Stupid things you've done !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke a customer electric fence looked at the control unit 20m away looked like it was off so i picked up one end felt good no shock picked up the other end hair stood up all over my body fingers went into spasms dropped the second wire and yes stupid me automaticaly picked it up again ended up on my ass
Walked 20m to the house and switched it off repaired the wire took the rest of the day off

Back about the same time as you DG i was also out wilcannia way, a little roadhouse called emmdale, i was up there professional shooting roos and porkers for the west german market. How i ever stuck it out baffles me to this day, as i had a real fear of ufo's and ghosts and all my work was of a night and solo. Anyway i was working a paddock at moira plains and heading towards the boundary gate to yelta station, i was thinking about this gate as a bloke had comitted suicide there and it was rumored his ghost had never left. By the time i reached the gate i had gotten myself worked up and flew out of the vehicle to get the gate opened as quick as i could. Just as i unlatched and swung the gate open i heard a horrible load grating noise and took off in full flight across the paddock fairly shiteing myself. When i finally got the courage to look around there was the tojo going backwards into the scrub and i realised the grating noise was the gearbox as i hadn't knocked it into neutral properly. By the time i caught up to it i was pretty knocked up but realised i still had to go through the gate and get out to close it again. At 52 i'm still scared of ufo's and ghosts and i really don't know why as i've never come across one. Ha Ha it still plays mental games with me when i go camping and detecting on my own. SS.

p.s so now you all know i'm full of shite when i say "scared of nothing and frightened of no one" :8

Mashing the spud's one night as SHMBO and I were having a "Discussion. "
Mashing away and picked up the Salt container, Give them a sprinkle, back
to slamming the spuds.
Noticed a funny smell emanating from the now completely pulverized pot of spuds.
She had put a small container of scented powder right beside the salt container that
was identical in color and size.
They were the last lot we had so no mashed spuds that night.
Yep, It was my fault. ]:D

Mine was going out with my mates drinking on Friday night..... Got home 4am Saturday, I still don't feel right......

I've done thousands of other stupid things but this was the latest effort.. :D

While still a pup at high school an older mate took me to the drive in. He had a girl friend in with him & to get me out of the car he offered me a half dozen cans of beer.
Six cans later at the end of the movie I staggered back to his car. Opened the back door & fell flat on my back on the seat while announcing "Shit I'm pissed".
Interior light came on & I'm staring at the vice principal of the high school and his wife who happened to have a similar colour/model car to my mate. :eek:
Rob.

I had a mate who in a moment of passion Applied some Deep Heat to his persona and she took off out of bed like a late Freight making a "B" line for the bath room,

Puts a whole new meaning in to the term Hot Woman, Lol.

J.

Here is another one I'll tell you about -
My daughter and her then partner were looking for a place to rent at the same time a friend of ours was looking for new tenants in his rental . I had a stern word to the daughters partner about keeping up with the rent and bills and stuck my neck out by guaranteeing all would be good to our friends ! Things were traveling ok for the first few months but around six months later the daughter left him , he did a runner with around $4000 unpaid rent and bills along with a fair bit of damage that he done inside the unit .
Long story short I coughed up the rent , the bills weren't our problem and repaired the damage that was done !
Never again !!!!

mudgee hunter said:
Blonde moment.....
yeah the kitchen sink was blocked and over flowing....
so yep, undo the P trap. Best put a bucket under it to catch it all hey, cracked it, poured into the bucket nicely.
Took out the P trap, then the bucket of water... well I'll just get rid of this water firstly....
Poured it straight back into the sink...
:(

You are not alone on that one

One time of many, about 30yrs ago when I was eleven I was land casting with my fishing rod over my neighbors place and had a big nut on the end to replace hook etc. Cast this mother like a pro way up over a big tree and geez it looked impressive! Anywho I reeled him in like there was no tomorrow when well, wouldn't have guessed it..... she snagged.
I tightened that drag and oh boy did I pull back on that bad boy like I had a sailfish or somthin! Next thing I know she's free, time slowed and this nut come for me. It just got bigger and bigger then....SMACK!!! Hit me just beside my left eye missing my eyeball by about a centimeter. I drop the rod, cupped my eye with my hand and run around screamin is my eye still there, is my eye still there. My mate catches me and laughin says move ya hand. Doh! Anyway the neighbor patched me up and was sweet as. Never cast a rod out of water since. 8)

lmao Dirt i can relate to that... same scenario 14 yrs old in Cairns dry firing a rod got stuck in a palm tree root gave her a solid yank ended up receiving a lead sinker between the eye.... nice purple egg haha :N:

Not me but a mate.

Had a mate who's new girl friend had her tongue, nipples and navel pierced.
She convinced him he should get a piercing too.

Anyway, one night at about 11.30pm I get a frantic phone call to come over...I mean urgently come over, break the speed limit type of urgent.

I get there and what had happened was he decided to do his piercing himself.
He had a few rums for braveness, got a bag of frozen peas out of the freezer to numb his willy, removed his ear stud and wiped it with detol then laid his willy out on the dining room :D table.

He then lined up the ear stud where he wanted it and gave it a firm whack with a meat tenderizer.

Stupid idiot nailed himself to the dining room table!!

His old boy was swelling up and looked almost like it swallowed the ear stud. He was in a hell of a state and couldn't pull it loose because of the pain.
I had to go to his shed and raid his tool box and eventually pried it loose with a pair of pointy nosed pliers.

Latest posts