Help with Training on Minelab Xchange2 and Xchange2 Extended - Thanks Davsgold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals/ Alphabet etc

Am soon to provide some training on Xchange2 and Xchgange2 Extended to club members re their GPZ7000.

So many have no clue or even used it and with the Police / Prisons and Search and Recovery jobs I do; the clients like the fact that I can export and they can import tracks and the search and find points. They can then overlay onto Google earth or their own maps...

NOTE: Until now this has all been with the CTX3030.

However I have had a couple of club members ask if Xchange2 works on the GPZ7000 = LOL.

They have been missing out on things...

Can any one upload or email me their GPZ7000 Default settings and or some of their MLF files that I can then do some prep work on for the training session I am to be doing.

I will be connecting their units on the day as part of the training and MAKING it clear as to the process to copy/move and save new profiles to their machines. So many get it mixed up as the way the SQL Data Base and the Xchange interface works; it can be confusing.

Thanks IN ADVANCE.

PS. Have been off air for a while as while the NEw knee is great both my Wife and I have been running into a number of health issue and the last 4 weeks with Covid19 and it was not a great time. I have also busted and fully torn the ligaments in my dominate wrist and may yet have to have it fully fused..

PPS. Getting old is not a fun as I was led to believe.

Mark

Last edited:
Hi Guys/Gals/ Alphabet etc

Am soon to provide some training on Xchange2 and Xchgange2 Extended to club members.

So many have no clue or even used it and with the Police / Prisons and Search and Recovery jobs I do; the clients like the fact that I can export and they can import tracks and the search and find points. They can then overlay onto Google earth or their own maps...

NOTE: Until now this has all been with the CTX3030.

However I have had a couple of club members ask if Xchange2 works on the GPZ7000 = LOL.

They have been missing out on things...

Can any one upload or email me their GPZ7000 Default settings and or some of their MLF files that I can then do some prep work on for the training session I am to be doing.

I will be connecting their units on the day as part of the training and MAKING it clear as to the process to copy/move and save new profiles to their machines. So many get it mixed up as the way the SQL Data Base and the Xchange interface works; it can be confusing.

Thanks IN ADVANCE.

PS. Have been off air for a while as while the NEw knee is great both my Wife and I have been running into a number of health issue and the last 4 weeks with Covid19 and it was not a great time. I have also busted and fully torn the ligaments in my dominate wrist and may yet have to have it fully fused..

PPS. Getting old is not a fun as I was led to believe.

Mark
Good luck with the wrist Mark. How do they fuse a wrist?

Good luck with the wrist Mark. How do they fuse a wrist?
Surgeon aligns the bones and then fuses them together with plates and screws. 3 months to set but as I also have a low bone density; it can get dicey.

However I am still able to play with Xchange 2 and the Extended app; with left hand pecking at the KB.

With data points exported, it is so much easier to see where you have been and any trends with finds. Also clearly shows how most people miss 50% to 70% of an area they might say they had done...

G'day AngerManagment, this is how I do what your talking about. I got the idea from Detector Prospector forum a few years ago Steve Hershbak started playing around with it and it does work, and I can export the data to Google Earth

Hi Guys,

since reporting my finds accuratly to the authorities and kepping track of my finds is quite important to me, I figured out a way to export the data from Xchange2 to your PC. If youre intrested (It's pretty easy) here is what to do:

1) Get the freeware tool SQLite Database Browser (http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/)
2) Make the Appdata Folder in your Users Directory visible (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME) and go into Folder Options and make hidden directories visible
3) Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XChange2
4) Copy the file "mldata" to your desktop (or any other non write protected directory)
5) Open "mldata" in SQLite Data Browser

Your findpoints are stored in the table "findpoint" (Also other settings like e.g. geohunts are stored in separate tables). From here you can export to SQL or CSV File (Excel). You can even edit all entries directly with the tool.

But make sure youre working on the copy and not the original, since you can also mess it up :-D.

Hope that is useful for you.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy Addition:

I have heard often that some of you want .kml format for hunts and findpoints. Thats also achievable by reducing the exported excel table to the findpoints (inc. coordinates of course) and then use a freeware tool like http://www.earthpoint.us/ExcelToKml.aspx to convert these points into kml format.

