VEGE PATCH. What's growing in yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the plan RM :Y:
That and frying them up in a :poop: load off butter

1638950621_20211208_190005.jpg

I've had to cancel my order for the U shaped garden bed and have now chosen a new provider who will deliver the first 3 of 7 separate rectangular raised beds this sat. I have all these seedlings growing so well except for the lettuce which is going to seed-toss out or put in a sanga. I've got the mushroom compost and soil waiting to be used-gotta get some vermiculite for water retention. Dynamic Lifter organic soil improver is also here.....I'm sick of waiting for this project to begin. I'll just fill 1 2 or 3 containers first and get some seedlings up and going--whew!!

I had the first 3 of 7 beds arrive at 1000 am today.Still waiting for the other 4 sections to come -next weekend. It's now gunna be an "E"shaped bed system=3 1.5 mtr legs facing the back of the house.
I'm feeling energized again in that I also had Carolyn pick up 10 bags of Dynamic lifter soil improver -smells beautiful. Like a chicken harem!!! Got all the Sugar Cane mulch and filling for the Hugelkulture system to work.
:) :)

silver said:
I can only carry 1 bag of dynamic lifter :eek: your Mrs is amazing.
Carolyn has risen this am and gone straight out the back to cut up the palm fronds into smaller bits to lay across the base of the beds probably a 10 inch layer in each one-we have plenty that have been laying idle in the old pool area. She's a keeper that's for sure. :inlove:

Cant really call them veges but this little fella put 2 out last year after being a seedling the yrar before. Just randomly popped up, thought for sure it was a weed when it was only a cpl inches tall, glad I waited it out.

Pomegranates and fingerlimes this year.

1639550531_img_20211215_173731.jpg

My passionfruit vines are looking better this year with the tree's gone from above them
1641440997_screenshot_20220106-134102_gallery.jpg

And my cold chillie has fruit for seed on it to continue the line(only had that one plant left in my world)
1641441079_screenshot_20220106-134121_gallery.jpg

And my coffee plantation needs to go into long thin pots very soon, as the next step in their progress.
1641441163_screenshot_20220106-134158_gallery.jpg

Not much else happening here, except freezing banana for the future and freezing ripe mango for my chutney(mostly ripe this time instead of green to see if I can enhance a proper mango flavour into the chutney).... want the mango flavour to be strong :drooling: (worth a try) :p

I'm trying to keep the Wattle Birds out of my apricot tree at the moment, the tree is loaded and I don't mind any of the birds having a feed, but they jump from one piece of fruit to the other chewing big holes in em, little buggers have got to learn how to play the game.

Sounds like you need a bird net over it Dave, or even a very light shade cloth net. :Y:
The wild animals never play our game, good at their own though..... they probably realised you don't take the damaged ones, so are allout to damage as many as possibleas quick as they canjust so you leave their apricots alone(bugga's) :eek: