Update on my wife's Breast Cancer Treatment.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaros

In Remembrance Nov. 2023
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife Carolyn has been taking anti Oestrogen tablets since the Radiation treatment ceased a cuppla weeks ago. She began getting headaches last week and spoke to her Oncologist who said to immediately stop the tablets. She did as instructed and the headaches became worse day by day till this morning her left eye looked looked like someone had given her a good right hook to the side of her head. The eye was swollen shut, no bruising and weeping a little. She had seen her GP thru the week who ordered a CAT Scan of her head. It did show up a cyst inside her nose up the back which will be seen too shortly.
Everything in the side effects list seemed to point to the anti Oestrogen tabs.
This morning I was over it and took her to the Mater Priv Hosp. and the waiting room was half full but we were seen by the triage nurse within minutes and the Doctor within 10 mins. He walked in, introduced himself and said straight away-"you've got shingles" we looked at each other and with mouths agape turned to the doc and said "you're joking". He explained that it only affects one side of the face. We were very happy it was nothing more serious.
We left with some pain killers and anti viral tabs very happy to have gone there.
So 1 Oncologist, 1 GP and a hospital doc who knew what he was looking at made us leave a very happy couple.

Jaros, wishing your wife all the best, shingles is a bugger, both my elderly mum and dad (departed) have had it. Hopefully you got onto it early enough and the treatment kicks in quickly.

All the best to Carolyn for a speedy recovery. Our Son in-law was just recently diagnosed with shingles he's only 30 verypainful. From memory was caused from another health problem.

All the best to your wife and you Jaros. I empathise with your wife re the Shingles, I had them in my late 20s. Now that I'm 70 I believe I can get a free vaccine for the shingles. Once I have the C19 one I'll follow up on it. Gonna feel like a pin cushion C19, Fluvax, shingles, lol. :)

My wife has had the residual pain for 5 years now. We hope carolyn can bypass that, all the best .
Jim & robyn . :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

We wish you both a speedy recovery. Life seems to go like that, it kicks you when you're down :(

Last time a doctor told me I had shingles, I just walked out and through the prescription in the bin. I had been bitten by a brown widow spider, I knew 100% and the idiot doctor wouldnt believe me instead insisting it was shingles....idiot! The swelling stayed for about a week or more, but no pain or itching, first 12 hours were really painful though, started with an itch. After about 12 hours I developed hangover type symptoms, had a chunder, and that was it.

I hope all goes well for the sake of both of you Jaros :rainbow:

Surprisingly after being told by the Hosp. Emergency Doc. yesterday that the Shingles infection will only affect 1 side of Carolyn's face it has now spread to the other side as well? I will monitor it closely till tomorrow and if worse take her back.
:(

Our dog Nelson hasn't left her side -even to eat. A neighbour made us a beautiful quiche which due to it's egg content is very good for the Shingles. We have enough for 2 more meals in the fridge. Dogs are amazing, he is laying just outside the bedroom door-he loves her so much.
Tomorrow I see my GP for a Shingles injection just to be on the safe side and if time permits go to Specsavers to find out why my left eye vision is blurred. New glasses time i think. :)

Latest posts