Testing the sluice & new mods.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziii

Paul
Reaction score
Short vid of our Sluicy Gold GS10 highbanker, first highbanker we've had, I decided to do mods & add a spray bar, not so much for breaking up clay but more for helping to keep gravels in the hopper a little longer to hopefully break them up a bit better as this model H/B only has water come in from the top of the hopper.
Pump is a 3700 gph unit, pipes are 25mm because thats what the original fitting was & long section of layflat is 25mm, short section off pump is 40mm to suit pump outlet then the reducer fittings to 25mm.
Not sure how it will go down the creek, hoping to get down & try it out asap.
Water flow seems alright but as this is our first banker I'm not really sure.
Let me know what you think, all help is very much appreciated.
Thankyou.

Looks like a nice unit ozziii. The pipe setup is similar to mine and you will find the odd large rock get caught where the jets are but no big issue. Thosesluices are pretty open to be modified as well

She's a good lookng unit, can't wait to see some dirt going through it and the gold at the end.....wish we could use those things up here, imagine Yobs the 3 of us with Highbankers side by side and a big excavator filling them....ohhhh....ohhh forgot we can't use excavators. My bad. Back to rockin and banjo "Ben"

Nightjar said:
Looking good Ozzi, now all you have to do is find a creek with a bit of gold laying in the bed.

Already got my spot worked out Nightjar, been getting a little colour in the pan so now its time to have a good dig there.

AtomRat said:
Looks like a nice unit ozziii. The pipe setup is similar to mine and you will find the odd large rock get caught where the jets are but no big issue. Thosesluices are pretty open to be modified as well

Thanks AR, hopefully not to much will get caught, the jets are 6mm so reasonably sized & the pump will sit in a container or pan with water flowing over it & I've also wrapped some flyscreen around the base so if any gets it it should just be pretty fine stuff hopefully.

I like modifying things so there will be plenty more things to do, & eventually I'll get the bits together & build my own, this one will be the test bed & the one I build will have all the good bits. Well thats the plan anyway.

cecc said:
She's a good lookng unit, can't wait to see some dirt going through it and the gold at the end.....wish we could use those things up here, imagine Yobs the 3 of us with Highbankers side by side and a big excavator filling them....ohhhh....ohhh forgot we can't use excavators. My bad. Back to rockin and banjo "Ben"

Thanks CECC, about to head down the creek shortly & give it a test run, can't wait to see how it goes myself. Looking at doing a video this weekend coming if all goes to plan so hopefully it won't be far away.

Latest posts