Stupid things you've done !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After being entertained the last few days by our overseas friend I thought it might be good fun and a laugh for members to share there stupid things I've done stories . I'll kick it of -
Back in my early to mid twenties (around 25year ago ) me and a mate were outback nsw up around wilcannia , Ivanhoe way shooting some porkers . We pulled into Ivanhoe to fill up the car with gas and decided to stop in at the local watering hole for a feed and a few beers , we walked in around 11.30 had a feed and boy were those beers going down well chatting to the locals having a great old time ! After more beers than we should of had we staggered out of the pub around 9 that night , jump in the car planning to drive back to boligal and set up camp , out of the corner of our eyes we see the publican followed by half the locals streaming out the front door yelling at us that we can't drive you are to drunk my response was pedal to the metal were out of hear . I was driving and me mate brett was telling me to pull over and he will drive but he was just as wasted as me so on I drove .
About ten kilometers out of town I pulled over as I was busting for a twinkle when out of nowhere a outback type divvy van pulls up and throws brett in the back and drives of back in the direction of Ivanhoe as little did I know at the time he jumped into the drivers seat . So here's me still on the side of the road old fella in me right hand scratching me head with me left thinking what do I do now , so as any person with his beer goggles on would do I jumped in the car and followed them back to the cop shop at a safe distance . I get back and go crashing throu the front door of the station demanding to know what is going on , I was greeted with an open cell door and was ushered in quick smart . I played up in there for a good 10 to 15 minutes kicking and screaming calling the officer every name under the sun before calming down , about 10 minutes later I told him I'm not an animal and could he please let me out , he said sure out you come I said you need to unlock the door to that he replied it ain't locked out you come !
So I had been banging and crashing on the bars wanting to get out when all I had to do was push the door open .
We were quickly charged and being still quite drunk we were throw out the front door and told to get out of town ASAP as the copper was running late for his dinner at the local RSL . Moral of the story , don't upset the locals ! I look back on it now and have a good old laugh . Ahh the stupid things you do .

Ok who's next ?

Blonde moment.....
yeah the kitchen sink was blocked and over flowing....
so yep, undo the P trap. Best put a bucket under it to catch it all hey, cracked it, poured into the bucket nicely.
Took out the P trap, then the bucket of water... well I'll just get rid of this water firstly....
Poured it straight back into the sink...
:(

mudgee hunter said:
Blonde moment.....
yeah the kitchen sink was blocked and over flowing....
so yep, undo the P trap. Best put a bucket under it to catch it all hey, cracked it, poured into the bucket nicely.
Took out the P trap, then the bucket of water... well I'll just get rid of this water firstly....
Poured it straight back into the sink...
:(

Classic !

for me it's hard to laugh at the following one because it could have killed me. But was undeniably stupid. Was driving a bus back to work. Front tire goes flat. Get tools out. Nuts on steer tyre too stiff to undo. Look around for cheater bar for leverage. Find galvanised fence post 15ft long. Its the only thing I can find. Crack all nuts except one because can't get long post horizontal and over handle. Decide to start it vertical instead. Position tyre breaker on nut. start lifting post up to slide over tyre breaker handle. Looked up for some reason I don't know and there it was............HIGH VOLTAGE CABLE. Still makes me sick.

numpty said:
Goldfreak said:
Accidentally tried some deep heat on my toothbrush.

hahaha lucky ya didn't put it down stairs on the jewels!.
Why do you always put tooth paste on your genitals ? ;) fluoride is not going to harden it for you buddy. (Joke)

My workmates and I decided to cut a 60liter drum in half. ( I probably don't need to say anymore ) but anyway. We washed it out a number of times, left the bungs out and left a small amount of water inside. My mate sat on the ground to hold the drum steady using his feet on the bottom of the drum as well. I got the 4 inch grinder ( I probably don't need to go on ) but anyway. I started to cut the drum and after I'd cut about 6 inches I decided to see how we were going. I lifted the grinder out of the cut, leant forward to look, I was about to say there is a little flame in there, when booom, she went off. Because my mate had his feet against the bottom of the drum he stopped it from blowing out completely but it stretched about 100 mm while the other end took flight and went through the fibro ceiling in the garage. :eek: A flame came out of the opened cut and rushed up the front of my legs taking all the hair with it and continued up where it also claimed part of my beard. We got to know all of our neighbours that day. We went to the hardware and bought the buckets we needed :/. Thankfully we both survived, I know there have been others not so fortunate.

Mine is.. I worked at a Furniture Factory and we made Bar Stools, Coffee Tables and Timber Dining Tables.. My Boss asked me to go for a Drive down to another Furniture Factory to collect a drum of Thinners that was dropped of there by mistake... So I took the opportunity to have a Ciggy in the work ute.. I pulled into the other factory's parking bay and as I got out of the ute, threw my ciggy butt into the Drain at the front of the ute.. Turned around and walked into the factory... Asked for our Drum of thinners and this guy said 'that's it there'... As We turned around to walk out there was this White Smoke coming out from the front of the ute, and getting Bigger by the second... Next thing there were Flames, so I quickly moved the ute and noticed this White smoke out the front of the factory, on the street as well...Coming out of the grate of the Stormwater.. WTF.. Next thing the boss of this factory said FIRE and every-one was running everywhere... Fire Brigade arrived and put out fire in their Factory then noticed the Fire in the Drainage System in the whole Street... Major Situation Developed with lots if Fire trucks and an Evacuation of the Surrounding Factories...I was asked WTF I did and said that I threw my Ciggy butt into the drain... Turns out 'This' Factory has been tipping their left-over Thinners down the Drain for quite a few years and I had set fire to the Whole Drainage System in the Estate... By the time I returned back to My Factory my Boss was standing there Laughing saying that I tried to Take out the Opposition.. . He Then Sacked Me for Smoking in the Work ute...
I Didn't like That Job anyhow, but I couldn't use them for a Reference on my next job, Which was Working in a Paint Factory... ]:D

The Council Closed Down the Other Factory and they were Fined a very large Sum of Money for Illegally Dumping Flammable Liquid down the Stormwater System.... :lol: ..

LW...

I used to work at a factory where, unbeknown to me, they used to tip their left over thinners down the storm water drain.

Then some bloke turns up one day to pick something up and drops a cigarette butt into the storm water drain - starts the whole drainage system on fire.

Factory shut down and a big fine for the owners. Could have been a real situation!!

Northeast said:
I used to work at a factory where, unbeknown to me, they used to tip their left over thinners down the storm water drain.

Then some bloke turns up one day to pick something up and drops a cigarette butt into the storm water drain - starts the whole drainage system on fire.

Factory shut down and a big fine for the owners. Could have been a real situation!!
Very funny :Y:

Latest posts