CODAN sent me an Official letter today, even has my name on it too.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
YES, today I recieved an Official letter from Codan, the owners of Minelab detectors.

It relates to some posts I put up starting from here...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/my-705-just-broke-tragedy.27459/page-2#post-639611
Knowing what I posted I immediately consulted my Lawyer that was diligently sitting at my feet waiting to go inside the house,
her opinion was.. "woof !", she is a pretty and Educated young girl.
So knowing that I was legally safe to open the envelope. (while carefully looking for booby traps)
I peered inside, looked carefully for a letter that I didn't want, but only found some bits of rubber, no not those things for protection.

In those posts you can read that I was disappointed about not being able to get replacement parts for Miss 11's Profind 25,
namely the rubber buttons that had perished, probably through lack of use.

Well, that envelope contains a number of new replacement buttons. They came through, and did not forget about a customer.
I think that is worthy of telling everyone, we rarely hear about the positives and the small actions, and yes it is really appreciated by miss 11 too.

I see techs kneeling down under benches and digging through many many old boxes. LOL.

Thanks Minelab, thanks J. 👍🖖

YES, today I recieved an Official letter from Codan, the owners of Minelab detectors.

It relates to some posts I put up starting from here...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/my-705-just-broke-tragedy.27459/page-2#post-639611
Knowing what I posted I immediately consulted my Lawyer that was diligently sitting at my feet waiting to go inside the house,
her opinion was.. "woof !", she is a pretty and Educated young girl.
So knowing that I was legally safe to open the envelope. (while carefully looking for booby traps)
I peered inside, looked carefully for a letter that I didn't want, but only found some bits of rubber, no not those things for protection.

In those posts you can read that I was disappointed about not being able to get replacement parts for Miss 11's Profind 25,
namely the rubber buttons that had perished, probably through lack of use.

Well, that envelope contains a number of new replacement buttons. They came through, and did not forget about a customer.
I think that is worthy of telling everyone, we rarely hear about the positives and the small actions, and yes it is really appreciated by miss 11 too.

I see techs kneeling down under benches and digging through many many old boxes. LOL.

Thanks Minelab, thanks J. 👍🖖
Yes and i bet there was also no charge involved either .................. FREE ? After sales service second to non IMHO

Great outcome GH. Minelab do have a fantastic service dept.

Just wondering though, how did they get your home address based on something you posted on the forum? Surely the recent forum changes haven't opened up that info?

Cheers, N.E.

Just wondering though, how did they get your home address based on something you posted on the forum? Surely the recent forum changes haven't opened up that info?

Cheers, N.E.

If you followed his original post you will notice he posted ..... "I also took in a Minelab 25 pinpointer because the rubber buttons were perished and cracking, strange thing is that it has only spent around 20 hours" ..... guessing the dealer had his contact details, nothing sinister here. All my equipment is registered for warranty, so ML would have contact details, same for everyone that registers their equipment (ML or whoever).

Cheers, N.E.

Nah, nothing wrong here, Minelab have logged the detectors under my name and address details, as they were all previously owned, even offered to deliver them to me by courier when done.
An envelope with spare parts is no problem as I volunteered the details, and I am reasonably private. I liked their initiative. 👍
They don't charge for the delivery when they send stuff back, that's pretty good right there.

Nah, nothing wrong here, Minelab have logged the detectors under my name and address details, as they were all previously owned, even offered to deliver them to me by courier when done.
An envelope with spare parts is no problem as I volunteered the details, and I am reasonably private. I liked their initiative. 👍
They don't charge for the delivery when they send stuff back, that's pretty good right there.
I too have had the pleasure of Minlabs generosity, my 5000 was years out of warranty and a switch failed so I rang ML service manager and had a chat to see where I could buy one when he said he would have a look around the workshop, presto one arrived in the mail. I sent an email to his boss saying he was a champion.

Same same with a pro sonic transmitter battery, not available to purchase as a spare part. Hey presto in the mail it arrived again no charge. Think it was Darryl in service, top bloke and always helpful.

Latest posts