Some photo's from last trip.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, here are a few photos of places where I found heaps of fuggets and a few grams of nuggets from the Central NSW trip.
1420617900_drg1.jpg

1420617900_drg2.jpg

1420617900_drg3.jpg

1420617900_drg4.jpg

1420617900_drg5.jpg

Cheers

For a bit of contrast, here's some photo's of one of my spots closer to home that has given good gold in the past. It's deep in a valley and cool even in summer, with some great waterholes that the wife loves to swim in whilst I detect and pan :)
1420622126_drgc1.jpg

1420622126_drgc2.jpg

1420622126_drgc3.jpg

1420622126_drgc4.jpg

That certainly looks like it has seen some activity in the past, as they say they never get it all. That waterhole sure looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Hey mate,

Great pics. Definitely see the contrast beteween inland and the closer to the coast.

Would love to run the top 1ft of that central west dirt through a higbanker, then dectect on new cut then repeat!

Technology is great now for photos on the run.

Cheers

RS

I really don't think I could go in Oldfella, even with safety gear, think I'd struggle to breathe, little dramatic I know. When I went to Tassie a few years back, went to the Beaconsfield mine, did the walk around in there and had a look at the replica of Todd and Brant's little enclosure, it was too uncomfortably tight of a fit going into the pipe that they would have crawled through to get out into the chamber/larger pipe to get back to the surface. Safety first!

Cheers

Didn't get any photo's of my digging areas this trip but thought I would show some pics taken on my way down. These are Battery Rocks near Cassilis and My mate's Dog and Cat who thinks it's a dog, where we were staying. Yes, the cat is real, just sleeping :lol: The Dog Rocky christened all 4 tyres on my 4wd every morning without fail :D
1423045545_drgbatrocks1.jpg

1423045545_drgbatrocks2.jpg

1423045545_drgcatnap.jpg

1423045545_drgrockythedog.jpg

Hey Oldfella,

I called into the rest area not far from Sandy Hollow a few trips ago to have a look.

Have been going past it for years with work and never took the time to have a look but am glad I did!

Interesting formations in otherwise a basic sandstone area.

Cheers

RS

Hi RS, Its quite a unique area, The Wife and I first came across it about 25 years ago when we were newly weds. We decided to pop in and take our 2nd look this trip. 25 years later :lol:

Was the making out as good as it was 25 years ago?????????????? :eek:

or 25 years later just dropped in for a cuppa and a sanga!

Hi JeffP, Almost everyone who swings a detector down that way knows where it is and has tried their luck :D Yes, got a few sub gram nuggets from there :) Nothing any deeper than 15cm, most were considerably shallower.

Cheers

Latest posts