Today I BROKE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Thought this might be an interesting thread.
Wasn't today but On Monday I clipped the back end of a car on my motorbike doing 100ks on the Bruce hwy..She changed lanes and didn't see me..Broke her tail light and almost ripped of my faring..Did a bit of a tank slap but held on..Thought I was on the highway to hell ]:D ]:D Bikes already being repaired as its my only transport.. :Y: :Y: to RACQ insurance..Wish I got photos but I think I've been in shock until now.I just thought of doing this thread so if you want to share what you have broke feel free :Y:

Amazing ya kept it upright smokey,sounds like ya dodged a bullet mate :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
7.62marksman said:
i was going to put up a funny picture but looking at the picture and thinking there is nothing funny about that sort of stuff :mad: :mad:
glad you are ok mate :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:
Cheers mate. :Y: .But funny pictures are always good. :Y:

Especially when its someone else ;) :lol:

One of those close calls in life where things could of been horribly different . Glad your okay mate. Wish the government would upgrade the Bruce highway and M1!!!

More than a decade ago ,I was involved in an accident . Me , my car and the biggest wooden power pole on the GC . When I came to, All I could see and smell was the airbags and smoke , broken windscreen and windows .... an eerie silence had kicked in. All I knew was that I needed to get out , but the driver side door was stuck due to the power pole almost breaking through the firewall on the drivers side . After a minute or 2 managed to shoulder the door open , and to my relief rolled out onto the kerbside grass . I looked up while on the ground and apart from the moon being bright and stars abundant . There were 20 curious heads looking down at me . So I stood up , and intense pain shot through my left arm . It was broken badly . My left forearm was basically broken in half . I have the scar to remind me everyday of what happened. Police report came back , confirming I had been nudged from behind by a white car . ( never to be found) . 2 months offwork - after one operation to piece my forearm together with 2 titanium plates and 16 screws nearly broke me , but I was young then and eventually got back into it. I guess I was broken physically but not mentally . I was just glad no one was killed . Here is my scar.
1522395295_7646de44-831c-4c6a-85b4-514a6553d962.jpg
from biceps to wrist :Y:

Danny13 said:
One of those close calls in life where things could of been horribly different . Glad your okay mate. Wish the government would upgrade the Bruce highway and M1!!!

More than a decade ago ,I was involved in an accident . Me , my car and the biggest wooden power pole on the GC . When I came to, All I could see and smell was the airbags and smoke , broken windscreen and windows .... an eerie silence had kicked in. All I knew was that I needed to get out , but the driver side door was stuck due to the power pole almost breaking through the firewall on the drivers side . After a minute or 2 managed to shoulder the door open , and to my relief rolled out onto the kerbside grass . I looked up while on the ground and apart from the moon being bright and stars abundant . There were 20 curious heads looking down at me . So I stood up , and intense pain shot through my left arm . It was broken badly . My left forearm was basically broken in half . I have the scar to remind me everyday of what happened. Police report came back , confirming I had been nudged from behind by a white car . ( never to be found) . 2 months offwork - after one operation to piece my forearm together with 2 titanium plates and 16 screws nearly broke me , but I was young then and eventually got back into it. I guess I was broken physically but not mentally . I was just glad no one was killed . Here is my scar.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5295_7646de44-831c-4c6a-85b4-514a6553d962.jpg from biceps to wrist :Y:
Cheers Dan
I'm all good mate...Glad your ok to mate.Things like that really open our eyes and reminds us how fragile we really are :Y:

I am glad you are ok now. I was 18 when i collected a hillside driving with a suspended license and having only 2 weeks to go I was coming back from Dromana playing in a band at the Mountain Peak Restaurant as it was called then, every sat night, and was pissed highly. I broke my right thumb, cracked my back in 4 places and had scars across my forehead down to my nose- like Lurch had in the Adams Family. The local chicken farmer tried to sue me for loss of production because i woke his chooks.
The Magistrate virtually laughed him out of court.
I couldn't walk for at least 12 months and it took 2 1/2 years to sort of walk properly-I crawled around the house on my house during that time.
I had mental and physical scars which still affect my body till this day.
I have no tattoos cos I had enough scars already on my body.
YES I BROKE THE LAW that day and BROKE my body as well.
I am sorry that this is slightly off topic but I needed to let it out after reading fellow members stories and their and their outcomes.
Cheers fellas.

Worst bike stack i ever had was 25ish years ago and i still dont know where it was or why .
My family thought i was drunk or on drugs during dinner etc and when i woke up in the morning the pillow was glued to my head with the blood that oozed out of my hair overnight.
I was dizzy and confused at breakfast not knowing why until we went down to the shed and the bike was mangled , the handle bars were the shape of the feul tank with only an inch or so of movement , the frame was snapped on one side under the seat , every part of the bike was scratched, dented ,bent or broken . God only knows how i rode it home or where i rode it from :rolleyes:
obviously by the time i made it home shock had set in and i had forgotten i stacked it . Its a mystery to me .

Smoky bandit said:
Cheers Guys I'm all good..Was a real eye opener though :Y:Unfortunately the insurance company still classes it as my fault.
Are you going to dispute their decision?
If you were doing nothing wrong and she changed into your lane and caused an accident. I dont see how you could be to blame in the insurers eyes.

(Just a hippys opinion, im no lawer or anything)

Yep trying to run over cars on your motorcycle , those poor defenceless cars ;) :lol:
The whole merging lane change thing is a grey area in the law and insurance companies have to choose a side , its better than eating asphalt 10 out of 10 for holding it upright :Y: :D

Latest posts