Forum members generosity makes me shed a tear.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have not been on here for a number of days now, because I didnt know how to express myself.
:/

This Forum seems to be a magnet for amazing people with generous and caring natures,
from the very beginning of joining up, we have been guided and assisted in every way.

Kato has always been respected.

I moderate on another Forum, I am a member of several, but I can truly say that the people here
are outstanding.

Since I posted proudly about Kato's school project where she made some copper bracelets of different styles,
she received the most wonderful compliments from people she and I barely know through the Forum, she has received
several small packages that are to encourage her, and motivate her to go further with her passions.

This is something that I understand, it is an extension of ones own passions, and the desire to be contributing
to a young persons experience in life.

(And strangely (thanks guys) we are organising a rock/mineral/gold hunt at Mt Crawford SA now, for Kato, M1 and M2.)

Before travelling to Ballarat a third member had contacted me to give Kato compliments and offer a gift,
his PM title was titled " Worthy Recipient ", the compliments and thoughts were very nice.

Upon our return from Ballarat he had messaged again to ask about the other kids... how many did we have?
and this is where he astonished Kato and I, he wanted to give a gift to all my children.

A message came thru that he had worked it out and that AusPost would deliver.

Couple of days later we checked the PO Box and Kato brought a small package home to open.....
she found a hand written note.
And this is where I tear up, every time I think of the note, or think of what this man has done, for my children.

Hi Kato

I hope you get many
years of enjoyment out of
these few little stones that
I have passed on to you.
You are now the Guardian
of them for as long as
you wish, and to do whatever
you see fit. The only thing I
ask is that you get 3
more display buttons and put
one piece of gold in it
for each of your sisters.

Cheers T (sorry my writings not great)

1580438432_img_20200131_130310.jpg

I'm sorry as the picture does not do the stones justice.
2x pear shaped zircons 8mm
1x another large zircon (?)
1x small opal
4x small nuggets

Maybe I have an old fashioned soul, but this note spoke to me, and I also explained the significance of the
recognition of her sisters to Kato.

The other girls have participated in the hobby too, but Kato is focused, one of her sisters wants to work with
gemstones and minerals, for 4 years now.

Mr. T had not wanted any of them to miss out or be disappointed in anyway, and they are completely thrilled with
their gifts.
Especially after visiting Sovereign Hill and learning about all that history.

We have enjoyed being part of this community, and God willing we will continue to be for many more years,
Kato is looking forward to making more discoveries and building on her skills.
I think it will be a life long passion for her, and with such a Community to encourage her and advise her,
how could she go wrong.

It is simply inspiring.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

GH, Kato and family.

:)

We had one of our forum members go missing in action.
(They know who they are. LOL )
That person showed what can be done with gut's and determination
what you can do if you set your mind to it.

I stuck my neck out and raised funds to appreciate what to us and
all who gave to at least recognize the sheer determination on what
this person did.

That bought out the best of us.

We are one, But we are many.

That is beautiful.

Thank You for sharing this.

Latest posts