Stupid things you've done !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a green 1st year apprentice the boss got me to nail down a heap of ceiling joists , no drama boss so of I went put the ladder in place and up I slid the joists on top of the wall plate and started to nail away moving the ladder as I went , finished one went to move ladder and realised I had put the joist throu a run in the ladder , had to de nail it pull it down to get the ladder free ! Me boss didn't let me forget that one in a hurry ! Lol

Probs the weekend that was gunna pay big time too ! :eek: ........ :eek:

Yeah there was a big nugget waiting for me. I'm sure it'll be there next time. Things just didn't work out right so sitting at home thinking of what could have been :Y:

Planned a trip but got my wisdom teeth out yesterday.
Thought I would be okay but an hour of yanking has left me sore.
I had no idea the buggers curve at the roots.
No gold in them just mercury.
According to the dentist all us old fellas have loads of mercury talk about a hazard in the mouth.
The dentist had to dispose of them in a hazardous material bin.
Feel like crap so maybe next weekend for detecting.

That's made me think of a stupid thing I did years ago. Got one of my font teeth snapped off by a cricket ball so they put in a gold post and attached tooth to it. Long story short it eventually came loose so stuck it back in with superglue. Whilst out on the piss on night had a few too many and threw up said tooth never to be found again,by me anyway I'm sure some relic hunter may have found it :Y:

Too many to list, so I'll pick one.
As a young soldier, I was posted to 3RAR, at the time, a parachute infantry battalion.
Well every Tuesday night, they had a promotion on at the Revsby roundhouse (or workers, cloudy memory) where it was $11 cover charge, and then 11c drinks!
Well anyway, got back home at about 4am, just in time to get on the truck to RAAF base Richmond for a day of parachute training.
After my second jump, With rum smelling sweat leaking from my body, I asked my mate how many jumps we were doing that day.
5 he replied!
Oh no, 3 more to go! I said.
He laughed, Dave he said, we've already done 4!

davent said:
Too many to list, so I'll pick one.
As a young soldier, I was posted to 3RAR, at the time, a parachute infantry battalion.
Well every Tuesday night, they had a promotion on at the Revsby roundhouse (or workers, cloudy memory) where it was $11 cover charge, and then 11c drinks!
Well anyway, got back home at about 4am, just in time to get on the truck to RAAF base Richmond for a day of parachute training.
After my second jump, With rum smelling sweat leaking from my body, I asked my mate how many jumps we were doing that day.
5 he replied!
Oh no, 3 more to go! I said.
He laughed, Dave he said, we've already done 4!

Hey davent , been meaning to say for a while that your avatar cracks me up every time I see it !
He defiantly looks how I have been many a time back in the day !
Love it .

Hahaha! Cracks me up to.
Its a character from a TV show called shameless, Frank Gallagher. He a bum! And I've never really looked like him......from the outside anyway!

davent said:
Hahaha! Cracks me up to.
Its a character from a TV show called shameless, Frank Gallagher. He a bum! And I've never really looked like him......from the outside anyway!

Or you could mistake him for Neil of the young ones ? Now that show cracked me up as well .
Is shameless still on TV ? Can't say I've heard of it but would be worth a look just to see frank ! Lol

Would the real Frank Gallagher please stand up...

1503738693_tutbrsdj.jpg

Davent, I love Shameless too. It's weird that there is both a UK & US version and their stories almost run the same.

Lol, either way, they are a bunch of grubs!

Diamo gold said:
davent said:
Hahaha! Cracks me up to.

Or you could mistake him for Neil of the young ones ? Now that show cracked me up as well .
Is shameless still on TV ? Can't say I've heard of it but would be worth a look just to see frank ! Lol

If you have a smart TV, or laptop, type in google, chillinflix, you can find it all there, its free.

davent said:
Diamo gold said:
davent said:
Hahaha! Cracks me up to.

If you have a smart TV, or laptop, type in google, chillinflix, you can find it all there, its free.

Cheers for that , I'll check it out .

Latest posts