too much redneck?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1455529253_image.jpeg

That's a good heads up Roscoe- man, that Danish Blue would be even better smoked....Yeah Acacias are one of the better woods for flavour. When we used to go up the Cooper catching Yellowbellies we would make a brine so an egg or potato floated, add brown sugar. Soak fish overnight then cold smoke with Coolibah bark- Bewdiful, and they come out bright orange.
Gidgee is the best flavour for cooking, but NFG for "oaking" spirits- the grog comes out bitter. Redgum Rum is/was good though-similar to Bundy Red.

Balmain Bob said:
I dont think that you were red neck. You showed ingenuity using the cardboard box left after over after moving in. Red neck would have been cutting up the wheellie bin then complaining to the local council that it had been nicked by the previous tennant
I wouldn't do that.... I would of just used the neighbours bin and claimed I didn't know anything about it :cool: joking mate I don't know what they put in their bins lol

jamie said:
Apple wood too is great for smoking meats and venison jerky oh don't get me started on how amazing that is

Hmm, might have to organise a deer hunt with the old man & do something about making something to do some jerky with.
Never done it before but was told is was good stuff.

Ozzii, A bloke down your way drop in on occasions and he brings his Sambar jerky. Mate, that Sambar makes a nice jerky, the best i have ever tasted. If i was down your way i would be chasing those Sambar for sure.

I have a heap of Sambar meat in my freezer, any one got a good recipe?

Maaate.. Afew years ago I shot a Red deer- he was full grown and still suckling on his mother.He was big and healthy. I needed a hand to get him on the ute, even once he was gutted! The boss at the time cooked up steaks and his kids reckon it was the nicest "Rump Steak" they ever had. ;) . I minced the odds and sods. Got a heap of yabbies out the dam. Made a meatloaf mix-egg, flour, herbs etc., ...and rolled it up with the cooked yabby meat in the middle. :p

Thanks Tim, that recipe sounds good mate. I never thought of making a meat loaf out of it, but that would be good idea, thanks Roscoe.

Hmm, might have to organise a trip back up to north east Vic soon, got places to hunt with Fallow, Red & Sambar.
I know some very good deer hunting spots so its easy to get one, going to have to get onto the old man & get him to sort something out for making jerky & find some good recipe's.

Latest posts