Thank you Tathradj

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tathradj been playing around with my laptop from he's place and my laptop is hear with me

Strange feeling watching your curser moving and you have not moved it :lol:

Programs popping up and going down all over the screen of my laptop :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's just scary how someone can access your computer and able to do thing's to it

All good now as my laptop is up and running with the scary thing called Skype :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make mental note to make sure I have a top on when I turn my laptop on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't want to scare anyone ;) ;)

Thank you very much Tathradj (Doug ) XXX

Goody :)

Not a problem.
Took a bit as the connection was a bit rough. :awful:
Anyway, Goody mentioned something there very important.
Do not give remote access to your machine unless you
know and trust the source.
The remote access was via team viewer.

When finished, Put a piece of tape or card board over
your camera.
some situations are the camera can be remote controlled
destroying your privacy.
Don't leave any program like Skype running in the back ground.

Just to add to Taths post and for those less experienced.

In Windows 10 (I think from memory Win 7 & 8 as well) if you click on the little "UP" arrow on the Taskbar (normally lower right) a little window will pop up like this....
1586760195_screen.jpg

The icons represent what it running in the background i.e. top left is Bluetooth, lower left is Trend Micro (my virus scanner).

By checking here, (Hover Cursor over icon) you can establish what is running and by right mouse clicking the appropriate icon, view a menu which will give you options such as "Exit App", "Close" or "Exit" etc. By clicking on such a command, the background App or process will close, but still be available at your command should you wish to use that function at a later time.

A good example of this is; I use a VPN App, when finished with it, disconnected from the server and the App is closed with the little X at the top right of the App, I go to the above "window" and it shows the VPN App is still running in the background even though I have disconnected from the Web and closed the App. I believe Skype also does this.

Some brilliant points being made here.
Thank You.
I do not trust anything residual services.
Programs like this especially.
Nice one to run,
Win10 shuttup.
Don't change any thing unless you really know what you
are doing.
Stops a lot of crap dialing home to Mummy.

Tathradj,
Can you install spell checker on goodys computer?
Grammar is terrible :lol: :clap: :Y:

Moderator Edit.

We are aghast that some one has the hide to make a
Statement like that without knowing what is going
on.

We are going to leave this here as an example.

So what I'm trying to say is, the computer should suggest spelling mistakes, grammar etc etc.
It's called Auto Correct.

Just trying to say.....ahhh it doesn't matter, well done Doug.

I have dyslexia

I have memory impairment

I have speech impairment

I have hearing impairment

Plus other thing's

Auto correct is no good if you don't no how to spell the flipping word ,

Or you can not hear a word so how the bloody well am I meant to spell it..

Grammar don't even no what that is

I have always tried to put up interesting post

I struggled and became a home care nurse

I save people lives do you?

I am a good person and will not put up with some people that need yo grow a brain..

Please remember that there are people behind the screen with feelings and people that struggle in life :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Goody

Edited Comment
Goody, Don't you dare take any notice of this.
Very well spoken comment too.
Any more issues you have with your Laptop,
You know who to call on. :flowers: :flowers:

I have actually, I'm in our Emergency Response Team at work, We saved a guy last year who was crushed under a rock, 500m underground after a rock fall, nobody else would risk their life to get him out, he survived.

:Y:

Hopefully this Topic will return to what it was intended for, to pass on knowledge to assist others, not criticise.

I started working with computers 50 years ago, reckon I learned a thing or two about them, but there are times my spelling n Gramma aint great. Even after all that time, I'm still a 2 finger typist prone to putting one or the other in the wrong place, lol. :)

Onya Goody.....

Just realised how ambiguous my "Finger" comment is, aah the English language........interpret as you will, lol.

Re Spell checkers, the word realised shows incorrect on the Forum (red underline). It is likely that the spell checker is U.S. where it is spelled realized which shows correct here. I guess we tend to accept both versions due to the Americanisation we endure, but it is spelled with an S not a Z.

Unfortunately, unless you deliberately install an Oxford English Dictionary spell checker, many words on PCs will show incorrect due to the U.S. v proper English difference.

If I relied on my laptop I would be stuffed

So I use my mobile phone as it help's me with word's

With out it you would not no what I was trying to say

I am lucky with my learning difficulty as I have worked around it some what,

Doug knows that I have a learning difficulty so he will ring me when I am having problems with anything and walks me through it step by step :perfect:

He all so know how clever and knowledgeable I am :D

Top bloke in my book's :Y:

Goody

I notice that the latest install for windoz 10 only has America for the input/Language
option.
I would nearly bet that there is a language pack for 'Straya. ;)
It used to be that you could select it from a list.
Another one that gets my hackles up is
Colour - Color.
Color was adapted for freeking Telingbision.
Not the language in whole. :awful:

condor22 said:
Just realised how ambiguous my "Finger" comment is, aah the English language........interpret as you will, lol.

Re Spell checkers, the word realised shows incorrect on the Forum (red underline). It is likely that the spell checker is U.S. where it is spelled realized which shows correct here. I guess we tend to accept both versions due to the Americanisation we endure, but it is spelled with an S not a Z.

Unfortunately, unless you deliberately install an Oxford English Dictionary spell checker, many words on PCs will show incorrect due to the U.S. v proper English difference.

Latest posts