to campaign against the incumbent government. Pretty stupid when the pundits predicted that the government would be returned. So now these mental giants have to go cap in hand to the government, saying, " look I know we actively campaigned against you and encouraged PMAV membership to do likewise, but can you please forget that and see your way clear to accede to our wishes?'
Haa!!!!! As if. Fair dinkum... Half a brain and these people would be dangerous.

I agree with a weekend rally. All you need is the TV media to attend and you get widespread exposure. Even better would be an organised competent speaker representing us Prospectors speaking with the media. Media are always looking for news stories to sell their papers, to have the population watch their TV channels and listen to their radio stations.

Dignit said:
I agree with a weekend rally. All you need is the TV media to attend and you get widespread exposure. Even better would be an organised competent speaker representing us Prospectors speaking with the media. Media are always looking for news stories to sell their papers, to have the population watch their TV channels and listen to their radio stations.

A weekend rally should be considered as it would probably attract more numbers. Also, it is not only Prospectors who are fighting for the cause, it is now other groups involved and that is why BUGU was formed, strength in numbers. The spokesman from, I think the Cattlemens Association, who handed over the petition of some 20,000 signatures to be presented to Parliament that day was an excellent, very powerful speaker who knew his stuff. Wombat will know his name and position and perhaps can let us know. We need more of him and his like up front and also speaking to the media.

MacRob that guy who spoke and presented the petitions was Murry Willaton From the Barmah region speaking on behalf of the horse riding committee up there.

Reg Willson I don't know what planet you came from. But somehow I think you have not landed on this plant as yet. The PMAV was formed as a lobby group right from the word go to protect the right on all prospectors. Including you. I think you should explain yourself there with proof of your actuations :- but then discovered some of the 'movers and shakers' in the PMAV were actually paid up members of a political party who actively used the PMAV to campaign against the incumbent government.

I personally don't belong to any political party but I"m the founder and Coordinator of BUGU fighting for the rights of all. If you think that this government will listen to us without a fight your differently still out there flying around in outer space. Can I ask you what have YOU DONE so far to prevent the closure except bag the people who are trying. Or are you all for the closures ??? You're just sitting on the fence throwing stone at people that are trying to save you and other people's access to the bush. Tuesday's Rally was more than a PMAV day out as you can see by the crowds there. It was people from all walk of life there supporting each other in what they believe in. But I didn't see you there.

Wombat ;)

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSMelbo...STkyNjAwMjU0NzQ4MzMxMzoyMzM5NDE1MzU5NDc1MzUx/

Watched the rally last night on utube as filmed by MG couldnt attend due to commitments but support, well done to all that could and cared
Cheers Booney :Y:

wombat said:
MacRob that guy who spoke and presented the petitions was Murry Willaton From the Barmah region speaking on behalf of the horse riding committee up there.

The PMAV was formed as a lobby group right from the word go to protect the right on all prospectors.

I personally don't belong to any political party but I"m the founder and Coordinator of BUGU fighting for the rights of all. Tuesday's Rally was more than a PMAV day out as you can see by the crowds there. It was people from all walk of life there supporting each other in what they believe in. But I didn't see you there.

Wombat ;)

Thanks Wombat. Murray really knew his stuff inside out and it appeared to me he has experience in dealing with the political system.

I have since found out that he is President of the Barmah Brumby Preservation Group, there Facebook group has formed more than 6000 members in a very short period.

https://www.riverineherald.com.au/@...er-news-for-brumbies-in-flooded-barmah-forest

We need to hear more from him and often.

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSMelbo...STkyNjAwMjU0NzQ4MzMxMzoyMzM5NDE1MzU5NDc1MzUx/

Latest posts