G'day AngerManagment, this is how I do what your talking about. I got the idea from Detector Prospector forum a few years ago Steve Hershbak started playing around with it and it does work, and I can export the data to Google Earth

Hi Guys,

since reporting my finds accuratly to the authorities and kepping track of my finds is quite important to me, I figured out a way to export the data from Xchange2 to your PC. If youre intrested (It's pretty easy) here is what to do:

1) Get the freeware tool SQLite Database Browser (http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/)
2) Make the Appdata Folder in your Users Directory visible (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME) and go into Folder Options and make hidden directories visible
3) Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XChange2
4) Copy the file "mldata" to your desktop (or any other non write protected directory)
5) Open "mldata" in SQLite Data Browser

Your findpoints are stored in the table "findpoint" (Also other settings like e.g. geohunts are stored in separate tables). From here you can export to SQL or CSV File (Excel). You can even edit all entries directly with the tool.

But make sure youre working on the copy and not the original, since you can also mess it up :-D.

Hope that is useful for you.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Enjoy Addition:

I have heard often that some of you want .kml format for hunts and findpoints. Thats also achievable by reducing the exported excel table to the findpoints (inc. coordinates of course) and then use a freeware tool like http://www.earthpoint.us/ExcelToKml.aspx to convert these points into kml format.
I have no issues with getting the data exported and use a great Application called Xchange2 Extended. It links to the Xchange2 files and you can export what ever you want including extra data and can select hunts etc that you wish.

Have used a number of SQL Base apps to edit the MLdata and also have the password to the actual ML data files.

What I am looking for is some GPZ7000 files to play with prior to the training session.

Have 6 years of various CTX3030 files and different profiles and even edit some of the KLM files to have the path drawn/displayed to simulate a 1.5M swing. That way you can also show some people just how bad their swing patterns are and how much area they miss.

Have helped a few out with their GPZ7000's but never archived their maps or settings. Mainly due to the fact that I did not want to ever being accused of hitting a special spot that they may have mapped.

I often wonder if the ML service guys ever look at any mapping on the ones they get in...

So if any one has a "mldata" data file from a GPZ7000 that does not have their private Gold hot spot mapped :) can you please PM me and we can chat as to how to get it to me.

If you need a copy of Xchange2 Extended; I have attempted to upload but at 12meg it is too big to attach.

So pm me and happy to share. The developer was going to enhance a few parts for me to assist with custom exporting for special clients; but as not may seem to use Tracking, he has stopped any further development.

If you need a copy of Xchange2 Extended; I have attempted to upload but at 12meg it is too big to attach.

So pm me and happy to share. The developer was going to enhance a few parts for me to assist with custom exporting for special clients; but as not may seem to use Tracking, he has stopped any further development.
I will PM you

Thankyou AngerManagement for the Xchange2 Extended it works very well with some help from yourself and my wife to get the program slotted into where it had to go, once all that happened you can get it to send ML data files to KML to view in Google Earth

Well you do need to have some ML data saved in Xchange2 from your GPZ7000 for any of this to happen :)

cheers dave

Davsgold

Has been a pleasure and a learning experience....

Have not get got to look at some of the files; as lots going on here.

But will email you any interesting information that I find.

Mark

Davsgold; Not sure why; but can access the mldata file with my SQL application but not Xchange2.

You use some interesting names for your hunts...

For those using a CTX3030 here is a pic or 2 of the Xchange2 screens.

And a Very Rough pic of a Consulting job in the early stages of the contract and training of a couple of users. NOTE: Values / Settings have been changed for many reasons.

There is also a ROUGH Goldies setup but the actual sound profile is not shown but you get the idea. CaptureGP_2.JPGCapture.goldies.1.JPGCapture.universal.JPGCapture.goldies.jPG

If someone " Other than Davsgold - He is out country hunting the yellow" can zip their GPZ7000 Xchange2 folder and sub directories - I will O you a coffee :) if you can make the file available to me :)

PS. You can run multiple copies of Xchange2 but it can be a tad messy to set up.

I have one Xchange2 setup for my personal hunts and settings

AND

I have another that is setup up for any Police or other Consulting work...

PS. I should have a couple of CTX3030's but will wait for the release of its replacement as not sure if it will still have a mapping function.

As to Xchange2 Extended... A couple of shots and of some of my Screen shortcuts. The KLM's either go to the Customer or open in Google Earth or other Mapping programs.

Capture.ext1.JPGCapture.ext2.JPGCapture.shortcuts.JPGCapture.extended.JPG

Latest posts