Shoalhaven Beach Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to the Shoalhaven Heads Beach for one hour and found this
The watch is a Seiko 100m Mens Gold And Black still working and has todays date however it was 1 hour behind when cleaned up there are no scratches anywhere on the watch it is as new condition :D
I was using my Grandfathers Goldseeker 12000 which he got back in the early 80s
Who else do we have in the Shoalhaven that has something to show
1479282405_100_5988.jpg

Yes that is true
i did find $5k a few months ago and they said it would have to be on the register for 6 months then if not claimed it was mine (only 1 month to go i can feel a mine lab coming on)
i have rang the club (number on the net) and they have had no watches reported lost in the last few months
so now we will wait and see

A decent watch for a change, well done. Usually they are beyond help, though appears that the Seiko hasn't been lost all that long ago. Next one will hopefully be a Rolex or an Omega. ;)

You found $5000???? :eek:

Yes it was an hour behind with todays date and about 2m above the high tide mark so it was not there long
Lol na already got a Rolex has not missed a beat in all the years i have had it 20 yrs (was my grandfathers)
Yes i found 5k i done the right thing and handed it in so now just waiting to see if the money god wants me to have a detector or not

lol what denominations was it in and its yours you must have dropped it when you were over this way or did i find it somewhere else lol

Yes might have to do some fishing lol i am going to try vincentia area on friday i think just trying to do all the beaches i can around the area but after today i think my luck might run out for a while
All this is practice for my week at jerrong in the near future need to work out thd settings on the detector

It was my first try at beach detecting, quite pleasant down there late in the afternoon when the wind finally drops.. Next project is to work on a sand scoop of some kind.
Best of luck with Jerriong, I think beach gold is about the limit now for my poor old GT16000 ;)

I've had many nights detecting the beach with not much to show for my efforts, it's tends to be either a feast or famine. Sometimes just a quick look at my local beaches and the sand movements was enough to make up my mind on whether to have a go or not, especially if chasing older/deeper targets. :)

Latest posts