Today I BROKE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought this might be an interesting thread.
Wasn't today but On Monday I clipped the back end of a car on my motorbike doing 100ks on the Bruce hwy..She changed lanes and didn't see me..Broke her tail light and almost ripped of my faring..Did a bit of a tank slap but held on..Thought I was on the highway to hell ]:D ]:D Bikes already being repaired as its my only transport.. :Y: :Y: to RACQ insurance..Wish I got photos but I think I've been in shock until now.I just thought of doing this thread so if you want to share what you have broke feel free :Y:

No mate not at all..I couldn't beleave that I was Crusin along in my own happy world ...then nekminit looking at my nice clean bike all broken. Lucky it's just cosmetic damage :Y:

Yes much safer..unfortunately my work is a 120k trip 60ks each way and I just couldn't travel that Bruce hwy in a car due to the traffic jams EVERY day..I took the car once and it took 3hrs to get there..Been on a bike everyday for the last 20yrs and would have at least one close call a week..But that one was too close.Im just glad I'm still going detecting tomorrow :Y:

Ramjet said:
It is dangerous on a bike. Shame because it is the only way to travel. I never owned a car for over 20 years. After 2 of my sons and a mate had been knocked off their bikes, my wife bought me a car. LOL. No where near as enjoyable as a bike but safer.
And you still lean around corners hey ! :lol:

Good to here you are ok Smoky,

I personally haven't broken many bikes, but dropped a lot of dirt bikes, I was a self employed bike instructor for a few years, the action of others, mainly dropped bike damage, leavers, gear sticks, lights, indicators, exhausts, tank the list goes on.

Biggers stress came from the well-being of your client, big on safety, accidents did happen :eek: Only once did a assessor come back without my client, he told me that he dropped the bike during emergencie braking and he didn't come back because he may have a broken leg :N: also had a dirt bike rider drop his leg on a fast left-hander :N:
Sprained wrist and exhaust burns happened on the odd occasion. When Bluetooth came out things got a lot safer. :Y:

My body is worn out more than broken, wrist, albows, ankles and neck are stuffed, arthritis. Still ride for pleasure :lol:

The only thing to put me in hospital was a group of kangaroos, 2007 I was south east of Perth up Brockton hwy, camping with mates, I decided to practice night enduro as the T&E club was running a few at that time, alone on a crf450x, big mistake, :N: 10kms from camp coming out of a goat trail and into a straight gravel track l opened the bike up, top gear, then Wack from the side, took out the front wheel and I went sliding down the gravel track, not fun, no armour, had to get back, made it back and had a two week stay at RPH, Skin graph and lots of skin off all over

10 year later the staples and superglue worked
1522377246_img_20180330_072608.jpg

Don't ride at night east of Perth

Adventure.b4 dementia said:
Good to here you are ok Smoky,

I personally haven't broken many bikes, but dropped a lot of dirt bikes, I was a self employed bike instructor for a few years, the action of others, mainly dropped bike damage, leavers, gear sticks, lights, indicators, exhausts, tank the list goes on.

Biggers stress came from the well-being of your client, big on safety, accidents did happen :eek: Only once did a assessor come back without my client, he told me that he dropped the bike during emergencie braking and he didn't come back because he may have a broken leg :N: also had a dirt bike rider drop his leg on a fast left-hander :N:
Sprained wrist and exhaust burns happened on the odd occasion. When Bluetooth came out things got a lot safer. :Y:

My body is worn out more than broken, wrist, albows, ankles and neck are stuffed, arthritis. Still ride for pleasure :lol:

The only thing to put me in hospital was a group of kangaroos, 2007 I was south east of Perth up Brockton hwy, camping with mates, I decided to practice night enduro as the T&E club was running a few at that time, alone on a crf450x, big mistake, :N: 10kms from camp coming out of a goat trail and into a straight gravel track l opened the bike up, top gear, then Wack from the side, took out the front wheel and I went sliding down the gravel track, not fun, no armour, had to get back, made it back and had a two week stay at RPH, Skin graph and lots of skin off all over

10 year later the staples and superglue worked
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/11697/1522377246_img_20180330_072608.jpg

Don't ride at night east of Perth
That sounded...and looked painful :eek:

7.62marksman said:
i was going to put up a funny picture but looking at the picture and thinking there is nothing funny about that sort of stuff :mad: :mad:
glad you are ok mate :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:
Cheers mate. :Y: .But funny pictures are always good. :Y:

silver said:
Ramjet said:
It is dangerous on a bike. Shame because it is the only way to travel. I never owned a car for over 20 years. After 2 of my sons and a mate had been knocked off their bikes, my wife bought me a car. LOL. No where near as enjoyable as a bike but safer.
And you still lean around corners hey ! :lol:

Yep. Worst part of being in a car is ya can't filter through traffic.

Latest posts