Legislative Council of Victoria Petition

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everybody. I haven't be on for awhile. Been working hard with BUGU and trying to look after everyone interest keeping the bush open. Here is a petition that I would like everyone to support and sign.

Legislative Council of Victoria Petition

This petition has been fully registered with the Legislative Council of Victoria (No 105) to establish a Parliamentary inquiry into public land management. We need at least 10,000 signature from Victorian residents of any age group. Just in case anyone is wondering, this petition has nothing to do with any political party or anything to do with the up coming elections. It is not, "how to vote card". There is not one political party even mentioned on this petition. It is about keeping your bush open for all bush users (including prospecting) It is about how your Bush is being looked after by Government authorities and their decision making regarding Bush use and how it is looked after. It is about the removal of VEAC.

This is what is on the petition :-

The Petition of certain citizens of the State of Victoria draws to the attention of the Legislative Council the need to establish a Parliamentary inquiry into public land management.

The inquiry should investigate
(1) why the policy of changing public land into parks and reserves has failed to deliver the promised environmental improvement, economic benefits and social outcomes; and
(2) why several recommendations of the Bushfires Royal Commission and the Environment and Natural Resources Committees Inquiry into Public Land Management Practices on Bushfires in Victoria have not been implemented, especially those that relate to the lack of adequate fuel reduction burning; and
(3) the effects of current public land management policies on the extent and severity of bushfires, on the environment and adjoining private property.

The Committee should make recommendations to the Government, which should include the:
(1) establishment of a new public land advisory body to replace the narrow focus of the Victorian Environmental Assessment Council. The new advisory body would include representation of recreational and commercial users of public land and the Country Fire Authority; and
(2) the creation of a modern management system that allows for recreational and resource use of public land whilst maintaining environmental safeguards.

As you can see there is not one political part mentioned. !!!
So please down load and print of the petition and get your family and friends to sign and post them back to the address on the bottom of the petition. We have until the 1st Sept 2019 to get them in. So please help us to help you.
wombat ;)
1556357351_ccf02042019_00000.jpg

In a couple of weeks I'm heading down to the East Gippsland area Garfield, Tynong, Bunyip, Maryknoll, Drouin, Longwarry, & Warragul to get out our petitions. These are the areas of our latest Bush Fires this year. So if anyone want to catch up while I'm down there, let me know.
wombat ;)

Latest posts